C Shane Wright - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2022, 4th, SEA) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Agreed he seemed nervous and you could feel his answered were all prepared so the delivery was a bit robotic. Wright Beniers may be one of the great 2way center duo for the next 15 years.
If his answers were prepared his team should have set up with an explanation of why he was not dominating last season.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
He's a 18-year-old kid. Assessing his personality as "off" and attributing him with mental health disorders based on some short videos is what's really off.

NHL teams hire psychologists to analyze the kids I don't see what's wrong with that at all lol. These are high end nhl prospects their mentality obviously matters a great deal.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Signs of ADHD lol? :P

What are those?
Reaching and maintaining a flow mode is easier for ADHD individuals in fast-paced sports, it's often easier for them than others to take risks at high speeds. For example Shaq couldn't score a FT to save his life but was always money when things heated up.

Reactions: thebus88

Bankers Box

Aug 26, 2009
Lol @ the irony of this sentence. Where did you get that 90% figure from?

Disclaimer: I am not defending the ADHD 'diagnosis' of the poster you replied to.
What do you mean where? It’s pretty obvious that it’s anecdotal from my time on social media.

Just like how we all know so much more than professional ice hockey coaches.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Reaching and maintaining a flow mode is easier for ADHD individuals in fast-paced sports, it's often easier for them than others to take risks at high speeds. For example Shaq couldn't score a FT to save his life but was always money when things heated up.
I'm not sure that makes sense. ADHD individuals struggle with task switching, they should generally do better in endurance sports where they can hyper-focus on a single task.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'm not sure that makes sense. ADHD individuals struggle with task switching, they should generally do better in endurance sports where they can hyper-focus on a single task.
This isn't true. Plenty of ADHD individuals can multitask, some can't, but some people without it suck at it too.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
With endurance sports the problem is the slow pace that is not enough to maintain the focus. Like Michael Phelps had incredible success in short distance competitions, but there are women faster than him at longer distances. In women's Olympic sports there's for example Simone Biles who has also broken records with ADHD. In team sports other than Shaq there are for example successful quarterbacks like Bradshaw or Dave Krieg who even wrote the book The ADHD Advantage about his condition (Krieg also held the NFL record for most fumbles at one point, though). In hockey Cammi Granato is one of the few HHoFers in the women's game. In baseball there's Pete Rose, somewhat infamously but with the many records nevertheless. Michael Jordan is also commonly believed to have the disorder, but to my knowledge he has never publicly acknowledged his diagnosis.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
1 thing I noticed is that is seems every interview I saw of Wright, every answer he gave seemed to be what he thought the people asking would want to hear.

The problem is that he never seemed to say the “right” thing, or in the “right” way.

IDK, if it’s “arrogance” or what, but, there’s also just something off how he expresses himself.

Reactions: 74 others

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Not necessarily. Even for a single task, it's hard to maintain motivation. If it's stimulating, good, but once your brain tells you it's boring, it's hard to turn it around.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Then why was it the MacKinnon vs Jones draft ? Hell most had Drouin ranked ahead Barkov. No one knew Barkov was going to be 100p Selke beast. All I’m saying is for that guy to tell us Wright is basically a 2C and that’s it, is ridiculous. Who knows what Wright becomes right now.
Lmao I know right people are so fast jumping the gun. The kid missed out an entire season and got going around Christmas and then was lights out. He’s still got work to do on some aspect of his game, like being more competitive and engaged, but he’s 18. He’s got time to work these things out. He will turn out just fine

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Lmao what has this thread become? Untrained people giving out their diagnosis left and right based on their interpretation of his play and interviews. Lol, how pathetic is that?

No doubt in my mind that Shane Wright will be a star player in the NHL.

Reactions: Dominance

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Lmao what has this thread become? Untrained people giving out their diagnosis left and right based on their interpretation of his play and interviews. Lol, how pathetic is that?

ffs, what do you expect on a hockey forum...this is not a medical journal review...and what is wrong with people spouting their own personal opinion? Seems to be the right place and right situation.

If you don't like people's opinion, I suggest stop reading, otherwise, enjoy it for what it is. Social media fanfare at it's finest.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
If his answers were prepared his team should have set up with an explanation of why he was not dominating last season.
They can't do that because no excuse will be credible enough and Wright would just look even worse if he tried harder. He already has struggled enough in interviews, no need to add an extra layer.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
ffs, what do you expect on a hockey forum...this is not a medical journal review...and what is wrong with people spouting their own personal opinion? Seems to be the right place and right situation.

If you don't like people's opinion, I suggest stop reading, otherwise, enjoy it for what it is. Social media fanfare at it's finest.
If you can't see that it's just weird to conclude that Wright might have x or y condition based on so little information, I don't know what to tell you.

This is not about disliking someone's opinion. When I don't like someone's opinion, I debate and argue with said person.

I do enjoy talking about hockey, hence my presence on this forum. I don't even know why you mention any social media fanfare.

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Verdun, Montréal

That's the thing, the thread is not about hockey anymore, more of a pseudo-intellectual psychology jerk-off

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada

Essentially everyone on here is untrained when it comes to hockey yet we criticize coaching and GM decisions all the time. Who cares

Reactions: thebus88

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Essentially everyone on here is untrained when it comes to hockey yet we criticize coaching and GM decisions all the time. Who cares
Yes but on a hockey forum, for hockey fans, that is to be expected. Its also a little less personal since they are hockey players/executives in a media driven industry, to critique or make comments about one's play or a GM's trades, etc. When people start spewing things like "oh this player has X condition" based off of some interviews its pretty arrogant, and also irrelevant to the discussion in this thread.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Something does seem a bit off with him but who knows. Some people just arent good infront of camera. Look at McDavid for example, worst interview in hockey pretty much.

Canadian kid. Center. Projected to go #1 for forever. Fact that 3 teams passed on him, I think is a red flag. He should of been a slam dunk. I know we can be hard on scouts but more times than not, they are right on risers and fallers.

Going fourth could be the best thing for Wright. Or could be for the worse. Its upto him now, to put the work in and make his mark. Will be interesting to see how he does.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1909 and thebus88

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
This ADHD diagnosis seems plausible, but I think my theory is actually better: Wright is an alien masquerading as a human. Or he's a top secret sentient robot built by Canada's goverment.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
I've had it!
It is absolutely amazing how we continue to pile on this kid. He plays hockey he isn't a f***ing murderer, he isn't a corrupt politician, a child molester or fraud stealing the life savings of senior citizens. Get off his back and choose to target the really evil people in our society and we will all be better off.
I've said my peace throw me off this f***ing board if you want.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I've had it!
It is absolutely amazing how we continue to pile on this kid. He plays hockey he isn't a f***ing murderer, he isn't a corrupt politician, a child molester or fraud stealing the life savings of senior citizens. Get off his back and choose to target the really evil people in our society and we will all be better off.
I've said my peace throw me off this f***ing board if you want.

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad