C Marco Kasper (2022, 8th, DET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Why? Plenty of data points have changed.
Because the majority of people haven't even played 40 hockey games. They are in different leagues around the world, playing against different levels of competition and getting different types of opportunity in terms of ice time and line mates. Some of them them have battled injuries so far in the year. I think over 90% of hockey fans agree it takes years to conduct a reasonable re-draft...and doing one halfway through their first season post-draft does not draw that many conclusions.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Because the majority of people haven't even played 40 hockey games. They are in different leagues around the world, playing against different levels of competition and getting different types of opportunity in terms of ice time and line mates. Some of them them have battled injuries so far in the year. I think over 90% of hockey fans agree it takes years to conduct a reasonable re-draft...and doing one halfway through their first season post-draft does not draw that many conclusions.

This was all true last summer too, they still held a draft.

A re-draft isn't meant to be conclusive, the prospects will obviously keep surprising us, but at any point in time you can take a snapshot of where you think they rank. Nothing wrong with it.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
In a too-early redraft he’s top 3 or 4 in my opinion.

Jiricek
Mintyukov
Gauthier
Kasper

I think Jiricek would be #1 then it’s a toss up for the others at this point.

I haven't seen enough Kasper to bump him up yet. And the stats aren't much yet. My top 3 is the same as yours though. I might have Wright 4th, as frustrating as he can be.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
The future is just starting to show up in Detroit. Some exciting prospects just starting out with Kasper, Wallinder and Mazur all getting their first look. If Kasper can contribute in the next couple years I am pretty confident Yzerman can work his way into another top 6 center via trade or free agency. Larkin, Copp, Kasper and an addition is a great foundation. Back end has depth and potentially two #1 defensemen. Husso is a great option going forward, next year should be a playoff push.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Mazur and Kasper are going to make Detroit a lot more annoying to play against in the near future

Reactions: Ricelund

whata beauty

Aug 22, 2012
Played 14:54, no points, E +/-, centered the 2nd line for a majority of the time in a win in Toronto. Did not look out of place, especially for an 18 year old that just came over to the states from Europe within the last week

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Played 14:54, no points, E +/-, centered the 2nd line for a majority of the time in a win in Toronto. Did not look out of place, especially for an 18 year old that just came over to the states from Europe within the last week
That's pretty good news for the Wings. I wasn't as high on him as the wings (he was 15 on my list), but felt like he had a really high floor.

Looks like the Wings might have made another great top 10 pick. It's so important for rebuilding orgs not to blow these types of picks - they've had 6 top 9 picks in a row (with the last 5 all out of Europe), and looks like the only missed on 1 of them (Zadina).

Out of those 6 picks, looks like they'll get:
- Top 6C (Kasper) who may have 1C potential
- Top 6W (Raymond) who probably becomes a legit top line winger.
- 2 top 4D (including a #1D (Seider) and Edvinsson, who could be a #1 as well)
- Top 6 PWF (Rasmussen), who is still improving. He's actually pretty underrated. He's 3rd on the wings in ES points despite missing like 20 games, ahead of guys like Perron, Raymond, and Kubalik. He's 2nd among Wings regulars in 5v5 p/60 (1.87) behind only Larkin (1.92)...

That's a tremendous haul, with pretty much every type of player needed to make a formidable 5 man unit - a playmaking winger, a PWF winger, a two way center, a #1 all situations puck moving dman, and a two way 6'6 dman. Plus they got Cossa coming in net.

Detroit has done a great job of building through the draft. And since Yzerman has taken over, they've done a great job mixing bolder picks like Seider and Kasper with "BPA" picks in Raymond and Edvinsson. Seems they know when to go off the board. And they'll probably get another top 8-12 pick this year and get another great piece.

Future looks bright in HockeyTown.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I reckon Detroit is gonna be real close with his development this summer too. Their SHL prospects in particular have transitioned smoothly to NA from what we've seen so far.

Seider (unique AHL to SHL path)
Raymond
Edvinsson
Berggren
Soderblom
and you can count Lindstrom as well

With hope for;

Wallinder
Al. Johansson

Reactions: mistaclick

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
This was all true last summer too, they still held a draft.

A re-draft isn't meant to be conclusive, the prospects will obviously keep surprising us, but at any point in time you can take a snapshot of where you think they rank. Nothing wrong with it.
Yep. It's fun for some to discuss. It's harmless

Reactions: Cake Eater

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Youngest red wing to debut at age 18 since Marty Lapointe in 1991

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
my copy/paste isnt working right now but i just posted a new/excellent icehockeygif 30 minute vid on marco at my 'redwinghockey' reddit page

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad