C Mitchell Marner - London Knights, OHL (2015 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPT*

Absolutely true. Just making the point he isn't someone you can outright dismiss either. He's one of the better forwards in the league (10th-15th range).
I agree. Arizona have a gem there!
I didn't mean it as disrespect, more just stating it's not like Marner is riding coattails for Max Domi, which is likely what those who don't tune in often would assume.

Dvorak is a good player. I think Marner is better and they work extremely well together.

----

With regards to S E P H's post, I have never come away thinking Marner is a floater, I actually find him to be a puck hound, both on the forecheck and back check.

I agree with the last part of your post. He's a lot like Bennett in the sense that he's a really hard worker at both ends of the ice

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
When it's so obvious you have never seen a prospect play or have a personal dislike for a players game try not to make it so obvious. Please post 1 of the 5 or 6 games you saw this. I will then post a link to all of his shifts for that game and let the fora decide who us right. Now be careful mud is hard to get off your face.

You have low reading comprehension do you?

One of the games was Erie vs London around late November to Decemeber-ish. He got a goal in the game and the game went into a shootout tied 2-2, but he looked invisible or as I said, uninterested when he doesn't have the puck. He looked slow in backchecking, floated, and just looked at offense the whole game.

Also concerning your post, why would you think I have a personal vendetta against him? And yeah, you are right, I haven't watch a lot of him this year that is why I was asking the freakin' questions to begin with. Dear God. :laugh:

Hyperboles all over the place.

New Jack City

Dec 28, 2011

One of the games was Erie vs London around late November to Decemeber-ish. He got a goal in the game and the game went into a shootout tied 2-2, but he looked invisible or as I said, uninterested when he doesn't have the puck. He looked slow in backchecking, floated, and just looked at offense the whole game.

Also concerning your post, why would you think I have a personal vendetta against him? And yeah, you are right, I haven't watch a lot of him this year that is why I was asking the freakin' questions to begin with. Dear God. :laugh:

you should watch Strome :laugh:

ZeroPT*

did you not see him make like 5 steals by hounding people and stick checking them? Or the 1v1 on the PP? or on the PP in the 1st with no stick, launching himself at the puck to block it? If he were a floater/disinterested none of that would've happened. Offensively he was poor tonight but his defensive effort and aggressiveness was as present as ever.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I have a question for people who have been able to watch Marner much more than I have. First off, I can't deny how great he has been offensively and a team drafting him will solely draft him because of this, but I have concerns. The games I have watched,

- I notice that he tends to float a lot.
- He never really back checks.
- He constantly cherry picks when the puck is in the defensive zone.
- His play away from the puck needs a ton of work, really bad.

I'm not trying to sound like a OHL expert here because I've only watch him like 5-6 times this year, but every time I watch him, he's had these problems every game. So are these legitimate issues to his game, or have I been viewing him during his "bad" games?

Ummm... Every time I've ever watched him ever he's exactly the opposite of all of that. So...I disagree exactly 100%. :dunno:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Agreed--it's not even close. It's not Marner's fault either.

Marner (& that whole line) probably scores at double the clip with Rupert at LW instead of Domi. Domi just isn't the best chemistry fit there. Everytime they experiment with it, production decreases.

The thing about Domi, particularly at this point in his OHL career, is he tends to use linemates as a supporting and secondary cast, which I think causes chemistry problems with someone else who is as (arguably more) skilled.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

As much as I pooh pooh the superiority of analytics over the eye test, its assessments like this that make me think the gung ho analytics guys have a point. Yeesh.

Knightnight

Mar 18, 2014
did you not see him make like 5 steals by hounding people and stick checking them? Or the 1v1 on the PP? or on the PP in the 1st with no stick, launching himself at the puck to block it? If he were a floater/disinterested none of that would've happened. Offensively he was poor tonight but his defensive effort and aggressiveness was as present as ever.

I can read you said 5 or 6 times. You bring up one game?? A game against the best team in the league. Where he still scored. But you have proved my point. You don't watch period. 2 goals tonight by London both off matters set up. A plus 1 with 6 goals against.

ZeroPT*

I can read you said 5 or 6 times. You bring up one game?? A game against the best team in the league. Where he still scored. But you have proved my point. You don't watch period. 2 goals tonight by London both off matters set up. A plus 1 with 6 goals against.

I haven't said anything negative... I'm actually complementing him.
Jesus some people need reading lessons.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ummm... Every time I've ever watched him ever he's exactly the opposite of all of that. So...I disagree exactly 100%. :dunno:
Exactly 100%, not more or less? :sarcasm: I appreciate the post rt.

As much as I pooh pooh the superiority of analytics over the eye test, its assessments like this that make me think the gung ho analytics guys have a point. Yeesh.
Really? So because I ask a question which might have a difference in opinion, I get a response about how analytics now prove how I am idiot...or in this sense, the questions I am asking are idiotic questions that should never be asked about Marner. Do you want more milk with your hyperbole cereal?

Buddy, you asked me personally to give you one game I watched and I answered.

I don't watch period? I said I do watch, but not enough to get an educated opinion on. Sadly people are too emotional on this board and find everything as a personal "attack" on their favourite player.

Oh man a +1 when the team allowed 6 goals, Patrice Bergeron must be shaking in his boots. Not only that, Pavel Datsyuk and Bob Gainey are wetting their pants for the world domination defensive force of Mitchell Marner.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Is this guy a center or a winger?

Currently and NHL projection?

Some places list him as a C and some as RW.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Is this guy a center or a winger?

Currently and NHL projection?

Some places list him as a C and some as RW.

Probably depends on who winds up with him and how much size he puts on. More than likely he winds up as a speedy RW scorer.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012

Really? So because I ask a question which might have a difference in opinion, I get a response about how analytics now prove how I am idiot...or in this sense, the questions I am asking are idiotic questions that should never be asked about Marner. Do you want more milk with your hyperbole cereal?

I don't watch period? I said I do watch, but not enough to get an educated opinion on. Sadly people are too emotional on this board and find everything as a personal "attack" on their favourite player.

Oh man a +1 when the team allowed 6 goals, Patrice Bergeron must be shaking in his boots. Not only that, Pavel Datsyuk and Bob Gainey are wetting their pants for the world domination defensive force of Mitchell Marner.

It's just that your description of Marner is the opposite of what he has been this season so a lot of people assumed you came here to troll.

I can't recall a two period stretch where his play can be described as lazy or disinterested let alone five or six games.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

Maybe 99. Haha. No less than 94. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad