C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
Not everyone lacks the courage of conviction to have an affirmative opinion about a player before they fully mature. His talent is obvious.
His talent has always been obvious. It will still be an interesting case study on if he can translate his talents to NHL to be an impact forward. All depends on if his head can keep up. His hands / skill certainly can.

I for one, was always believer of him and still kinda are, more hopeful now though.

Last edited:

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
People should probably wait how well Lambert does in AHL before hyping him too much. I'll believe Lambert is good when he can score outside of junior leagues, which is something that he hasn't done yet.
I think I asked you what would be a good scoring average in whl (just after the draft). I can’t find the post but I believe you said around 2 ppg (which I thought was a little high for a draft + 1 year).

Overall there are some valid concerns but you have to agree that if there was a redraft he would go higher than 30 now.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
But isn't his father a problem - jumping from team to team. NHL teams may have factored that as well as hockey sense into their rating.

His father clearly isn’t a problem, he is living with his father in Seattle. His hockey sense is fantastic, he plays a well rounded game with great instincts and anticipation

People should probably wait how well Lambert does in AHL before hyping him too much. I'll believe Lambert is good when he can score outside of junior leagues, which is something that he hasn't done yet.

This makes zero sense. He is playing with his peers and clearly excelling, why is he held to a higher standard compared to others in his peer group (that were drafted in the 1st round). Definitely feels like a massive hate b*ner from some fans against this guy

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
I think I asked you what would be a good scoring average in whl (just after the draft). I can’t find the post but I believe you said around 2 ppg (which I thought was a little high for a draft + 1 year).

Overall there are some valid concerns but you have to agree that if there was a redraft he would go higher than 30 now.

2 PPG is a little high? That’s outlandish high barometer set by someone with a clear dislike for the kid because of ‘reasons’

Just checked, only four players have done it in the past 10 years in the WHL, 2 of them this year.

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
2 PPG is a little high? That’s outlandish high barometer set by someone with a clear dislike for the kid because of ‘reasons’

Just checked, only four players have done it in the past 10 years in the WHL, 2 of them this year.
I can’t find it when I search. But how does Bedards point total compare to draft eligible CHLs. And Lamberts draft +1 year compare (I know Lambert was outpacing some picked before him.

I know this stat isn’t the end all be all but still impressive

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
I can’t find it when I search. But how does Bedards point total compare to draft eligible CHLs. And Lamberts draft +1 year compare (I know Lambert was outpacing some picked before him.

I know this stat isn’t the end all be all but still impressive

Top 5 PPG average in past 10 years

1. Bedard 2.51 22-23
2. Heponiemi 2.07 17-18
3. Stankoven 2.02 22-23
4. Oliver Bjorkstrand 2.0 14-15
5. Sam Steel 1.99 16-17

Lambert this year was 1.46 PPG ranked 8th in PPG average

Jukurit

May 16, 2022

I have never said that. You have confused me with someone else.

Yes, he would go higher in redraft no doubt. I think he should've been drafted higher. I predicted before draft he would go 10-20 range.

Last edited:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Why not? The pendulum never should have swung that negative in the first place. The fact that it did tells me there are still a lot of "hockey people" who don't understand what to look for when evaluating prospects.
I agree that the negativity was way too over the top. Especially for someone just drafted.

I just mean that sometimes here on HF there can sometimes only be two options for a player. He's either a beast, or he sucks. When in reality, we know that's not really the case, and players fall everywhere on that spectrum.

I think Lambert's development has been pretty solid in his D+1. He looked good in Jets training camp and at the beginning of the AHL season before getting Covid. Didn't have the greatest World Juniors but has really taken off in the WHL. So I just want to keep looking at each step as they come. Next step I'll be interested in watching is how he can translate his recent success into consistent good play in the AHL.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
I think he would be picked right around #20-#23 right now. No one in the Top 10 is not getting reselected by their teams just one year after the draft.

From 11-20:
11 Conor Geekie - Good year, Lambert not being selected over
12 Denton Mateychuk - Good year, Lambert not being selected over
13 Frank Nazar - Injured most of the year, but was top 10 talent without injuries. Chicago hangs onto him
14 Rutger McGroarty - Good year, Lambert not being selected over
15 Jonathan Lekkerimaki - Up and down year, but really turned it on in the playoffs. Kind of similar to Lambert. Maybe they go Lambert instead
16 Noah Ostlund - Good year, Lambert not being selected over
17 Joakim Kemell - Good year, Lambert not being selected over
18 Lian Bichsel - Good year, Lambert not being selected over
19 Liam Ohgren - Very good playoffs
20 Ivan Miroshnichenko - Rough year, could see Lambert here

So if only 1-3 guys are going out of the top 20, and then you have players like Kulich and Snuggerud from 21-30, I expect Lambert to climb up a bit, but not to top 15 type pick in a redraft.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
I think he would be picked right around #20-#23 right now. No one in the Top 10 is not getting reselected by their teams just one year after the draft.

From 11-20:
13 Frank Nazar - Injured most of the year, but was top 10 talent without injuries. Chicago hangs onto him
15 Jonathan Lekkerimaki - Up and down year, but really turned it on in the playoffs. Kind of similar to Lambert. Maybe they go Lambert instead

So if only 1-3 guys are going out of the top 20, and then you have players like Kulich and Snuggerud from 21-30, I expect Lambert to climb up a bit, but not to top 15 type pick in a redraft.
There are also risers as well who might push Lambert down, like Kulich or Hutson.

Reactions: Eegs

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

From 11-20:

Eh, I said pre-draft I'd be happy with him at 14. I'd still have him over Rutger as the best Jets prospect, especially with him back as a C now.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015

From 11-20:

I honestly don't see anyone in that list as being automatically ahead of Lambert in a re-draft.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

From 11-20:

Did you watch the WHL final? Lambert is clearly on a different level than Geekie, who had a pretty disappointing season vs expectations.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle

From 11-20:

Connor Geekie is a fine player, but he was pretty much a non factor in the series against Seattle, Benson drove that boat (and he did it well)

Reactions: hn777

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
He played his worst game of the year today. He was responsible for one Petes goal and he gave up the puck several times...was fighting the puck all game.

Thankfully his team helped him out. Hopefully he has bounce back game.
Sounds like a typical Lambert Liiga game.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Kemell is easily better than Lambert. A lot better than Lambert in Liiga, AHL and WJCs.
So much better that Kemell had the same PPG in Liiga in his D+1 season as Lambert had in his D-1 season, and worse at U18’s.

Reactions: hn777

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
He played his worst game of the year today. He was responsible for one Petes goal and he gave up the puck several times...was fighting the puck all game.

Thankfully his team helped him out. Hopefully he has bounce back game.
I'd say it was Michael Simpson who helped him out:laugh:

...but yeah, Lambert was brutal. Even Craig Button noticed.

• Haha
Reactions: Bubbles

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
How did Lambert play in second Memorial Cup game against Quebec? No points. 3 shots on goal. -2. 5/14 on faceoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad