C/W Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Ässät, Liiga (2018, 3rd, MTL) Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He looks good but wow he is skinny. Once he adds a little more size he is gonna be a real force at this level and considering how good he already looks that's impressive. Already looks pretty comfortable out there

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Realistically, what's the upside to this kid? Preferably not from a Habs fan POV :laugh:

Haha, I’m a Habs fan but at his peak, I think he scores 70/75 pts & a minimum of 50 pts/year (well, not this year but I’d be thrilled).

A mini Kopitar

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Nice debut for Kotka, picked up an assist and looked very comfortable out there.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I don't think he needs to add size. Strength, yes.

Yeah his size is fine, he doesnt look small or out of place. Strength is a different story. Hes good enough to stay up. But who knows, doesnt have much to play with in Montreal. He wont light the world on fire this year. Heck, might not even next year. But this kid is proving that he was the 3rd overall pick for a reason.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
I liked his game. Very impressed with his poise, he looked jittery at first but he settled in quickly. That play where he held the puck RIGHT at the blueline was crazy good. He’s got ice in his veins.

Reactions: ottawa

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
His skating has improved a ton compared to the last season, very impressed by him. The Habs struck gold by picking him, he would be draft eligible in the next year if he was a couple of months younger.

Brownies

I really need to dig those posts I made before the draft where I did not understand why people said he was less ready for the NHL than the other top ranked forwards. Guy just looked like a stud in the videos avalaible and really looked like an NHL players. I think too often people only repeat what they’ve read about a guy.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I really need to dig those posts I made before the draft where I did not understand why people said he was less ready for the NHL than the other top ranked forwards. Guy just looked like a stud in the videos avalaible and really looked like an NHL players. I think almost always people only repeat what they’ve read about a guy.
Fix'd for you. There are many experts on these boards who've never seen these kids play.

Reactions: Grabner and Mrb1p

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
total 6'3 beanpole. turned 18 a month ago lol.
going to be an elite passer and puck handler for the habs.
already their best C.
but has a ways to go obviously

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Yeah his size is fine, he doesnt look small or out of place. Strength is a different story. Hes good enough to stay up. But who knows, doesnt have much to play with in Montreal. He wont light the world on fire this year. Heck, might not even next year. But this kid is proving that he was the 3rd overall pick for a reason.
what r stalking about? habs are fine on the wings..
issue is on D and who's behind #15 at C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad