C/W Gabe Perreault - Boston College, NCAA (2023, 23rd, NYR)

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
We're going to get left-handed Panarin onto the NHL team right as right-handed is ending his contract or is traded.

As long as we don't find a way to stunt his growth like Kakko and Lafreniere, we'll be cooking.
it would be insane if he is anywhere close to as productive as Panarin. what a great pick at that spot. i really wanted moore who will be good too but happy he was taken now.

Was really hoping to take Perrault instead of Moore at 19. Felt like the skating concerns were so overblown.
Funny I was the opposite because of the lack of team speed on the Rangers. Perrault feeding Bedard would have been something to see for sure.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Still one of the more baffling things I have seen on draft day, the fact that this kid slid to #23.
Teams don't like taking smaller, slighter players who aren't also A+ skaters.

but when a guy puts up that many points and no one disputes that he has amazing hockey IQ and work ethic, maybe it's worth taking a shot at when you're getting into the second half of the first round....

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

but when a guy puts up that many points and no one disputes that he has amazing hockey IQ and work ethic, maybe it's worth taking a shot at when you're getting into the second half of the first round....
5’11 isnt even really that small. Especially considering most players probably will grow another inch from when they are drafted.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
yeah that’s why I put in “slighter”

He’s not really short but if he was 150 at the start of his draft year (or maybe that was his D-1?) or whatever was claimed u can see teams being real wary. I think it was said he was up to at least 165 by the draft, maybe 170 by this season start
But I also should have been well known how hard he works to address the holes in his game as his USNDT coach was going in about his work ethic in those particular things

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020

Hell I had him ranked bottom half of the top 10 ahead of Reinbacher.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Now tied in 3rd in scoring in the NCAA. Will be heading to the WJCs soon so he’ll lose that nice spot on the leaderboard

Last edited:

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Now tied in 3rd in scoring in the NCAA. Will be heading to the WJCs soon so he’ll lose that nice spot on the leaderboard
He won’t miss any BC games besides an exhibition. Most schools take a good break on December. BC has adapted its schedule over the year to not be impacted by the WJC. He’ll have every opportunity to catch up in points during the 2nd half

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad