Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I think this will be a running theme for our group (i know this is our C team). Great build up play spoiled by a brutal defensive effort.

Reactions: wingman75

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The defending from Waterman was bad. in his defence though, he barely warmed up and this is his international debut. Lots going on for him today.

Reactions: wingman75

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I think this will be a running theme for our group (i know this is our C team). Great build up play spoiled by a brutal defensive effort.
This is my expectation. Even as good as our attack is, it will be second best in at least two of those games. Which is bad news.

The defending from Waterman was bad. in his defence though, he barely warmed up and this is his international debut. Lots going on for him today.
Yup. I think it's fine to call out the poor play, but that has to come with the context you just provided.

Even with our top guys in there, it's going to be rough. Not against Bahrain mind you.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
No sugarcoating this...it truly is a shitty result even if it's our B/C squad. Really hope our country can develop CBs. Just some ugly depth there.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Defense is concerning, without a doubt.

Looking forward to seeing the full squad together. Unfortunately the majority of the reinforcements are not CB's...

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Defense is concerning, without a doubt.

Looking forward to seeing the full squad together. Unfortunately the majority of the reinforcements are not CB's...

The "if we can hold Croatia or Belgium to a draw" posts I see on reddit and Twitter look silly.

This team is not going to dominate the midfield and will be thoroughly outpossessed. The fact that the CBs are going to be called upon to defend De Bryune, Lukaku, Hazard...lol

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
If I'm really being objective after today's performance and given our current state.

Kaye and Waterman shouldn't be anywhere near the 26.

ZBG, McNaughton, Fraser in

It's insane how as soon as ZBG and L Mac came in, defensively we looked good and Waterman stopped playing so poorly. I'm thinking had they both started this game would've probably ended 4-0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad