C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Im not surprised he's doing better playing more straight forward hockey in small rink. He's been a bit of a misfit in Finnish hockey

...But I really hope he doesnt make the team. Dont want to see 3rd season in row where he scores like 20 points. Send him to WHL and let him blow the roof of for change
I don’t know if he’d only get 20 points though. He’s a dangerous player and if he gets PP time, he could do okay.

He’s not going to the WHL. It’s AHL or NHL for sure.

Reactions: BoneDocUK

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I agree that there's no way he goes to the WHL now, he's made for professional hockey. He's making a statement, but give him the year on the Moose and let him whoop some ass. I was very nervous about this on draft day, but the raw talent, IQ and killer instincts are there. We can make him a hell of a player.

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
Still can't believe he fell to 30, such a joke.

Looks like a first overall pick out there.
Yes he looked very very good tonight. Just can’t see him going to the WHL.

Very Early and biased aside I’ve watched highlights and some games of the other first rounders that have played preseason and he is up there with best performances.

Was slightly below Perfetti today

Reactions: BoneDocUK and hn777

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
It looks like he could have had 2 or 3 goals tonight. Kid is fire.

If he goes to a Junior Team he will light the league up.

I think this is the best choice for his development.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I can't wait to see him on the Moose, his game is perfect for NA.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
I'm happy he's playing well, really rooting for Lambert since ge really deserves a bounceback the most out of all the prospects.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I'm happy he's playing well, really rooting for Lambert since ge really deserves a bounceback the most out of all the prospects.
Can you explain to me why he deserves it the most? Like, why?

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I don’t know if he’d only get 20 points though. He’s a dangerous player and if he gets PP time, he could do okay.

He’s not going to the WHL. It’s AHL or NHL for sure.
There was apparently and interview with the GM of Seattle Thunderbirds and he was specifically asked about Brad Lambert and his response was “We don’t expect Brad Lambert to be playing on our team this year” so looks like AHL at minimum. The kid with how he’s playing could get a 9 game audition in the show.

Reactions: hn777

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Biggest flaw with Lambert isn’t his iq, but his lack of capability to switch tempo/pace on his game. He was easily shut down in europe because of that. It was obvious in european style of game. In the NHL tempo is much higher and seems to fit him very well.

He still need to learn to pace his game. Think MacKinnon in his first years, obviously he was great at his rookie season, but his game didn’t improve couple years after that. Biggest problem was, he played in the same pace all the time and NHL teams figured him out after rookie season. He kept pushing play after play his head on the wall with similar plays, only utilizing his speed. MacKinnon is obviously more talented player, but i believe Lambert will have same problems eventually.

Last edited:

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Im not surprised he's doing better playing more straight forward hockey in small rink. He's been a bit of a misfit in Finnish hockey

...But I really hope he doesnt make the team. Dont want to see 3rd season in row where he scores like 20 points. Send him to WHL and let him blow the roof of for change
He's eligible for AHL, which would be a reasonable step for him to take.

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
Yes he looked very very good tonight. Just can’t see him going to the WHL.

Very Early and biased aside I’ve watched highlights and some games of the other first rounders that have played preseason and he is up there with best performances.

Was slightly below Perfetti today

Perfetti is a wizard. I feel like even suiting up with him makes players better...

I do think that Lambert can be a great complementary player with someone like Perfetti, whose vision is so next-level, allowing him to get to plays so quickly.

I've been very impressed with him -- he's been much better off the puck than I'd expected from (most) scouting reports, hounding puck carriers, disrupting plays and looking for takeaways. And on the puck he has some of that Ehlers-sque speed with tight puck control that is absolutely terrifying for D, since anything short of a perfect play means getting beat.

Def needs some work on positioning as the play transitions and some reps across the board against full teams playing their best players, and will be best served IMO by playing the rest of the preseason and then playing top-line minutes in the A, and coming up a bit later when he might stick for good.

But there's a ton to like about his play, and it's been a nice break from a hellish season and offseason for Jets fans -- nice to have some genuine excitement for a prospect.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
He's eligible for AHL, which would be a reasonable step for him to take.
The fact he’s eligible for the AHL makes things so much easier for Winnipeg. They have a lot of flexibility with Lambert. They can put him exactly where he needs to be. While Wright is caught in a no man’s land, all or nothing, WHL or NHL.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Checking out the buzz in this player Watching Lambert for the first time. He’s got wheels and certainly stands out with his speed. Looks like he’s got high ceiling and Jets got upside for this late 1st rounder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad