C Marco Kasper (2022, 8th, DET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
I can't remember the last time I saw an 18 year old go to the net like this. He's great at transporting the puck into the o zone, and then he either takes it to the net himself, or gives it up and then goes straight to the net without the puck. Pretty much every time.

Reactions: ponder

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Really like how he ain't scared to get involved in the paint.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
I can't remember the last time I saw an 18 year old go to the net like this. He's great at transporting the puck into the o zone, and then he either takes it to the net himself, or gives it up and then goes straight to the net without the puck. Pretty much every time.

He does and his success rate getting the puck to those areas and down ice is incredible for his age. He is a very efficient player. I don't expect him being as great as Seider or anything like that, but I think this kid is going to step right into the NHL and look the part right out of the gate. If he keeps it up he will be a real threat to take a spot next season.

Reactions: Stony Curtis

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Marco Kasper so far in SHL:

Faceoffs 51.7% (47 wins total, 3rd most in team)
8 games, 2+3=5 points, +8 -2 = +6 plusminus. Best plusminus in team with +3 margin.
23 shots on goal, most in team.
76 fenwick for, 2nd highest in team (highest, William Wallinder, 88 FF)
55.9% Fenwick% (Top4 in team, of players with at least 4 games)
16:04 ice-time (7th highest of forwards, only 1min difference to highest, very equal usage in Team)

Kasper at Champions Hockey League

6 games, 3+4=7 points.+4 (Point Leaders Tambellini 3+5=8 and Wallinder 1+7=8)
12 shots on goal
15:13 icetime
52.7% at faceoffs

So in general it has been 14 games, 5+7=12 points.
Faceoffs at ~52% range
Playing almost 16 minutes on average.
Plus guy in both competitions with +10 combined.

Going very very well for so young kid.

Who was the last 18.5 year old kid doing this good at SHL level ?

Reactions: newfy and slumpy43

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
A few observations.

Marco is arguably the best offensive player but on a bad offensive team. Rogle is 10th in goals, of 14 teams.

He still doesnt get respect from his coaches, to be honest. For example, he still doesnt play with top linemates. He still doesnt play on the first powerplay.

Rogle is 12th in the standings right now, albeit with a game in hand. The coach needs to shake things up or they won't make the playoffs and that has job implications for him.

I think the coach has a hard time reconciling the fact that Marco is his 1C. Because genuinely, Marco is not as good as the 1Cs on other better teams. It's not an ideal scenario. But pretending that some veteran is a better option is not mmore viable. Either go out onto the free agent market and hire someone. Or play your best players like they're your best players.

• Haha
Reactions: simonedvinsson

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
A few observations.

Marco is arguably the best offensive player but on a bad offensive team. Rogle is 10th in goals, of 14 teams.

He still doesnt get respect from his coaches, to be honest. For example, he still doesnt play with top linemates. He still doesnt play on the first powerplay.

Rogle is 12th in the standings right now, albeit with a game in hand. The coach needs to shake things up or they won't make the playoffs and that has job implications for him.

I think the coach has a hard time reconciling the fact that Marco is his 1C. Because genuinely, Marco is not as good as the 1Cs on other better teams. It's not an ideal scenario. But pretending that some veteran is a better option is not mmore viable. Either go out onto the free agent market and hire someone. Or play your best players like they're your best players.
You do realize it has been 8 games and it's the team that won the regular season last year and mostly kept their core intact, right? Their 1C is the same guy who won it for them last year and the captain of their team, I don't think having some confidence in him is so uncalled for.

Talking about "job implications" regarding Abbotts after 8 games is also completely nuts. The way they elevated Rogle into an SHL powerhouse over the last 3 years, it would probably take 2 completely blown seasons to get them fired. Not being 2 points out of the PO spot 1/7 into the season.

You can make a point Kasper deserves to play on the 1st line and whatnot but the rest of the post is, frankly, quite terrible and completely misrepresents that team/organization as a whole.

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
A few observations.

The sky isn't falling, man. Rogle is still unbeaten in Champions Hockey League play. They had a bad stretch of games early mostly due to poor goaltending from Rifalk and Clang. Rogle will still be a top 4 team in the SHL this season.

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
The sky isn't falling, man. Rogle is still unbeaten in Champions Hockey League play. They had a bad stretch of games early mostly due to poor goaltending from Rifalk and Clang. Rogle will still be a top 4 team in the SHL this season.
It’s not really just poor goaltending. Bengtsson, Ferguson, and Rosdahl are supposed to be top 6/top line shlers and have played like complete dogshit in league play.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah, there is no question team as a whole is underperforming and needs to get their shit together. It's just that there should still be pretty strong belief they will be able to do that.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
You do realize it has been 8 games and it's the team that won the regular season last year and mostly kept their core intact, right? Their 1C is the same guy who won it for them last year and the captain of their team, I don't think having some confidence in him is so uncalled for.

Talking about "job implications" regarding Abbotts after 8 games is also completely nuts. The way they elevated Rogle into an SHL powerhouse over the last 3 years, it would probably take 2 completely blown seasons to get them fired. Not being 2 points out of the PO spot 1/7 into the season.

You can make a point Kasper deserves to play on the 1st line and whatnot but the rest of the post is, frankly, quite terrible and completely misrepresents that team/organization as a whole.
Their captain is Bengtsson. And losing their top scorer and their top defenseman is a pretty serious deviation from "keeping the core intact." This is a drastically worse team, even with Kasper and Sheen, who is hurt. I'm not sure if you're referring to Tambellini or Bengtsson as the captain but both have been bad. Tambellini is good at certain things and needs linemates to enable him, right now he doesnt have that which is why the numbers are horrible. Bengtsson has just not been a top 6 forward.

Framing it in terms of job implications is probably too drastic from me. But being 3 points out can turn into being 6 points out and then 9 points out, and you may miss the playoffs. Or even, you sneak in and lose. The team is not good right now.

First line is not necessary. First powerplay, I think that's a starting point. But the team really needs to go out and hire. Like I said, Marco is not a 1c in the league yet, Tambellini hasnt played like one, Ferguson hasnt played like one. So get one. Or get a winger to pair with Tambellini and enable him, that's great for Marco too because it pushes another good winger down to him. Or get an elite defenseman, that helps Marco too. I dont think the team is substantially better if you just throw Kasper on the first line. But changes are necessary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad