C Marco Kasper (2022, 8th, DET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
Currently having as good of a D+1 year as Raymond but doing it as a center and being phenomenal defensively. 1+2 today +2 while playing 22 mins.

Currently at 10+17=27 in 44 games.

Can someone please update the topic title. He’s played for Rögle since 2020.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Feels like he's trending better than most guys from this draft so far. Promising stuff.

In a too-early redraft he’s top 3 or 4 in my opinion.

Jiricek
Mintyukov
Gauthier
Kasper

I think Jiricek would be #1 then it’s a toss up for the others at this point.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
In a too-early redraft he’s top 3 or 4 in my opinion.

Jiricek
Mintyukov
Gauthier
Kasper

I think Jiricek would be #1 then it’s a toss up for the others at this point.
1. Cooley
2. Jiricek
3. Slafkovsky
4. Nemec
5. Wright
6. Kasper
7. Mintyukov
8. Gauthier
9. Kulich
10. Korchinski

That’s how I would draft today I think. Casey, Mateychuk, and Savoie are right there for me as well but Kasper has looked awesome this year.

Reactions: hellwar9

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
1. Cooley
2. Jiricek
3. Slafkovsky
4. Nemec
5. Wright
6. Kasper
7. Mintyukov
8. Gauthier
9. Kulich
10. Korchinski

That’s how I would draft today I think. Casey, Mateychuk, and Savoie are right there for me as well but Kasper has looked awesome this year.

I haven’t been impressed by Slaf, Nemec or Wright when I’ve seen them this year. Still top 10 but none in the top 5. And I’m still not sold on Cooley or Korchinski. Cooley seems like the kind of player that will be a bad team scorer. Korchinski is like a poor man’s Chabot.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I haven’t been impressed by Slaf, Nemec or Wright when I’ve seen them this year. Still top 10 but none in the top 5. And I’m still not sold on Cooley or Korchinski. Cooley seems like the kind of player that will be a bad team scorer. Korchinski is like a poor man’s Chabot.
I mean Slaf has 4 goals in 39 NHL games and Kasper has 6 goals in 34 SHL games so I'm not sure what would warrant Kasper all of a sudden jumping over him when the draft was like half a year ago.

All Cooley has really done is be a good scorer on top teams so I also don't get where you think he is a bad team scorer. Has he ever been on a bad team? Or do you just think Arizona will suck forever but he will score well on those bad teams?

I agree Wright has been pretty meh but Nemec was a beast at the WJC and seems to be having a solid AHL season as an 18 yr old defenseman.

I think Kasper has looked good though. Just too early to say how far he would go in a re-draft, especially when all of these guys are playing in different levels and leagues around the world.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I mean Slaf has 4 goals in 39 NHL games and Kasper has 6 goals in 34 SHL games so I'm not sure what would warrant Kasper all of a sudden jumping over him when the draft was like half a year ago.
Kasper wouldn't climb much, if at all, in a re-draft. Mostly I'm just happy he's inching closer to the top tier of the draft. No one taken after him is making me second guess the pick, and I was pretty torn between Kasper, Lekkerimäki, Savoie, Nazar etc.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020

All Cooley has really done is be a good scorer on top teams so I also don't get where you think he is a bad team scorer. Has he ever been on a bad team? Or do you just think Arizona will suck forever but he will score well on those bad teams?

I agree Wright has been pretty meh but Nemec was a beast at the WJC and seems to be having a solid AHL season as an 18 yr old defenseman.

I think Kasper has looked good though. Just too early to say how far he would go in a re-draft, especially when all of these guys are playing in different levels and leagues around the world.

Different games for Slaf and Kasper. Kasper has been his team’s best all around player most nights, including his champions league play where he had 9 points in 10 games in a best on best tourney. He’s always tilting the ice when out there. I vaguely remember seeing a stat that Kasper and his winger Oskar Staal-Lyrenas had the highest xGF in the SHL.

If I’m looking at a comparison in the league right now, I’d say Kasper and Matty Beniers are very comparable in how they play and skate. Beniers has the better shot but Kasper is more physical. Both are very solid fundamentally and seem to always make the right play.

As far as Cooley, it’s more the Arizona will suck forever despite Cooley scoring. That team will be in limbo forever.

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022

Pretty silly to base a comparison on goals scored between a goal scorer and a playmaker. Especially when that goal scorer is weak defensively and the playmaker (who also is scoring goals) is elite defensively

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Pretty silly to base a comparison on goals scored between a goal scorer and a playmaker. Especially when that goal scorer is weak defensively and the playmaker (who also is scoring goals) is elite defensively
It's also silly to do a re-draft 6 months after the original draft happened in which they are as much changes as people were suggesting. Obviously they are different players, but it's not like all that much has happened that would warrant Slafkovsky falling out of the top-5 while a guy like Kasper moves up. My point was they are in completely different situations in terms of league, opportunity, and team strength and the stats aren't significantly different enough to effect a re-draft that much.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
It's also silly to do a re-draft 6 months after the original draft happened in which they are as much changes as people were suggesting. Obviously they are different players, but it's not like all that much has happened that would warrant Slafkovsky falling out of the top-5 while a guy like Kasper moves up. My point was they are in completely different situations in terms of league, opportunity, and team strength and the stats aren't significantly different enough to effect a re-draft that much.

Doing a re-draft is probably a fool's errand, you are certainly right, but this can be viewed as more like tracking stocks. Montreal bought in on Slafkovsky as a long term investment and just because he hasn't produced capital appreciation doesn't mean that they are looking to sell. That doesn't mean that someone like Kasper hasn't raised his perceived value to a lot of people who were otherwise skeptical.

The things people said about Kasper were well rounded, high effort, physical, responsible, but also simplistic, limited upside, high floor. I certainly haven't watched as much Rogle as others who have followed Kasper closely this year, but in the bits and pieces I have been able to catch, there's evidence to suggest that the question marks aren't nearly as significant as they were at the time of the draft. As a result, Kasper seems to be rising where Slafkovsky appears to be treading water.

Nobody should be flipping spots, but the competition has definitely gotten a little tighter. This isn't exclusive to just two players, it's a big pool of prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad