C Mitchell Marner - London Knights, OHL (2015, 4th, TOR) IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

figure

Nov 19, 2015
West Coast
of course it was. he's the coyotes fan who just bothered to post 'who cares?' in the mitch marner thread in response to discussion about an incorrectly attributed goal given to dvorak. his agenda is plain as day.

it's silly passive aggressive sarcasm complaining about the mitch marner thread having a focus on mitch marner rather than the knights as a whole.

My only point was directed at his comment alone, which could mean different things if looked at from different perspectives. Clearly in the context of him being a chronic moron posting negative things all the time wasting time in a thread, then yes he was very much being a passive aggressive tool.

Unfortunately for my powers of perception I don't pay attention to peoples names on here, let alone their patterns of posting lol.

My point still stands though, under a different context that specific post could of been seen a positive thing pretty easily.

Apologies for seeming argumentative tonight over some posts - obviously I am new to these boards and may be giving off a bitter first impression! Truly I don't mean to, just misunderstandings.

Edit: Lets get things back on track here! Marner with a 5 point night and tied for the lead OHL scoring, back to back hat tricks every goal of which was boarder line highlight worthy. 5 goals were bar down or off the post and in - even the back hand - and the last goal was just incredible patience, vision, and IQ to swing around the traffic and toss it into an open net.

Marner is insanely efficient, his ability to make quick plays and put the puck where it needs to be over and over again, whether its a pass for a player to put home a goal on an open net, or his ability to pick his spots while shooting. His consistency is just insane, and save for maybe 1 goal tonight - all of his plays aren't overly dazzling, just simple left right moves and precise passes and shots via his insane vision. People who claim his play wont translate well into the NHL aren't seeing it for what is, simple brutal efficiency, exactly what excels at the NHL level.

The hype train is real and I am fully aboard.

Last edited:

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
What's the difference?

:laugh::laugh:

giphy.gif

HockeyAndWings

Dec 18, 2006
https://streamable.com/mnwj Here is the play courtesy of XERODAY from reddit. Clearly Marner has the assist on the play, its not even debatable, they'll have it fixed soon.

The London goal at the end of the 2nd period in the LDN and OTT game still hasn't been corrected on the OHL site. The goal should be given to Trachuk, and assisted by Mete and Marner. Dvorak wasn't even involved in the play.

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
They'll correct it. OHL box scores are frequently inaccurate during games and differ from what's announced at the arena. They're always subsequently corrected. Who knows if it's a database issue or the person inputting numbers is on crack.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
They'll correct it. OHL box scores are frequently inaccurate during games and differ from what's announced at the arena. They're always subsequently corrected. Who knows if it's a database issue or the person inputting numbers is on crack.

I didn't catch the game and I'm a little confused.

He had 3G and 1A and there is still another A to be added after an mistake in the scoring of the play?

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
I didn't catch the game and I'm a little confused.

He had 3G and 1A and there is still another A to be added after an mistake in the scoring of the play?

Yes, they'll fix the 5th goal to Tkachuk - Mete - Marner which will bring him up to 55 and tied for the scoring lead.

A bizarre scoring mistake (where it's announced correctly at the arena but goes berserk on the website) happens in like 30-40% of OHL games. But they're corrected 99% of the time.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
Yes, they'll fix the 5th goal to Tkachuk - Mete - Marner which will bring him up to 55 and tied for the scoring lead.

A bizarre scoring mistake (where it's announced correctly at the arena but goes berserk on the website) happens in like 30-40% of OHL games. But they're corrected 99% of the time.

much appreciated.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I'm a Coyotes fan. I think Marner is either the best or the second best prospect in the CHL. I'm not sure which one he is, but I'm pretty confident he's one of the two. I've also followed London pretty closely for the last 4-5 years. I really like Marner a lot. I'm a big fan of his game and I like the kid a lot too. On draft day I wanted Strome. I had Dylan ranked 3rd and Mitch ranked 4th, by a very narrow margin. Today, I'm still glad that Strome is the way we went. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if Marner ends up the more effective NHL player. From what I've seen from these players and what I've seen from CHL hockey over the years, this has the early look of a toss up, at this point.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'm a Coyotes fan. I think Marner is either the best or the second best prospect in the CHL. I'm not sure which one he is, but I'm pretty confident he's one of the two. I've also followed London pretty closely for the last 4-5 years. I really like Marner a lot. I'm a big fan of his game and I like the kid a lot too. On draft day I wanted Strome. I had Dylan ranked 3rd and Mitch ranked 4th, by a very narrow margin. Today, I'm still glad that Strome is the way we went. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if Marner ends up the more effective NHL player. From what I've seen from these players and what I've seen from CHL hockey over the years, this has the early look of a toss up, at this point.
There on the same tier, preferred Marner at the draft but there was a lot of flip flopping along the way. Really excited at the possibility of them being on the same line at the WJC. Stromes vision and shot, combined with Marner's elusiveness and creativity, it should be amazing.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Tough scenario and I know i'll be ripped on for saying this but in retrospect I believe Marner and Strome should have been considered for 2nd overall.

Incredible Seasons by them both.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Tough scenario and I know i'll be ripped on for saying this but in retrospect I believe Marner and Strome should have been considered for 2nd overall.

you definitely should be ripped on for even mentioning that :facepalm:

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012

I think very highly of both prospects, but let's chill out a bit

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I know the Jack Eichel hypejob makes it hard to consider....but I've watched a lot of Sabres game this Season. I see a very good young player in Jack Eichel. But I feel he's been severely overrated. He's not the "generational" talent we've been lead to believe. He's certainly more NHL ready than Strome or Marner but it's a marathon not a sprint. I'm not saying full blown Strome or Marner will be better than Eichel, but I truly believe it's closer than the majority on these boards will lead you to believe.

Call me out all you like but I feel Marner/Strome could potentially be as good as Eichel one day. I know it's a touchy subject around here, where Jack Eichel is regarded as a "Hockey God" but it's my opinion. "Facepalm" me all you want. We'll see.

Last edited:

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Imagine he had a little more explosiveness in his step? Guy would be putting up 3.0 PPG with ease.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Imagine he had a little more explosiveness in his step? Guy would be putting up 3.0 PPG with ease.

Scary thing is I can imagine his explosiveness increasing with a bit of muscle added to his lower body.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
It honestly makes me gag that Jesse Puljujärvi actually destroyed Mitch Marner in a poll of "who's the better prospect"

Absolutely pathetic. Especially with Puljujarvi's medicore offensive production this Season.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
It honestly makes me gag that Jesse Puljujärvi actually destroyed Mitch Marner in a poll of "who's the better prospect"

Absolutely pathetic. Especially with Puljujarvi's medicore offensive production this Season.

leaf haters dont like the fact the leafs may have a generational talent ,im still waiting for next great FINN to emerge period ,:yo::yo::yo::yo:

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

I have a feeling that it's rather common, people tend to hype up draft eligible prospects while being more critical of already drafted prospects.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I know the Jack Eichel hypejob makes it hard to consider....but I've watched a lot of Sabres game this Season. I see a very good young player in Jack Eichel. But I feel he's been severely overrated. He's not the "generational" talent we've been lead to believe. He's certainly more NHL ready than Strome or Marner but it's a marathon not a sprint. I'm not saying full blown Strome or Marner will be better than Eichel, but I truly believe it's closer than the majority on these boards will lead you to believe.

Call me out all you like but I feel Marner/Strome could potentially be as good as Eichel one day. I know it's a touchy subject around here, where Jack Eichel is regarded as a "Hockey God" but it's my opinion. "Facepalm" me all you want. We'll see.

Pump the brakes homie.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
They just corrected the stats on OHL site to read 55pts for Marner and 55 for Dvorak. The gamesheet on the site was also corrected.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I noticed Marner hasn't taken a total of 4 faceoffs in the past month. Is the conversion to C on or abandoned at this point? Winning percentage is respectable. Is the plan after WJC to split up Dvorak and Marner and pair one of Jones or Tkachuk with Marner as two thirds of a line?

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I noticed Marner hasn't taken a total of 4 faceoffs in the past month. Is the conversion to C on or abandoned at this point? Winning percentage is respectable. Is the plan after WJC to split up Dvorak and Marner and pair one of Jones or Tkachuk with Marner as two thirds of a line?

He's been playing RW with LW Tkachuk and C Dvorak this season, that line is probably the best in the OHL right now, I doubt they'll be splitting them up anytime soon. I'm honestly fine with him as a winger as Nylander continues to develop as a C in the AHL.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
He's been playing RW with LW Tkachuk and C Dvorak this season, that line is probably the best in the OHL right now, I doubt they'll be splitting them up anytime soon. I'm honestly fine with him as a winger as Nylander continues to develop as a C in the AHL.

^This, with the way Nylander is developing the urge for Marner to develop at C isn't as high.

A first line of JVR-Nylander-Marner looks pretty damn good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad