C Mitchell Marner - London Knights, OHL (2015, 4th, TOR) IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Meh, scout 1 basically said he's still on the light side, and that he still plays a junior game. For the second aspect, I think spending time with the Leafs with Babcock as his HC would do him good next year, compared to spending another year with the Knights and doing the same things over again with Hunter as his coach

What scout 2 said is basically what I've been reading from scouting circles since his draft season. Not surprising at all, especially when you watch him play

sda

Feb 18, 2008
This was a good balanced article by Joyce. 2 scouts on opposite ends. I think the part that should scare Leafs fans was the Kadri comparison. Obviously if Marner becomes half as good as the Kane comparison. That would be a good thing for them.

Scout 1 lost credibility when he said Hunter kept Kadri under tight control. Kadri did whatever he wanted

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Fantastic prospect. 3 beautiful snipes tonight. Just wish there was a little less gushing over him and degrading his linemates as if they were talentless thugs holding him back.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Just wish there was a little less gushing over him and degrading his linemates as if they were talentless thugs holding him back.

Gotta love how pointing out how Marner is the best player on his line and that a linemate missed a few great set ups = calling them talentless thugs.

Marner will never be good in some people's eyes. Last year they said it was Domi carrying him, this year they're saying it's Dvorak carrying him.

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
Fantastic prospect. 3 beautiful snipes tonight. Just wish there was a little less gushing over him and degrading his linemates as if they were talentless thugs holding him back.

Well one of them wasn't even worthy of a first round pick (Like our supreme Leader Mitch Marner) and the other hasn't even been drafted (and will probably not be drafted at all). They probably have orders from the Leafs to play Marner with the worst possible teammates in order to see how he does when he's the only good player on his line. So far so good.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Well one of them wasn't even worthy of a first round pick (Like our supreme Leader Mitch Marner) and the other hasn't even been drafted (and will probably not be drafted at all). They probably have orders from the Leafs to play Marner with the worst possible teammates in order to see how he does when he's the only good player on his line. So far so good.

Well on the previous page it was mentioned how it was not the first game Dvorak blew a bunch of chances costing Marner points as if Marner has capitalized on every chance ever . Last I checked Dvorak had quite a few points.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Well on the previous page it was mentioned how it was not the first game Dvorak blew a bunch of chances costing Marner points as if Marner has capitalized on every chance ever . Last I checked Dvorak had quite a few points.

Did you watch the game tonight? When people were talking about Marner threading passes onto his linemate's tape and them whiffing on the chances...well, they're right. That happened tonight a few times.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Did you watch the game tonight? When people were talking about Marner threading passes onto his linemate's tape and them whiffing on the chances...well, they're right. That happened tonight a few times.

This right here. I don't get involved in Marner thread except for reading it since I don't get to watch Knights. Well tonight I did, and Marner could of easily had 3 assist had his line-mates finished.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Yes i watched the game and yes Dvorak missed a few great chances. Hit the post twice. Don't recall him "whiff ing" on chances but whatever.

To be clear, are you saying Marner has NEVER blown a scoring chance?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Yes i watched the game and yes Dvorak missed a few great chances. Hit the post twice. Don't recall him "whiff ing" on chances but whatever.

To be clear, are you saying Marner has NEVER blown a scoring chance?

to be clear are you insinuating that when someone says "hey Marner could have had an assist then but Dvorak missed" what they really mean is "Dvorak missed and thus is clearly inferior to Marner, man does he suck and Marner is a god because he never missed a scoring opportunity in his life"?

Come on man, dude said people said "Dvorak missed", that doesn't have anything to do with any insinuation that Marner hasn't missed.

Shwaguy*

Nobody rational is saying that. He's just the best player on that line by a good margin. But all 3 are elite.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Can't quote earlier posts on my phone but I think comments were along the line of messed up, whiffed, if only his linemates could score, that sort of thing. It was also commented how it wasn't the first time. This was along with over the top comments on how Marner was too good for the league etc.

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
Can't quote earlier posts on my phone but I think comments were along the line of messed up, whiffed, if only his linemates could score, that sort of thing. It was also commented how it wasn't the first time. This was along with over the top comments on how Marner was too good for the league etc.

Where was the talentless thugs quote?

Mar 12, 2009

So missing on chances = comparing them to talentless thugs. Ok then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad