C Michael McLeod (2016, 12th, NJD) Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Loved Mikey McLeod last year and was hoping he'd fall to the Wings. Slick move, wowza

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
All those comments about McLeod not being able to score on top teams are really bearing out right now. He's only 2nd in playoff scoring.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
All those comments about McLeod not being able to score on top teams are really bearing out right now. He's only 2nd in playoff scoring.
I didn't agree with that analysis because it was overly simplistic. But, we are talking about a league where 90% of the teams make the playoffs. I wouldn't an Ottawa team that went 26-34-7 a strong team. Oshawa is pretty good, but almost all the powerhouse teams reside in the West.

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I didn't agree with that analysis because it was overly simplistic. But, we are talking about a league where 90% of the teams make the playoffs. I wouldn't an Ottawa team that went 26-34-7 a strong team. Oshawa is pretty good, but almost all the powerhouse teams reside in the West.

He's dominating every facet of the game, putting up 1.86 points/game, winning over 70% of his faceoffs. But I guess that's still not good enough.

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
mikey with 2 assists and post ringer with 10 seconds left in their 3-2 loss. strong performance from him amid a sloppy effort from the rest of the team

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
mikey with 2 assists and post ringer with 10 seconds left in their 3-2 loss. strong performance from him amid a sloppy effort from the rest of the team

He could have had more if Jeremy Brodeur didn't steal his father's powers for this game. Spencer Watson could easily have had a hat trick, too.

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
He could have had more if Jeremy Brodeur didn't steal his father's powers for this game. Spencer Watson could easily have had a hat trick, too.
yea mini brodeur was excellent. watson wasn't bad but he just seems to disappear when he's not involved in an attack with mikey

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Oshawa had 4 more points than the Steelheads in the regular season; do McLeod's 2 points and 4 shots count?

Hmm did you apply the McLeod Modifier yet?

McLeod Modified Points = Actual points * 0

So.. let me do the math here.. he got 0 points.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He's dominating every facet of the game, putting up 1.86 points/game, winning over 70% of his faceoffs. But I guess that's still not good enough.
You claimed he was doing it against a strong team because it was the playoffs. Ottawa isn't a strong team. It is actually one of the worst teams the league. Oshawa is a legitimate challenge.

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
You claimed he was doing it against a strong team because it was the playoffs. Ottawa isn't a strong team. It is actually one of the worst teams the league. Oshawa is a legitimate challenge.

I'm just mystified as to what McLeod would have to do for you to give him any credit.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'm just mystified as to what McLeod would have to do for you to give him any credit.
I never even made that argument. He's a fine player, I just don't think he's that offensively talented or at least an offensive game that translates well to the next level.

You big up his playoff performance implying he's beating strong teams while putting up these numbers. At least be factually correct. Ottawa was a bad team this year. Let's see how he finishes up the playoffs before saying the people who said he wasn't playing well against strong teams. In my eyes, he did fine London this year, so I think the criticism was way over exaggerated by some, but to point that it isn't true because he beat up on the 67's is even more ridiculous than the argument put forth in the first place.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Get drafted by a Canadian team. :sarcasm:
Yes, because my post history shows an overwhelming bias towards Canadian team prospects. Why the hell would I care about who New Jersey takes? I've probably seen more McLeod than most people on this board. I just thought the premise of the fact because he beat up on a bad Ottawa team he could dominate strong teams absolutely hilarious considering anyone who watches the OHL knows they aren't good.

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I never even made that argument. He's a fine player, I just don't think he's that offensively talented or at least an offensive game that translates well to the next level.

You big up his playoff performance implying he's beating strong teams while putting up these numbers. At least be factually correct. Ottawa was a bad team this year. Let's see how he finishes up the playoffs before saying the people who said he wasn't playing well against strong teams. In my eyes, he did fine London this year, so I think the criticism was way over exaggerated by some, but to point that it isn't true because he beat up on the 67's is even more ridiculous than the argument put forth in the first place.

He was dynamic against the Generals today. I admit Ottawa's record is worse than I expected it to be, but it's still playoff hockey.

You seem to come around this thread a lot, and it's always to lay criticism on McLeod or contradict someone praising him. You claim to be objective, but I just don't see it.

Yes, because my post history shows an overwhelming bias towards Canadian team prospects. Why the hell would I care about who New Jersey takes? I've probably seen more McLeod than most people on this board. I just thought the premise of the fact because he beat up on a bad Ottawa team he could dominate strong teams absolutely hilarious considering anyone who watches the OHL knows they aren't good.

I don't know man, you tell me. No one's making you post here.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He was dynamic against the Generals today. I admit Ottawa's record is worse than I expected it to be, but it's still playoff hockey.

You seem to come around this thread a lot, and it's always to lay criticism on McLeod or contradict someone praising him. You claim to be objective, but I just don't see it.
I've said what I think about him. I don't think I've been over the top in my claims. I think he's a fairly limited offensive player who relies too much on scoring off the rush to be a 50 point player at the NHL level. He could prove me wrong, but I doubt he will. You want to pump his tires and call out previous criticism's without even knowing the facts of the teams he's playing.

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I've said what I think about him. I don't think I've been over the top in my claims. I think he's a fairly limited offensive player who relies too much on scoring off the rush to be a 50 point player at the NHL level. He could prove me wrong, but I doubt he will. You want to pump his tires and call out previous criticism's without even knowing the facts of the teams he's playing.

I'm not exactly sure why that bothers you. He's a Devils prospect, I'm a Devils fan. Of course I'm hyped when he does well. I look at him and see Matt Duchene, you don't. Well and good.

This moral indignation over semantics seems unlikely, but whatever floats you I suppose.

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'm not exactly sure why that bothers you. He's a Devils prospect, I'm a Devils fan. Of course I'm hyped when he does well. I look at him and see Matt Duchene, you don't. Well and good.

This moral indignation over semantics seems unlikely, but whatever floats you I suppose.
Because your statement wasn't factually correct. Maybe before you want to call out people for being wrong, actually wait til he does what they claimed he didn't, instead of puffing you chest out and claiming you were in the right.

But, whatever, think he's Matt Duchene..... But be prepared to most likely be disappointed on that one, unless your talking about this years Duchene.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
always amazes me how sensitive fans are about their team's prospects. Turn it to ridicule how you want, look at his goals and points against top teams vs. bottom teams, it's pretty explicit. Was he terrible against good teams? No but he gets a higher proportion of his points against weaker teams compared to other centers in the OHL. Getting a bunch of points against Ottawa isn't going to change my mind about him. I see he's been playing very well and that's good for him but I still see him as a 3rd line player in the long run.

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Because your statement wasn't factually correct. Maybe before you want to call out people for being wrong, actually wait til he does what they claimed he didn't, instead of puffing you chest out and claiming you were in the right.

But, whatever, think he's Matt Duchene..... But be prepared to most likely be disappointed on that one, unless your talking about this years Duchene.

It's called sarcasm, my friend. Sorry it was so offensive.

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
always amazes me how sensitive fans are about their team's prospects. Turn it to ridicule how you want, look at his goals and points against top teams vs. bottom teams, it's pretty explicit. Was he terrible against good teams? No but he gets a higher proportion of his points against weaker teams compared to other centers in the OHL. Getting a bunch of points against Ottawa isn't going to change my mind about him. I see he's been playing very well and that's good for him but I still see him as a 3rd line player in the long run.

Players score less against harder competition, and in harder leagues. It seems like a pretty normal thing, not sure why McLeod should be singled out for it.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Players score less against harder competition, and in harder leagues. It seems like a pretty normal thing, not sure why McLeod should be singled out for it.

Yeah that part is expected but McLeod's proportion of points against weak teams is greater than Suzuki's, Strome's and the other top centermen in the OHL. The totals aren't bad by themselves but I think it's a symptom of him being big and fast and exploiting weaker defenses, something I don't think will fly against better teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad