Calling out Ovi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
Unless you're with your kid and the situation seems propice to this I never understood people who would randomly go talk to famous people.My hats off to guys like Crosby or anyone else who are so patient with so many people.I would go nuts and avoid public places at all cost if people started to come talk to me.I hate small talk, and this looks like small talk hell.

I would organize schedules so I could see kids and sign autographs, but otherwise I'd want to be left alone, and I leave people alone.

Even worse is that some people would call you a jerk or a terrible human being for not wanting to deal with that. People hold celebrities to unrealistic standards.

Reactions: Sentinel

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC
Anyone that blows off kids is not cool in my book.

Half the people that stick up for players like this have not even met any superstar players in the NHL.
lofl and smh.

If kids are being raised with the expectation that someone other than their guardian(s) needs to be available for them at all times in all situations, then that's a fairly unrealistic upbringing. There's one of that player, there are hundreds of thousands (maybe millions) of children that are hockey fans.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
Since Ovi isn’t under performing I guess this thread had to find a new way to **** on him. And who the **** cares if he was nice or not to a random HF-board member. If it even ever happened...

pezpunk

May 3, 2013
You were not there.

If you met Ovechkin before you would know that he is awful to fans and treats them like garbage.

some BS autograph hound that isn't even a fan of the Caps get "snubbed" and holds a grudge forever. big friggin deal. Ovie's generosity and devotion to both fans and good causes is well known. your prolific number of posts to the contrary will not change that, thankfully.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It definitely happened and on multiple occasions.

I never once said said Ovechkin is not a good player.
He is a great player just not a great person.

Calling out Ovi however is the subject matter of the thread and i am am calling him out just not for his play on the ice which is usually fantastic.

Since Ovi isn’t under performing I guess this thread had to find a new way to **** on him. And who the **** cares if he was nice or not to a random HF-board member. If it even ever happened...

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Well, this tntkid seems to be on a mission here. Hopefully Ovie signs your stuff next time around when walking his way to the team bus after a game in WPG. I wouldnt really call that ”meeting a player” myself though.

Laine appearantly has signed something for you, a Jets fan, in Winnipeg, though. Great. Love that guy aswell.

Ovies reaction on Holtbys save and all game long was priceless :) dude looks like a fan when his sitting on the bench. Other guys need to help him get over his emotions on the bench, and then he steps on the ice and scores a goal, or puts his effort for the D, deliver some good hits. Great stuff. Win it!

pezpunk

May 3, 2013
sorry your ebay balance suffered, tntkid. Ovie definitely should have been more considerate of that.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
I'm really not sure what this thread is about at this point, but: why does Ovi look 54? Nobody who takes care of themselves looks that much older than their age. Unless side effects.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
It definitely happened and on multiple occasions.

I never once said said Ovechkin is not a good player.
He is a great player just not a great person.

Calling out Ovi however is the subject matter of the thread and i am am calling him out just not for his play on the ice which is usually fantastic.

hope this doesn't turn into the hockey player version of "Stan". Come on Ovi, sign his stuff.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I'm really not sure what this thread is about at this point, but: why does Ovi look 54? Nobody who takes care of themselves looks that much older than their age. Unless side effects.
The missing teeth don't help

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Was there a camera around when he did that.

I hate to break anyone's heart but the Great 8 is not a nice guy when the camera is not around him.

Gretzky is very similar and only plays a nice guy when the camera is on him

How do you know this stuff?

Reactions: saffronleaf

SavedByRoy

Bite the noose
Feb 17, 2006
Fort Myers
I have a feeling if Ovi has 6 points with 5 goals in 7 games this series including a couple game winners, the crazy narrative some people will push will somehow be "Ovi Chokes in Finals, can't even pull a PPG. Always been a small player in big games!" Sheesh :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad