Calling out Ovi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Garbage game from him. Only 2 SOGs from him. Though if they want to win at least a game, they need the entire first line to step up big time. Especially Ovie. Vegas neutralized him effectively.

Lawd Stanley

Apr 10, 2017
The Great White North
Was there a camera around when he did that.

I hate to break anyone's heart but the Great 8 is not a nice guy when the camera is not around him.

Gretzky is very similar and only plays a nice guy when the camera is on him
You need some people to corroborate this then since it’s never on camera. Otherwise it’s conjecture.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
You need some people to corroborate this then since it’s never on camera. Otherwise it’s conjecture.

With Gretzky at least, it's kind of well known in hockey circles. You can't hide your natural tendencies when you've been in the public eye for about four decades. Still, he's nothing compared to the outright criminals that seem to be prevalent in other sports.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
crisby. I like that.
I've been a fan of Ovi since day one. Well, I was. I remember by the time he played against Montreal in 2010 playoffs, I didn't like him as much. (Ice in the face of a kid carrying the Canadiens flag.... )
After a few not so great years and adjusting his style, he was able to still hit 50 goals but wouldn't skate and hit as much.
I really like him now, I liked him game since Trotz came in Washington.
He also lost weight this (last) off-season and seems to be playing more of a team game (he has not choice, he can't do it all anymore...)
So, really... about calling out Ovi. All I want to say is, if anyone expects "THIS" Ovi, from the video below.. that was the "goold old" Ovi. The SUPERSTAR! Now, he's a Star player, among the other ones.
Sad but true.

Man, if he could still skate like that.. :eek:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
You make it sound like those aren't 2 of the 3 or 4 most important aspects of the game. But based on your other posts, your lack of objectivity is obvious when it comes to OV.
I like Ovi, actually. I just think he is two dimensional.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
I like Ovi, actually. I just think he is two dimensional.
You might be confusing him with this:

4900-30003.jpg

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
It tends to happen when you're a sniper. Lots of secondary goals off his rebounds.

Find me a nicer assist than this one this year in the playoffs

I have met both Ovechkin and Gretzky multiple times and they are both complete *******s.

This is the truth and any fan that has met them in public knows this.
This is not a well kept secret that they both hate fans.

Not even close to being true, seems like you have an axe to grind.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Still think he needs to be more assertive. Takes way too many of his shots from that circle and hangs out there too much when he doesn't have the puck. Yes, he's great from there but there are other ways to put the puck in the net when you're his size and have his puck skills. One timing from that circle should be a part of his weaponry, but not the huge part it is now imo.

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC
One game and we're back to making up stuff about how much of an asshole Ovechkin is and how he's choking? Well, at least this place is consistent.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
One game and we're back to making up stuff about how much of an ******* Ovechkin is and how he's choking? Well, at least this place is consistent.
Conn Smythe or he's choked...Stanley Cup alone isn't enough anymore...

In fact this will soon become the new standard...HFBoards will soon realize it's not just 30 teams have choked and one left standing...the vast majority on the Cup winning teams have been choking as well

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC
Conn Smythe or he's choked...Stanley Cup alone isn't enough anymore...

In fact this will soon become the new standard...HFBoards will soon realize it's not just 30 teams have choked and one left standing...the vast majority on the Cup winning teams have been choking as well
:sarcasm:?

The lengths some people go to, I swear.

Edit: Are re-reading and checking a couple more of your posts in the thread, I am glad it was, actually, sarcasm. Was a quick post on my behalf due to some stuff going on in the background.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad