Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
With Herdman's yesterday comments on Doneil, very fair to say that he's gonna be a starter. I understand he isn't the most popular player but we need to match Lukaku's physicality and he's the only one who can do it. He can sit the other games I don't mind. Lukaku is IMO the hardest striker to guard after Haaland.

In the beginning of the year, I assigned the ask of guarding Lukaku to Kamal Miller but I don't think he can handle it. Maybe he can but considering it's opening game best that Doneil pulls the same hit he did on Lozano

I trust Eustaquio enough to neutralize or disrupt KdB.

Great news... what is Quebec City, Laval or Longueuil waiting for?

The province of Quebec not being represented in the CPL is beyond pathetic.

I don't think it's anyone's fault but one person making it more difficult.... I'll let you guess. Could EASILY have a great Laval/Longueil- Quebec City rivalry. Alex Bunbury had a very interesting Laval project and overnight it just disappeared.

It's absolutely not normal that BC has at least 5 ? professional soccer teams while in Quebec as big as it is there's only one. Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Lukaku's physicality and he's the only one who can do it. He can sit the other games I don't mind. Lukaku is IMO the hardest striker to guard after Haaland.
Sounds like Lukaku's injury is not as bad as initially thought. He is likely questionable for the start of WC though.

Reactions: JunglePete

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I'm gonna be sick. Davies injures hamstring and taken off.

What I don't understand is why Davies play so intensely when the WC is so near. You're playing Hertha, just by walking you win the game. It's something he would need to manage if he wants a long career. But I digress as this post below is still valid

Knock on wood but should Davies miss the WC, I am not worried one bit. We played so many qualifiers without him and we looked damn good. Matter of fact, we looked more organized when he wasnt playing because we knew we couldnt rely on him.

Obviously you want him there at all cost but Im not worried. We have immense mental strenght. Raheem Edwards whos been playing superbly can cover for Ade. Jo David will need to be a leader though. I do believe Phonzie will be there, maybe not starting all the games.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What I don't understand is why Davies play so intensely when the WC is so near. You're playing Hertha, just by walking you win the game. It's something he would need to manage if he wants a long career. But I digress as this post below is still valid

...it was a 3-2 game in which Hertha had just had a goal disallowed by the VAR...

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
I fricken knew it. I've been checking Bayern results worriedly for a few weeks and I started watching about half 20 minutes into today's match, and figured he'd get injured the minute I started watching. It didn't happen right away but eventually...

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
...it was a 3-2 game in which Hertha had just had a goal disallowed by the VAR...
I know I was watching the game. Mane and Gnarby looked like they wanted no parts of it. Like f*** Hertha I ain't risking shit here

It's 4D chess by Johnny Boy to destabilize Belgium:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad