C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Call him up!!!

But make sure to do an ad and make it known to the fans that the phenom will be up. MTS Center will be packed for it!

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Call him up!!!

But make sure to do an ad and make it known to the fans that the phenom will be up. MTS Center will be packed for it!
He's already playing in the MTS Center (now named Canada Life Center), just not for the Jets. Seems like the Sharks are struggling with ticket sales too. Maybe you can come up with some promotions to help them?

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

hotcabbagesoup

Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
He's already playing in the MTS Center (now named Canada Life Center), just not for the Jets. Seems like the Sharks are struggling with ticket sales too. Maybe you can come up with some promotions to help them?

We always have a ton of promotions (Mexicans night, Dog night, Indigenous culture night,etc.), we just don't have the prospects like Lambert to call up haha

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I still don't know how this kid fell to 30.
Gotta hand it to you, you've been in his corner as long as I can remember and it's looking like you may have been right all along.

Lambert vs Wright would be kind of fun to revisit at this point, seeing as they were both the frontrunners for 1st overall early on.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
We always have a ton of promotions (Mexicans night, Dog night, Indigenous culture night,etc.), we just don't have the prospects like Lambert to call up haha
If they serve Mexican food on Mexican night then RIP my innards because I have no self control whatsoever with Mexican food

Whileee

May 29, 2010
His offensive skillset is very good. He has outstanding skating and puck control at speed, making him dangerous in transition and in the offensive zone with the puck.

What was unclear was whether he would progress in two areas: 1) determination and playing through physical encounters; 2) reading the game and vision. Those are the two areas that seem to have really improved over the past season and a bit. He is still slight and lacks physical strength, but he is not shy about playing in "hard" areas and absorbing hits to make plays. Also, he has improved in moving the puck quickly when that's the better play, and he's scanning the ice more when he has the puck, and finding teammates with passes after he's created space. Those are two keys to success at the NA pro level.

I would also say that his shot appears to have improved, at least in accuracy. He's starting to snipe goals around defenders, finding the edges / corners of the net.

With those developments, he's become a much more promising NHL prospect, who should now be firmly in the discussion for top-6 NHL potential.

One last point... the Jets are developing Lambert at C in the AHL. I'm not sure that's where he'll make it at the NHL level, but he doesn't look out of place there in the AHL, particularly showing good defense and transition in the D zone.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Gotta hand it to you, you've been in his corner as long as I can remember and it's looking like you may have been right all along.

Lambert vs Wright would be kind of fun to revisit at this point, seeing as they were both the frontrunners for 1st overall early on.
Well, although it's still early. Lambert is 14th overall in scoring, Wright is 130th. I fully expect that gap to close, but based on my viewings, Lambert looks better and has a much better chance of being a top-6 player.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

I still think Wright can be a pretty solid player, I had him at 5 and Lambert at 2 in my final 2022 rankings. They'd both fall a bit for me in a redraft, but mostly because so many of the top D from the draft have performed so well. Among 2022 forwards, I would probably still have Lambert in the top 2-4 range, with Wright in the 7-12 range.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
His offensive skillset is very good. He has outstanding skating and puck control at speed, making him dangerous in transition and in the offensive zone with the puck.

What was unclear was whether he would progress in two areas: 1) determination and playing through physical encounters; 2) reading the game and vision. Those are the two areas that seem to have really improved over the past season and a bit. He is still slight and lacks physical strength, but he is not shy about playing in "hard" areas and absorbing hits to make plays. Also, he has improved in moving the puck quickly when that's the better play, and he's scanning the ice more when he has the puck, and finding teammates with passes after he's created space. Those are two keys to success at the NA pro level.

I would also say that his shot appears to have improved, at least in accuracy. He's starting to snipe goals around defenders, finding the edges / corners of the net.

With those developments, he's become a much more promising NHL prospect, who should now be firmly in the discussion for top-6 NHL potential.

One last point... the Jets are developing Lambert at C in the AHL. I'm not sure that's where he'll make it at the NHL level, but he doesn't look out of place there in the AHL, particularly showing good defense and transition in the D zone.
I always saw a hard working player when I watched him, I never understood the questions around his work ethic or determination. His biggest "issue" was how prone he was to making mistakes, but his offensive vision has always been fantastic. Most teenagers with his skill set are going to make bad reads at times and give the puck away at inopportune moments. But I don't like dinging prospects for making those sorts of mistakes, especially for players who carry the puck as much as him.

Unsurprisingly, his decision making has gotten much better as he's matured his game. It's also helped that he's continued to mature physically, getting stronger on pucks and limiting his turnovers.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
It seems to me that the Jets have built up a nice little cupboard of youngsters.

Lambert and Chibrikov in the AHL
Salmonson and Rashevsky over seas, Mcgroarty in the NCAA, Barrlow and Divencitis in junior and Milic starting out in the ECHL.

Combine that group with youngsters like Perfetti, Samberg, Kupari, Vilardi and Heinola and the Jets may be interesting in the near future.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Same way Raty fell to the second round.

Year prior to his draft he was viewed as possible first overall. Scouts and fans then spent his entire draft year dissecting his game.
This is a stretch Raty just didn't developed all that much after his D-2 year, Lambert still did and is doing so.

Reactions: hn777

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
I always saw a hard working player when I watched him, I never understood the questions around his work ethic or determination. His biggest "issue" was how prone he was to making mistakes, but his offensive vision has always been fantastic. Most teenagers with his skill set are going to make bad reads at times and give the puck away at inopportune moments. But I don't like dinging prospects for making those sorts of mistakes, especially for players who carry the puck as much as him.

Unsurprisingly, his decision making has gotten much better as he's matured his game. It's also helped that he's continued to mature physically, getting stronger on pucks and limiting his turnovers.

Wasn't one of the big criticisms that his dad was the baggage? Or am I thinking about another prospect?

hotcabbagesoup

Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
If they serve Mexican food on Mexican night then RIP my innards because I have no self control whatsoever with Mexican food
  • Teal Arepa with shrimp, avocado, and mozzarella cheese
  • Cheesesteak with grilled onions, Pico de Gallo, cilantro, crema, and guacamole.
  • Crispy Birria
  • Mexican Pizza – Golden Blend Tortilla, red sauce, refried beans, beef, charred cheese, cotija, pico, crema, and cilantro.
  • Cocktail made with Milagro Tequila, pineapple juice, and Blue Curacao.
  • classic Margarita made with Milagro Tequila

Hungry yet?? :naughty::naughty:

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
  • Teal Arepa with shrimp, avocado, and mozzarella cheese
  • Cheesesteak with grilled onions, Pico de Gallo, cilantro, crema, and guacamole.
  • Crispy Birria
  • Mexican Pizza – Golden Blend Tortilla, red sauce, refried beans, beef, charred cheese, cotija, pico, crema, and cilantro.
  • Cocktail made with Milagro Tequila, pineapple juice, and Blue Curacao.
  • classic Margarita made with Milagro Tequila

Hungry yet?? :naughty::naughty:
f*** YOU SO VERY MUCH

damn it

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
It seems to me that the Jets have built up a nice little cupboard of youngsters.

Lambert and Chibrikov in the AHL
Salmonson and Rashevsky over seas, Mcgroarty in the NCAA, Barrlow and Divencitis in junior and Milic starting out in the ECHL.

Combine that group with youngsters like Perfetti, Samberg, Kupari, Vilardi and Heinola and the Jets may be interesting in the near future.

That's what was said like 6 years ago. Then nothing happened. I see the same thing happening again. They have good prospects and players but no great ones.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

The biggest reason has to be his (and dad’s) inability to be humble enough to make the right choice and go play junior hockey. Instead odd moves to try playing in the men’s league in Finland too soon, which stalled his development. The correct call would have been to transfer over after the rough first half of the 20-21 season. And at the latest at the end of said season. Instead they pushed for another broken season, low minutes and multiple teams.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

think eliteprospects was pretty high on him even pre-draft:

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
That's what was said like 6 years ago. Then nothing happened. I see the same thing happening again. They have good prospects and players but no great ones.
We will see I guess.

Maybe that just looks like a stocked cupboard to me because I'm a Bruins fan, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad