C Logan Stankoven - Texas, AHL (2021, 47th, DAL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Ya I'd say everyone would agree that both Sillinger and Guenther have been more impressive that Stankoven this season. Sillinger is a very special player

lol christ don't quit your day job scooter. Stankhoven isn't going to be the "next big thing". I agree Sillinger and Guenther have been more consistent. But for you to say Logan is having "a basic 16 year old season", shows that you should probably stick to flipping burgers, as scouting is not your thing.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
2 more goals today so far. 25 on the season. Pretty ordinary 16 year old season.

He's on pace for 31 in 64 games, or 0.48 GPG, which if he hits 31 puts him in the top 14, 16 year old seasons, all time in the WHL. Pretty solid for sure.

Nolan Patrick had 30 in 55 games, or a 0.55 GPG pace, so he's already well above Stankoven's pace.
Reinhart had 28 in 67, Schenn had 28 in 66 and Eberle had 28 in 66 as well.

We will see where he finishes once the season is over. No one is saying that he isn't a solid scorer. I'm just saying I think Sillinger and Guenther are more well rounded players right now.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
13 goals in his last 21 games since after Christmas. And 25 points overall. Guenther has 12 goals and 27 points in 20 games. So they are pretty comparable as the season has gotten tougher.

Last edited:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He's on pace for 31 in 64 games, or 0.48 GPG, which if he hits 31 puts him in the top 14, 16 year old seasons, all time in the WHL. Pretty solid for sure.

Nolan Patrick had 30 in 55 games, or a 0.55 GPG pace, so he's already well above Stankoven's pace.
Reinhart had 28 in 67, Schenn had 28 in 66 and Eberle had 28 in 66 as well.

We will see where he finishes once the season is over. No one is saying that he isn't a solid scorer. I'm just saying I think Sillinger and Guenther are more well rounded players right now.

Ya right now I have those 2 over Stankoven too. But when he is 18 and 19 years old he will be a scoring machine... By the time his junior career is over, I am gonna assume he has very high point totals.

I know many people were saying 70+ points this year as a 16 year old but it's not gonna happen.. next year though he should hit those totals

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Ya right now I have those 2 over Stankoven too. But when he is 18 and 19 years old he will be a scoring machine... By the time his junior career is over, I am gonna assume he has very high point totals.

I know many people were saying 70+ points this year as a 16 year old but it's not gonna happen.. next year though he should hit those totals

I could see him flirting with 100 points easily.

The thing is I still have no idea on his NHL future, just good or star potential?

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012

Stankhoven is on pace for 31 goals and 51 points in 64 games. So that's some pretty good company.

16 yr old WHL season
S.Reinhart: 67-28-34-62
N.Patrick: 55-30-26-56
N.Merkley: 66-25-33-58
B.Point: 67-24-33-57
P.Krebs: 67-17-37-54
D.Cozens: 57-22-31-53

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I could see him flirting with 100 points easily.

The thing is I still have no idea on his NHL future, just good or star potential?

Yeah Kamloops will be a good team for at least a few years as well so he definitely has a chance at hitting some decent totals and really upping his projection on draft day. He's still going to be a short kid coming into the draft though and with how defencemen heavy next years class is I think he will be in the upper end of the top of the class but may drop due to a number of factors height and being a winger key among them.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Yeah Kamloops will be a good team for at least a few years as well so he definitely has a chance at hitting some decent totals and really upping his projection on draft day. He's still going to be a short kid coming into the draft though and with how defencemen heavy next years class is I think he will be in the upper end of the top of the class but may drop due to a number of factors height and being a winger key among them.

He's a natural center and 54% on the draw as a 16. So while agree with the height argument, I don't with the winger argument.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
If he doesn't grow his size will likely prevent him from sticking at C. He is pretty similar to Brendan Gallagher with not quite the same edge to his game but also slightly more skilled of player. His numbers are impressive this year considering he doesn't get 1st PP time but should next year with the graduating players moving on

Reactions: Dominance

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
If he doesn't grow his size will likely prevent him from sticking at C. He is pretty similar to Brendan Gallagher with not quite the same edge to his game but also slightly more skilled of player. His numbers are impressive this year considering he doesn't get 1st PP time but should next year with the graduating players moving on

He's on the 3rd line most of the time as well. He is a great skater and is extremely tenacious.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

Ya his size will be an issue. Sure smaller guys have made it to the NHL before but he is very small. He is already built like a tank and body is mature so in my opinion he wont grow anymore unfortunately. Also, both of his parents are very short. His dad is around 5'8 and his mom is around 5 feet... He is listed at 5'7 but that is still even quite an exaggeration. When you see him off ice, its shocking just how short he is

But by the time he is 18 and 19 years old, I have no doubt in my mind he will be putting up huge points in the WHL. He will be one of the league leaders in points by then

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He's a natural center and 54% on the draw as a 16. So while agree with the height argument, I don't with the winger argument.

Being a natural center in the WHL doesnt mean that you will be a center in the NHL. I'd almost guarantee he will be a winger at the NHL level. There are exactly zero top 6 sub 5'9 centers in the NHL right now. And he is definitely much shorter than 5'9.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Man you are right that preseason poll having them as the 5th best CHL team was dead on and it only took you 5 months to expose me...well only on the point that Kamloops is in the mix for the 5ish best team in the WHL.:bow:

You doubted they'd be a top 5 team in the WHL genius as well.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
You doubted they'd be a top 5 team in the WHL genius as well.

My real problem was that they were ranked in the top 5 in the CHL poll, your comments are so much easier after the fact you get a ribbon for that I guess.

But this thread is about Stankoven so let's get back to that and hope that he continues to develop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad