C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
How did Lambert play in second Memorial Cup game against Quebec? No points. 3 shots on goal. -2. 5/14 on faceoffs.
He played pretty well. The whole Seattle team looked sluggish, he was one of the only guys who was able to penetrate the remparts D.

Reactions: hn777

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
People may have been right about his IQ... he doesn't know what distinctive means

Question is at the 2:00 mark.

• Haha
Reactions: hn777 and slumpy43

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
People may have been right about his IQ... he doesn't know what distinctive means

Born in Finland, played almost all of his hockey in Finland, most likely spent most of his life in Finland. I know his dad is Canadian but I don't know enough about his family to say if Brad could be considered a native English speaker. If not, it would be unfair to bash him for a lack of English vocabulary.

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland

I think that is a language issue more than IQ issue

Reactions: BerthMania

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Born in Finland, played almost all of his hockey in Finland, most likely spent most of his life in Finland. I know his dad is Canadian but I don't know enough about his family to say if Brad could be considered a native English speaker. If not, it would be unfair to bash him for a lack of English vocabulary.

I think that is a language issue more than IQ issue

Yeah I was just being facetious (though I have to imagine he's as close to a native speaker as possible). It's not like hockey IQ and intelligence are all that related. Johnny Gaudreau's hockey IQ is off the charts and he could hardly spell his own name in his draft year lol.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He's been one of the only thunderbirds to create anything tonight, though that's more of a commentary on how bad Seattle has been.

Guenther has been as bad as I've ever seen.

Reactions: Realgud

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He's been one of the only thunderbirds to create anything tonight, though that's more of a commentary on how bad Seattle has been.

Guenther has been as bad as I've ever seen.

Could also be commentary on how well Quebec played tonight too. They took away time and space like they have done all season to everyone.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Strange prospect , reminded me a bit of Guriyanov tonight.

The tools are there 100% but Id be surprised if he ever puts up sustained production in the NHL.

Reactions: cheesymc

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Quebec was a wagon guys. He played a not so good game but so did the whole Seattle team. They laid a huge donut collectively, unfortunately for the championship game.

Quebec gave Seattle a beatdown, the Remparts are an amazing team in their own right. Lambert was a huge reason for Seattle winning that WHL title and them getting to the Memorial Cup final. I’d say it was still a successful campaign despite the bad game by Seattle today.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Remparts really impressed me with their total defense. I swear there was 6 skaters out there all the time. They attack the puck so much in their own zone.

There is no time or space, then they transition quickly which puts pressure on people to get back. It's not surprising the T'birds were getting frustrated late, it has to be so frustrating to play against. But it works.

Lambert in the WHL playoff games of his I watched looked excellent, particularly his ability to transition the puck with speed. Seattle was a different team without him in the lineup. I don't think tonight's game is indicative one way or another of how he will proceed as a pro, it's just walking into a great defensive team and being shut down.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Lambert is very good at getting zone entries but not very good when he has to actually do something in the offensive zone. Low hockey IQ plays in the offensive zone.
There was a play on the powerplay where Lambert had the puck just inside of the top of the right circle, where his teammate was at the goaline alongside the post, and he tried to do a soft saucer pass to the player down low outside the crease. It got broken up and cleared away, but maybe someone smarter than I can tell me how that play, even if it got through, makes any sense?

His transitions in the game were beautiful. Nobody could stop him in the neutral zone, and he loves to chip the puck one way, and go around the D the other, cool to watch.

Really hope he’s not Roslovic 2.0..

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Remparts really impressed me with their total defense. I swear there was 6 skaters out there all the time. They attack the puck so much in their own zone.
Remparts are an extremely well coached team. Seattle was not able to do anything tonight. Lambert showed some life here and there but Guenther was awful. Usually they are an unreal duo.

Quebec deserved the win tonight. They shut down Seattle like I have never seen before my god

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
I don't think tonight's game is indicative one way or another of how he will proceed as a pro, it's just walking into a great defensive team and being shut down.
Lambert struggles against good defensive teams all the time. Can't score in Liiga, AHL or WJC. Only 3 points in 5 games in Memorial Cup. This game was very typical of Lambert.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad