C Mitchell Marner - London Knights, OHL (2015, 4th, TOR) IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

figure

Nov 19, 2015
West Coast
He was on for 2 even strength goals and 2 shorthanded goals. +4.

Maybe I'm wrong, but short handed goals do no count as a plus for +/-. Basically anything done that is not even strength does not effect that stat. Even though you could easily make the argument a short handed goal should - I don't believe it does, officially anyways.

HockeyAndWings

Dec 18, 2006
https://streamable.com/mnwj Here is the play courtesy of XERODAY from reddit. Clearly Marner has the assist on the play, its not even debatable, they'll have it fixed soon.

Dvorak wasn't even involved in the play and was behind the play when it happened. Marner and Mete should be awarded with assists, while Trachuk should get the goal. I hope they fix that soon.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Maybe I'm wrong, but short handed goals do no count as a plus for +/-. Basically anything done that is not even strength does not effect that stat. Even though you could easily make the argument a short handed goal should - I don't believe it does, officially anyways.

SH goals count as a plus (and minus for the team that was scored on).

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Strome and Marner are playing at such an incredible level. People thought Ryan Strome was better than both of these players. That's not happening.

Incredibly happy with Marner but I'm also glad that Strome is in the Western Conference.

Arizona is going to have an extremely well built team soon. Should be back to consistent playoff team in a year or two.

figure

Nov 19, 2015
West Coast
Who cares?

Well as of right now, when they fix the who gets the point, Dvorak will go down 1 point and Marner up one point. Once this happens, as of writing this comment, they would both be tied at 55 points - the league lead. Currently Dvorak has 56 and Marner 54.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Looking at the 5th goal, he's just so slippery. Creates space using great lateral movement. Effortlessly separates himself from defenders and finds a wide open teammate. Beautiful hockey.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Strome may end up just as good or better, but I'm glad it worked out so that the more exciting of the two is the one playing in hockey's Mecca where his talents will be appreciated.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Well as of right now, when they fix the who gets the point, Dvorak will go down 1 point and Marner up one point. Once this happens, as of writing this comment, they would both be tied at 55 points - the league lead. Currently Dvorak has 56 and Marner 54.

We must have been typing at the same time about the same thing.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
TIL. It makes total sense for sure! I guess I just heard it once that no matter what happens only even strength plays effect +/-, indeed I have been misinformed.

PP goals don't count since the team scoring has an advantage. SHG do count though.

bobbyt 91*

Looking at the 5th goal, he's just so slippery. Creates space using great lateral movement. Effortlessly separates himself from defenders and finds a wide open teammate. Beautiful hockey.

its really bothering me that Marner isn't getting his assist on that play.

HockeyAndWings

Dec 18, 2006
Credit for the assist would tie him for the scoring lead in the OHL so it is somewhat significant. It would bring Dvorak back to 55 and him up to 55pts.

For the sake of validity, that needs to be corrected, not to mention the other issues that may arise from the error.

animalanimal

Jul 5, 2015
Who cares?
people who want goals and points to be given to the people who actually scored them? dvorak didn't score, tkachuk did from marner and mete, what do you have against people who would like accurate stats recorded? are you advocating for a new system where we just kind of have a lax attitude and give points to whoever we feel like it at the time or..?

unsurprisingly you're a coyotes fan. good use of your time.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Strome may end up just as good or better, but I'm glad it worked out so that the more exciting of the two is the one playing in hockey's Mecca where his talents will be appreciated.

this post probably isn't going to go over well. I'm sure sure Arizona fans will appreciate Strome and would have appreciated Marner too.

As a Leaf fan I'm happy I get to appreciate his talents on my team but lets not act like because our fanbase is bigger that Arizona doesn't appreciate any of their players,

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
people who want goals and points to be given to the people who actually scored them? dvorak didn't score, tkachuk did from marner and mete, what do you have against people who would like accurate stats recorded? are you advocating for a new system where we just kind of have a lax attitude and give points to whoever we feel like it at the time or..?

unsurprisingly you're a coyotes fan. good use of your time.
i'm more surprised that they didn't give it too him because dvorak wasn't even their. Marner had a great pass to mete who did a nice pass to an open tka, who scored with the one timer. I mean that is as clear as it gets. Marner doesn't need points or anything. I mean he can create chances every shift, and gets more than 2 pts a game, however on that play he was the primary reason that the puck ended up behind the net. What a amazing "secondary assist."

figure

Nov 19, 2015
West Coast
what is that guy talking about? He's only ever been credited with 3+1 though he should have a 2nd assist but that play hasn't been changed yet.

It was changed - they randomly took the goal from Ktachuk and gave it Dvorak - making Marner the 4th man out and without a point. It was directly related to them changing the goal. They'll change it back though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad