C Marco Kasper (2022, 8th, DET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Not fan of this pick i would take a swing at upside and took Nazar or Savoie. Nothing with this pick excites me. Fingers crossed he ends up as someone simmilar to Lundell.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Not fan of this pick i would take a swing at upside and took Nazar or Savoie. Nothing with this pick excites me. Fingers crossed he ends up as someone simmilar to Lundell.
Well obviously i trust Yzerman more than i trust you, Neither Nazar or Savoie are certain to be Centers at the NHL level. Where Kasper is and Kasper is bigger close to 6'2" Savoie is 5'9" more or less be a winger at the NHL level. Kasper is gritty like Bertuzzi will go into the dirty areas for the puck. And that's what we need.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Well obviously i trust Yzerman more than i trust you, Neither Nazar or Savoie are certain to be Centers at the NHL level. Where Kasper is and Kasper is bigger close to 6'2" Savoie is 5'9" more or less be a winger at the NHL level. Kasper is gritty like Bertuzzi will go into the dirty areas for the puck. And that's what we need.

Don’t forget that he’s solid defensively already and is showing off his speed a lot more at center.

Reactions: wings95

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Yeah he's already looking a lot faster this year, then he did a year ago. Looking like Larkin speed. And that's a good thing.
I wouldn’t go that far - he’s a strong skater, but Larkin is elite. His game overall does have plenty of similarities to Larkin, though.

Compared to same-age Larkin, both have/had really mature games for their age, strong 2-way play, both consistently driving hard to the net/danger areas. Solid skills, though no crazy 1-on-1 moves or crazy deceptiveness/creativity. I’d say Larkin had significantly better skating (Kasper still a very good skater though), while Kasper is a bit ahead of same age Larkin in terms of puck protection.

Last edited:

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
I wouldn’t go that far - he’s a strong skater, but Larkin is elite. His game overall does have plenty of similarities to Larkin, though.

Compared to same-age Larkin, both have/had really mature games for their age, strong 2-way play, both consistently driving hard to the net/danger areas. Solid skills, though no crazy 1-on-1 moves or crazy deceptiveness/creativity. I’d say Larkin had significantly better skating (Kasper still a very good skater though), while Kasper is a bit ahead of same age Larkin in terms of puck protection.

I do agree Larkins is a quicker skater, but obviously can't take anything away from Kaspers skating. He is pretty quick himself at 6'1" and I'm thinking just as strong on his skates.

I know people preface this all the time by claiming they rarely get into player comparables, but oddly Larkin and Kasper are very suitable comprables. They both play a simple game, have similar skillsets and had similar projections. I think Kasper is showing a slight edge at a similar age in vision and ability to draw defenders inside the O-zone to make a play and Larkin had a pretty good edge in utilizing his skating to play off the rush. When Larkin was younger (even earlier in the NHL) he relied a lot more on the rush to create offense than he does today, as he has developed all aspects of his game and can play well in any offensive situation now.

It's pretty exciting to see Kasper starting out this strong. We are no longer crossing our fingures on just trying to get a solid young piece on our roster, we are now hopeful that Edvinsson and Kasper can complete our core and both are showing the right signs so far. We just need a little more luck and we could be in good shape.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Real games coming soon, will be interesting to see. I think the only real takeaway from the CHL is that he is gonna be an important player for Rogle but again, that's expected.

Games against Zurich should be really interesting though considering their roster with Texier, Kukan, Andrighetto, etc. Sort of more on the radar than your usual game night in the SHL.

Last edited:

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018

Larkin is not elite skater but very good one. Makar, McDavid or Hughes are elite skaters, don't let fanboyism overtake your common sense. Iam very pleased with Kasper right now, our scouts know what's up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad