C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
I bet this kid pulls it together. I don’t see a future superstar but I see a top 6 offensive player for sure if he can get a little stronger and keep his head in the right place.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I know but I don't think they scored
I know it went off his skate but the scoring on tsn didn't show him with the assist. Hopefully they changed it
Like I said, it's on NHL.com' scoring
1664507588851.png

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I mean the issues people have seen (Ippenator included) are valid. We'll all be happy if makes a good NHL player/career sincr we have been just telling what we see.

He had bad last season and wasn't good at WJC either.

Only a positive if he proves doubters wrong.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I mean the issues people have seen (Ippenator included) are valid. We'll all be happy if makes a good NHL player/career sincr we have been just telling what we see.

He had bad last season and wasn't good at WJC either.

Only a positive if he proves doubters wrong.
Naah

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
His hockey IQ is not great. And of course he isn't a finished produxt so he will have things to learn and improve.
His IQ is actually a strength - he processes the game is at an elite pace. His decision making could improve, but when he's playing at the speed he's able to, and just reacting, he's a very good decision maker. Ironically, it's only when he has too much time and space that he tries to do too much.

His game was a terrible fit for big ice, low pace hockey. But it was taylor made for today's NHL.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
His IQ is actually a strength - he processes the game is at an elite pace. His decision making could improve, but when he's playing at the speed he's able to, and just reacting, he's a very good decision maker. Ironically, it's only when he has too much time and space that he tries to do too much.

His game was a terrible fit for big ice, low pace hockey. But it was taylor made for today's NHL.

I don't think this post is going to age very well.

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
80% of Lambert's demise is exhaggerated by a obsessed poster called Ippenator anyways, i still believe in Lambert and always believed in him.
I believe most of us in this thread at least want to believe him. I know I want to believe in him at least. So far he has been more promising in NHL ice, pace and away from his father/family than he was in Finland. His toolkit is just way too intriguing.

Still too early to tell how he will do but early sings are encouraging in NHL ice. Hopefully he and Räty can turn some heads this year and make some positive noise.

Last edited:

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Yee. I haven't liked his game, but maybe he figurss it out.

Some things like holding on to the puck too long, being selfish with it, and skating himself into troublesome areas are issues for sure, as well he sometimes blindly whips the puck into an area like Ehlers used to do a lot. But that can be coached.

For all the bad coaching Maurice did, coaching Ehlers to drive the net and become more of a shooter than dangle and skate around in the corners was one good thing, even if he never made use of him enough.

But the "he's low IQ, like really dumb, I'm impressed he can tie his own skates, he's probably going to need a lot of time in the CHL" narrative? Nah.

Last edited:
Reactions: snowkiddin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad