Calling out Ovi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He is usually rude to all fans and most people that have had the opportunity to meet him in person know this.
I have seen him even be rude to children that try to talk to him.

I respect Ovechkin as a player because he is one of the best players in the NHL but I have no respect for him as a person.

He's so rude to fans that he will go to gas stations to buy random people gas before snow storms and clears his neighbors' driveways. How inconsiderate.

Reactions: Plural

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Was there a camera around when he did that.

I hate to break anyone's heart but the Great 8 is not a nice guy when the camera is not around him.

Gretzky is very similar and only plays a nice guy when the camera is on him

He's so rude to fans that he will go to gas stations to buy random people gas before snow storms and clears his neighbors' driveways. How inconsiderate.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010

You can find the same stories for Sean Avery. Must be a great guy, all the bad stories must be fake

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006

I hate to break anyone's heart but the Great 8 is not a nice guy when the camera is not around him.

Can you IMAGINE how exhausting it must be to be Wayne Gretzky?

Basically.. you're probably the only hockey name everyone around the world knows. You're a living legend.

People must be pestering him all the time for his time, autographs, or whatever.
If he's a jerk, then he's somewhat right. I'd do the same if I were in his shoes, only, I'd make sure the word is spread around so people leave me alone.

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015

Ovie has always been well known around his neighborhood for hanging out with the kids and playing street hockey and video games with them. Don't be that guy, he's always been an incredible role model in the community

Reactions: Nprox and Sentinel

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Can you IMAGINE how exhausting it must be to be Wayne Gretzky?

Basically.. you're probably the only hockey name everyone around the world knows. You're a living legend.

People must be pestering him all the time for his time, autographs, or whatever.
If he's a jerk, then he's somewhat right. I'd do the same if I were in his shoes, only, I'd make sure the word is spread around so people leave me alone.
How does Sid remain so nice tho?

Praetorian Caps

May 15, 2018
His job is to be on the ice not to interact with others. Poor interaction skills with others doesn't make someone rude or a bad person unless he did/said something specific to you. He's also Russian. English isn't his first language and America isn't his home culture. Did you meet any other Caps or Russian players like Kuzy?

That' the biggest thing. Something that is not a big deal or even customary in one country can be a slight in another. Certain behaviors that are a part of your personality and upbringing aren't going to change with a snap of the finger.

Besides winning cures all. If he helps bring the Stanley Cup to DC his "rudeness," whether real or perceived, will be an afterthought. The only thing people will care about is the hardware.

Reactions: illpucks

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

Not true, Gretzky is a really nice guy and a genuine person. Long story short: my dad worked in the NHL for years as an equipment manager and other gigs in locker rooms. Some guys treated him... no so well. Gretzky was super nice to him and to me the few times I met him. He had no reason to be so nice, it got him nothing. And this is over the course of 15 years, so it's not like, "Oh, he was a nice guy one time." It was consistent.

Reactions: Fixxer

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Gretzky is a huge jerk and he treats most people like garbage that do not work within the nhl or relate to any business he may be involved with.

Regular people and fans are garbage to him especially when the camera is not around to catch him.

Not true, Gretzky is a really nice guy and a genuine person. Long story short: my dad worked in the NHL for years as an equipment manager and other gigs in locker rooms. Some guys treated him... no so well. Gretzky was super nice to him and to me the few times I met him. He had no reason to be so nice, it got him nothing. And this is over the course of 15 years, so it's not like, "Oh, he was a nice guy one time." It was consistent.

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Gretzky is a huge jerk and he treats most people like garbage that do not work within the nhl or relate to any business he may be involved with.

Regular people and fans are garbage to him especially when the camera is not around to catch him.

I mean, I disagree as hard as possible. It's hard to say what someone does or is like all the time (who doesn't have bad moments?) but I guess you have your reasons for viewing him this way.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I have met Gretzky multiple times and he is never nice.

Wayne is awful in person and his dad Walter is the exact opposite and nicest person you could ever meet.

I mean, I disagree as hard as possible. It's hard to say what someone does or is like all the time (who doesn't have bad moments?) but I guess you have your reasons for viewing him this way.

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I have met Gretzky multiple times and he is never nice.

Wayne is awful in person and his dad Walter is the exact opposite and nicest person you could ever meet.

OK. I've met him multiple times and he was great, but I am done derailing the thread. We each have our own views I guess.

I am predicting Ovi gets 1g 1a next game.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I have met both Ovechkin and Gretzky multiple times and they are both complete assholes.

This is the truth and any fan that has met them in public knows this.
This is not a well kept secret that they both hate fans.

You said the same thing about meeting Ovi multiple times. I am sure both are true.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
If true (by the way people talk about him) McDavid should have 2 Cups by now.

The problem was never and will probably never be Ovie. He's the franchise player and a generational talent. The problem will always be his supporting cast.

The Penguins understood that the supporting cast is as big of a part as your franchise players. In 2013, the Pens were the absolute favorites to win the cup, went out and made all those all-in trades, and we got swept by Boston. We simply had a team of individuals. Know how many players are on the team now that were then? 3. Crosby, Malkin, Letang. We kept our franchise players and cleaned house of the rest, and now we're in a position to threepeat.

The Capitals, however, just keep building a team of and keeping... well... losers. How is Brooks Orpik on a contending team in 2018? He was done when his contract was up with us.

Ovi is a generational shooter and hitter. I see no other dimensions to his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad