C/LW Roope Hintz (2015, 49th, DAL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Noma

Like spedico said, Hintz has been measured as 6'4" a few days ago. What's notorious about that is that he doesn't seem to be at all out of place with his big frame like many young players do. He plays really strong game against grown men and throws big hits and can win board battles.

He started the season in relatively small role (under 10min TOI per game), but after five games he got a bigger role and since then he has 4+7 in 14 games while being +9 in plusminus.

Hintz also gave a hilarious interview to Iltasanomat the other day. He was asked which one is better, him or HIFK's Nikolay Goldobin. He answered "Who?"

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Im curious which scouting agency or draft person is first to pick up on Hintz. Biggest sleeper of the draft by far that we know of.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
CSS (Göran Stubb) didn't even have Hintz on the top 200 euro prospect list on start of the season

Kuhta

Dec 8, 2006
Helsinki
Roope Hintz, Ilves Tampere, (Draft 2015)

Hintz has had a super strong start to the season. 3 + 6 in 18 games in Liiga. Where do you see him going in the draft?

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Eh, meant to post this earlier before I left for lunch, but Hintz & Ilves (#28 in white) are playing Rantanen & TPS (#96 in black) today; third period's underway.

Last edited:

KevinBXA

Professional Caveman
Nov 4, 2010
The Roxy
Really a complete player. Great shine and body with strong potential. This is a kid who could have great hair for the rest of his life. I've heard he employs the spray bottle which is an underutilized technique, nice to see him keep that alive. As far as his future goes I see him being a top 10 guy league wide for years to come. You just can't compete with lettuce that crisp. The game needs players like Roope and by proxy, Roope's salad. I've heard he's currently negotiating with both Pantene and Head And Shoulders, should be quite the battle.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
Really a complete player. Great shine and body with strong potential. This is a kid who could have great hair for the rest of his life. I've heard he employs the spray bottle which is an underutilized technique, nice to see him keep that alive. As far as his future goes I see him being a top 10 guy league wide for years to come. You just can't compete with lettuce that crisp. The game needs players like Roope and by proxy, Roope's salad. I've heard he's currently negotiating with both Pantene and Head And Shoulders, should be quite the battle.

If Roope wouldn't be hockey a player he'd be a movie star. :bow:

Hintz has been really good this year and he's available next year too! :handclap:

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Wished he could fly under the radar and fall to the Hawks 2nd round pick but if he doesnt get ranked in the final top 30 which is certainly a possibility, he wont last past 40.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012

I love your enthusiasm :laugh: Why don't you draft him? :naughty:

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

Garnier isn't in the discussions?

umdieecke*

I was discussing him in the Avs forum. He only has 1 assist in 3 games, which is a small sample size, but his skating jumps off the screen. As I mentioned in the Ehlers thread, Hintz, Ehlers, Virtainen, and Domi have all stood out in this regard. I wouldn't be upset if he ended up on the Avs.

His size and skating combo is similar to Viktor Stalberg. But if his game rounds out, he could be a Marian Hossa 2.0.

Last edited by a moderator:

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
I was discussing him in the Avs forum. He only has 1 assist in 3 games, which is a small sample size, but his skating jumps off the screen. As I mentioned in the Ehlers thread, Hintz, Ehlers, Virtainen, and Domi have all stood out in this regard. I wouldn't be upset if he ended up on the Avs.

His size and skating combo is similar to Viktor Stalberg.

The whole team has 3 goals so that's pretty good :laugh:

umdieecke*

The whole team has 3 goals so that's pretty good :laugh:

On the internet, there's often some snarky person that exists only to snipe at the smallest thing. I wasn't banging on him for one point but to get out in front of the internet trolls.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad