Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Cry about me being a eurosnob all you want, the only MLS midfielders or forwards that should see any minutes at the tournament or perhaps even make the squad are Kone and Osorio. On defence they have no choice. For forwards especially you can't possibly pick Cavallini over any of the Euro-based players.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
No real surprises I don't think.

I would have preferred Corbeanu over Cavallini, but I knew that wouldn't happen.

2026 for Corbeanu it is.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Cry about me being a eurosnob all you want, the only MLS midfielders or forwards that should see any minutes at the tournament or perhaps even make the squad are Kone and Osorio. On defence they have no choice. For forwards especially you can't possibly pick Cavallini over any of the Euro-based players.
I mean the only other two are Kaye and Piette. Kaye makes complete sense with his versatility. Piette I think is mostly because who do you pick over him?

Now at forward, I can agree. Cavallini isn’t very good. I do think his role is just to come in and be a wrecking ball. In the 2014 World Cup, Wondo came on for USMNT for the last 15 minutes and his job was literally to just run around and pressure relentlessly. I think Cavallini could be used in a similar role. He should be literally last option though. Could be a chemistry thing too. I’m not too familiar with the inner workings of CanMNT but I know for the US, Roldan was picked because he’s versatile and everyone on the team loves him.

Toomuts

Jun 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Why is Canada the only country in the WC that doesn’t have a unique WC kit? I was holding out and would have bought all three home/away/third,
Guess I spend my $600 elsewhere. Soccer Canada is such a disappointment as this was such an opportunity

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Why is Canada the only country in the WC that doesn’t have a unique WC kit? I was holding out and would have bought all three home/away/third,
Guess I spend my $600 elsewhere. Soccer Canada is such a disappointment as this was such an opportunity
It's been long reported that there would no updated jerseys. We knew this was coming months ago, it's on Nike.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
He's getting the best possible treatment in Germany. We know he won't be playing in the Japan warm up.

I just think they're being overly cautious. They want to limit the chance of re-injury. It's not ideal, but it is what it is. I think he'll be good to go for the opening match.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tuggy

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I think we see him involved against Belgium. Likely as a super sub to get some minutes under his belt.

Reactions: Tuggy

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
So pay a month for TSN or get a VPN (and which one) for UK or US streams?

I plan to watch mainly on replays so wanna be able to skip half-time stoppages and stuff and also don't want spoilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad