C Mitchell Marner - London Knights, OHL (2015, 4th, TOR) IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Nobody rational is saying that. He's just the best player on that line by a good margin. But all 3 are elite.

Not by a good margin. No one that watches all their games would ever agree to that. In fact, I've only ever seen Leaf fans say that. Wonder why that is...

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
sULyn8.gif

Toying with the OHL at this point.

he did not just do that, omg...

91Kadri91*

Not by a good margin. No one that watches all their games would ever agree to that. In fact, I've only ever seen Leaf fans say that. Wonder why that is...

I've watched every Knights game this season, and I would certainly agree with that.

But I'm a Leafs fan, so my opinion is invalid... er sumthin'.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Marner demolished the Spits tonight. He was just ridiculous to watch out there. I can't wait to watch him in the NHL and I'm a Habs fan...incredibly jealous that the Leafs will be rolling with this guy and I can only hope he doesn't team up with Nylander

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
This kid is incredible. I think he can reach that Patrick Kane level type player. Leafs have some good ones.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Just finished watching tonights game, had it recorded.
That is one heck of a team. Every line created scoring opportunities and their(London) goaltender played excellent. Hard to believe they're the 6th ranked CHL team.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Marner demolished the Spits tonight. He was just ridiculous to watch out there. I can't wait to watch him in the NHL and I'm a Habs fan...incredibly jealous that the Leafs will be rolling with this guy and I can only hope he doesn't team up with Nylander

Don't worry, that's not who Babcock would play him with, this is what you can look forward to in the near future...

JVR - Stamkos - Marner
Kapanen - Matthews - Nylander

I kid, the Leafs would never have that sort of luck

Arian

Jun 30, 2008
Toronto
Yes i watched the game and yes Dvorak missed a few great chances. Hit the post twice. Don't recall him "whiff ing" on chances but whatever.

To be clear, are you saying Marner has NEVER blown a scoring chance?

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion based on his post :laugh:

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
At first I thought he did the spinorama off the boards to himself, then I saw the Knights player in the corner off screen. Still a gutsy impressive skill move. To play devils advocate, does he make that play at the NHL level? Will Babcock calm him down a little or is Marner just one of those special players that can pull off magic at any level. I would love to see that creativity at the NHL level.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Mitch Marner dazzles. I hope to say that 25 times per game at the upcoming World Juniors. Looking for Marner and Barzal to carry the mail for TC.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
At first I thought he did the spinorama off the boards to himself, then I saw the Knights player in the corner off screen. Still a gutsy impressive skill move. To play devils advocate, does he make that play at the NHL level? Will Babcock calm him down a little or is Marner just one of those special players that can pull off magic at any level. I would love to see that creativity at the NHL level.

huh? He did do the spinorama off the boards to himself, you can see the direction of the puck as it leaves it's stick, it's not going to the player in the corner, it's going towards the boards at an angle so it bounces back to him.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Mitch Marner dazzles. I hope to say that 25 times per game at the upcoming World Juniors. Looking for Marner and Barzal to carry the mail for TC.

I'm expecting Barzal to be the 3C, Strome(with Marner) and Point 1 and 2. Unless the put Barzal on wing on the top 2 lines.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I'm expecting Barzal to be the 3C, Strome(with Marner) and Point 1 and 2. Unless the put Barzal on wing on the top 2 lines.

I'm not expecting as much from Strome. I'm not a big fan. But I'm hoping I'm wrong. I see it playing out much like Sam Reinhart in 2014 in Malmo, not overly impressive. If I'm wrong, and Strome lights it up, then giddy up.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Can't quote earlier posts on my phone but I think comments were along the line of messed up, whiffed, if only his linemates could score, that sort of thing. It was also commented how it wasn't the first time. This was along with over the top comments on how Marner was too good for the league etc.

he kind of is too good for the league. If he were to play in the AHL right now he'd be at least close to a PPG IMO, he's putting up over 2 points per game right now. When people say things like "He's too good for the league I think a lot of them mean that he shouldn't be in junior next year which I totally agree with. After this season there is no point in him going back and doing the same thing again. He'd get bored and probably start doing stupid **** causing turnovers and making mistakes. I don't think he was even really trying last night, he was toying with Windsor, he had chances every single time he had the puck, he could've had 5 or 6 points if his line mates delivered.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
100% agree.

As a leaf fan I would agree with this. I have to be fair and say I haven't watched many knights games but Marner is the first possible star we have had in forever so I can understand the excitement.

That entire line is fantastic though, all three of them so it's kind of hard to say who's pulling who along. I think they are just all very good players and it's working for all 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad