C/LW Roope Hintz (2015, 49th, DAL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
C/RW - Roope Hintz - Ilves - 2015 Draft

What do people think about this prospect? 6'2 two way winger, fast, works hard, had a solid showing at the WJC. Could we see him drafted in the first round?

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
He's going to be a very good 3rd line C in the league.

What makes him that valuable is that he'll be a premier two-way C, rather than an average 3rd/4th line tweeners.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Why is this guy getting no love ?

Put up good numbers in a man's league, has good size and is an all around great player.

JJTopper

Registered Creeper
Jul 11, 2002
Visit site
:laugh:

Could he sky rocket to the first round ?

It's a pretty deep draft, so I kind of doubt it. I love the kids game, but his offensive upside might not be high enough to entice a team to take him in the 1st round. Hard to say though. I'm guessing he goes mid-to-late 2nd round.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
I've yet to been really impressed by him. Sure, he has size and ability to put up some points but I don't necessarily see him putting his tools together at the next level. Thus, I don't see him as a late 1st round talent.
I can see him becoming a solid 3rd liner though if all goes well.
I'm happy to be proven wrong though.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
Hintz will have better coaches and play for much better team next season. I expect him to make great progress during his time in HIFK. He'll be at least very good 3rd liner in NHL. Already a good two-way player (like most Finns are) who can play as a center or winger. I think his upside is solid 2nd line player :nod:

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
Hintz had a back injury during summer training, but he is finally going to play again tonight after a five month break.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Can anyone tell how Hintz looked tonight? At least he made good job on the assist tonight.

Borlag

Jan 27, 2006
Helsinki, Funland
Considering he just came back from an injury, it looked like he never missed a thing. Good movement, passes were swift and precise (a problem that IFK has had all season long). At times it seemed as if he was shying away from contact a bit though, but at the same time on the very next shift it looked quite the opposite. All in all he looked great out there.

Have a season pass for HIFK so I'll be keeping an eye out for him.

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
Natural hat-trick in a 7-0 victory against Ässät tonight. He's been in fantastic form as of late(along with so many of the WJC stars).

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
He is playing for HIFK at the moment..

Has been great after WJC. Everybody likes Aho so Hintz doesn't get much talk. :)

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
This kid is gonna be good. I dare to say he will be 1st line C in HIFK next season.

EDIT: Also can someone (op/mod) change the team in the title please?

Last edited:

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
He was one of the most disappointing players I watched in the WJC. I certainly hope he is capable of stepping up and proving that the hattrick wasn't a fluke and is actually able to keep producing in FEL in a steady pace. In the future, he's a borderline 3rd line center in the NHL as it looks right now.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
This kid is gonna be good. I dare to say he will be 1st line C in HIFK next season.

EDIT: Also can someone (op/mod) change the team in the title please?

Tried to, but it didn't work. It only edited the tittle in the first post.

perstakli

Jan 21, 2015
He was one of the most disappointing players I watched in the WJC. I certainly hope he is capable of stepping up and proving that the hattrick wasn't a fluke and is actually able to keep producing in FEL in a steady pace. In the future, he's a borderline 3rd line center in the NHL as it looks right now.

He was injured to start the season and it was unclear at that point whether he would even be able to recover in time for the WJC. Certainly his line didn't click in the WJC - even though they managed to get some very important goals when it mattered, but in the Liiga Hintz has been one of the best players in HIFK lately.

If he stays in Finland for the next season, I wouldn't be surprised (either) if he was the #1C to start the season and would expect a lot more dominance to come, he's already in the discussion for the best skater in Liiga and it looks like that curve is still trending upwards too. I can only imagine what he'll be able to do with whoever ends up as the wingers in HIFK:s first line - with one of the biggest budgets in Liiga and perennial championship hopes, there's always some quality players in the first line of HIFK.

jaa

Oct 24, 2013
This guy is flying under the radar in my opinion. His development seems good and he is playing #2C in one of the strongest teams of FEL. Could be a steal for Dallas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad