C Mitchell Marner - London Knights, OHL (2015, 4th, TOR) IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyAndWings

Dec 18, 2006
Awesome, the 5th LDN goal's been corrected to correctly reflect Tkachuk as the goal scorer, with Marner and Mete getting the assists. Marner is now tied with Dvorak for the scoring lead in the OHL.

bobbyt 91*

thats funny. However Marner is just dominating jr right now. Like McDavid was last year. In fact I would say they were/are playing at a similar level. He looks better than Drouin, Mack, Ehlers etc all did in jr so here is hoping he can put on weight and continue this level into a star studded NHL career

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
:laugh: Ok I think we all know that's a couple of airheads who know nothing about hockey. No leafs fans actually think that

The lady on the left knows quite a bit about hockey.

The right one is probably the news anchor and trying to make conversation.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
:laugh: Ok I think we all know that's a couple of airheads who know nothing about hockey. No leafs fans actually think that

Yeah, and lets not forget Oilers fans with RNH.

All I heard on HFBoards for a year straight after he was drafted was "best vision since Gretzky."

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Oh boy.

I think the level headed hockey fans will understand that intelligent Leafs fans don't think Marner is Gretzky.

But then you'll have the trolls that will come in and paint the entire fanbase based off of this.

Fun.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Oh boy.

I think the level headed hockey fans will understand that intelligent Leafs fans don't think Marner is Gretzky.

But then you'll have the trolls that will come in and paint the entire fanbase based off of this.

Fun.

Overly defensive much? Nobody has said anything about Leaf fans thinking this is true.

I think the most anti-leaf fan and the biggest leaf homers can join together and laugh at these 2 comparing him to Gretzky.

Jackothy

Jun 10, 2009
I know the Jack Eichel hypejob makes it hard to consider....but I've watched a lot of Sabres game this Season. I see a very good young player in Jack Eichel. But I feel he's been severely overrated. He's not the "generational" talent we've been lead to believe. He's certainly more NHL ready than Strome or Marner but it's a marathon not a sprint. I'm not saying full blown Strome or Marner will be better than Eichel, but I truly believe it's closer than the majority on these boards will lead you to believe.

Call me out all you like but I feel Marner/Strome could potentially be as good as Eichel one day. I know it's a touchy subject around here, where Jack Eichel is regarded as a "Hockey God" but it's my opinion. "Facepalm" me all you want. We'll see.

I'm with ya, mate. It's a pretty unpopular opinion around here but you're not alone.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Its laughable that some of the poster's in this thread complain about Dvorak not finishing Marner's plays. The guy is basically the best goal scorer in the OHL. He's an elite finisher. If he can't finish one of Marner's plays, there's a good chance not many else would, so those specific Leaf fans shouldn't complain about it.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
It is pretty awesome to get to be so excited about some legitimate prospects for once as a Leaf fan.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Awesome, the 5th LDN goal's been corrected to correctly reflect Tkachuk as the goal scorer, with Marner and Mete getting the assists. Marner is now tied with Dvorak for the scoring lead in the OHL.

:laugh:

I've never seen so much controversy over a single point. It's both confusing and hysterical.

thats funny. However Marner is just dominating jr right now. Like McDavid was last year. In fact I would say they were/are playing at a similar level. He looks better than Drouin, Mack, Ehlers etc all did in jr so here is hoping he can put on weight and continue this level into a star studded NHL career

There are several others dominating equally as well. A ton of McDavids in the CHL this year. It's stupendous.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
:laugh:

I've never seen so much controversy over a single point. It's both confusing and hysterical.

There are several others dominating equally as well. A ton of McDavids in the CHL this year. It's stupendous.

Just passionate Leaf fans, we haven't had a whole lot to get excited about for a long time now.

Anyways, Marner extends his multi-point streak. Up to 7 games for him (Dvorak as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad