C Logan Stankoven - Texas, AHL (2021, 47th, DAL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Marv Merchants

Sep 2, 2019
Yes that's just a lazy ranking pure and simple.

How can anyone make a ranking from preseason results in the first place?:help:
People who follow hockey more than you. You just look at box scores.

Hockeydb scout LOL

If you watched those games you'd see Kamloops controlled the play. It's early in the year junior

• Haha
Reactions: Breakfast of Champs

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
People who follow hockey more than you.

This is getting tired, sure it impresses girls at the mall but it really undermines your credibility here.

You just look at box scores.

Yes and we all know that scouts never look at box scores, heck they only look at their notes right?

Hockeydb scout LOL

Don't let your secret out, I use that site as well as the official WHL site and the dub network and other articles.

But you are right most anyone could have used hockeydb and realized that Kamloops was not going to be a top 5 team in the CHL this year at any point.

You perhaps might concede that point and move on.

If you watched those games you'd see Kamloops controlled the play. It's early in the year junior

If the criteria for commenting on anything around here is limited to the actual games each poster watches there would be about 99.9% less posts than there are now and that would be for most everyone including yourself right?

for the record here is a more accurate and reasonable ranking for Kamloops

https://thehockeywriters.com/whl-preview-predictions-2019-20/

He has Kamloops listed 6th in the WHL

Also here is another good look at the Kamloops Blazers.

2019-20 WHL Season Preview: BC Division | Prince Albert Daily Herald

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
The reality is, they will probably finish top 5 in the Conference. Next season though is where they COULD be one of the top teams.

What's more alarming is, it's the same thing to start every year and with different coaching staffs.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
6 points in 6 games (3+3) 15 SOG and 57% FO
-pretty good start for 2021 draft eligible 16 year old player

Still at 6 points in 14 games, seems to have hit a bit of a wall offensively. Definitely a highly skilled player, but I think we can shut down hopes of an 85 point season like a few on here were suggesting.

Looking forward to watching a few games of his at the U17s this upcoming weekend.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Still at 6 points in 14 games, seems to have hit a bit of a wall offensively. Definitely a highly skilled player, but I think we can shut down hopes of an 85 point season like a few on here were suggesting.

Looking forward to watching a few games of his at the U17s this upcoming weekend.

Something something something.

Yeah, early on he looked great, now can't catch a break.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

Ya I would say it was pretty obvious he wasn't going to put up that point total... alot of people were getting a little too excited. Sure in a few years I would hope he does, but definately not at 16.

He is highly skilled, but looks like a 16 year old out there.... has his moments when you can see his skill big time but then has moments when you dont notice him for alot of games.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Very impressed with what I saw of Stankoven. He was the best player on the ice in the Canada-Russia game. I doubt he sticks at center due to his size, but as a winger, he can play that Marchand/Gallagher type of under-sized but highly skilled and competitive winger role. I'm always unsure of the skating of smaller players because it needs to be absolutely top-notch for the NHL at less than 5'10, but Stankoven's skating is definitely top-notch, and he has an abundance of skill and energy buzzing around the ice.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Very impressed with what I saw of Stankoven. He was the best player on the ice in the Canada-Russia game. I doubt he sticks at center due to his size, but as a winger, he can play that Marchand/Gallagher type of under-sized but highly skilled and competitive winger role. I'm always unsure of the skating of smaller players because it needs to be absolutely top-notch for the NHL at less than 5'10, but Stankoven's skating is definitely top-notch, and he has an abundance of skill and energy buzzing around the ice.
He’s also already built like a tank, so his height is less of an issue. He’s not so much short as he is compact :D

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’s also already built like a tank, so his height is less of an issue. He’s not so much short as he is compact :D

I understand, but I think that these types of players are always better playing as a winger. Would Marchand be as effective if he's battling face to face in the middle of the ice every shift with players like Kopitar, Barkov, Getzlaf, Matthews and some of the bigger centers as opposed to being an annoyance towards them who might be able to bother them with his competitiveness? I think in a straight matchup, this type of player is going to get rolled due to physicality. As much as these players can look like a tank, they can't pack on 210, 220 pounds, otherwise they are going to lose some shiftiness.

Does Stankoven even play as a center with Kamloops? He was playing RW for Canada.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I understand, but I think that these types of players are always better playing as a winger. Would Marchand be as effective if he's battling face to face in the middle of the ice every shift with players like Kopitar, Barkov, Getzlaf, Matthews and some of the bigger centers as opposed to being an annoyance towards them who might be able to bother them with his competitiveness? I think in a straight matchup, this type of player is going to get rolled due to physicality. As much as these players can look like a tank, they can't pack on 210, 220 pounds, otherwise they are going to lose some shiftiness.

Does Stankoven even play as a center with Kamloops? He was playing RW for Canada.

He is 133/226 at face-offs this season for Blazers (14 games) - was really good early on, then cooled down a lot, now lately picked up again.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
37 points in 50 games so far this season. Definately isnt doing what alot of people on here thought he would do this season.. but has had a decent year.

Has some good games but then goes on long stretches where you dont really notice him. In my opinion he is having a pretty basic 16 year old season for someone that people touted as the next big thing. I know alot of people were predicting 70+ point rookie season but he definately wont be near that. But if he can hit the 40-45 point mark, I'd say that is pretty successful season

Once he is 18/19 years old he should be putting up good numbers though forsure.

I have noticed him falling/falling off of alot of 2021 NHL mock drafts though during this season. Will be a big season for him next year to see how he does

Last edited:

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
37 points in 50 games so far this season. Definately isnt doing what alot of people on here thought he would do this season.. but has had a decent year.

Has some good games but then goes on long stretches where you dont really notice him. In my opinion he is having a pretty basic 16 year old season for someone that people touted as the next big thing. I know alot of people were predicting 70+ point rookie season but he definately wont be near that. But if he can hit the 40-45 point mark, I'd say that is pretty successful season

I have noticed him falling/falling off of alot of 2021 NHL mock drafts though during this season. Will be a big season for him next year to see how he does

It was really only a handful of posters here doing that - all in all Stankoven is having an amazing 16yo season and could still go really high in the draft next year - he just won't get anything like 85 points or whatever some people "predicted". As far as I am concerned he has always been seen as an elite player for his age and that shouldn't change. He clearly is not on the level of Stamkos/Hall/MacKinnon etc were which is what it takes to be an 85 point guy at 16, but he is certainly still a top prospect for 2021.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012

A "decent season" even with dissapearing a few games at a time, he has 23 goals so far. Pretty damn good I'd say for a 16 year old kid.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Yeah it was only a few homer posters that were saying those kinds of things and oddly enough they all seem to be pretty quiet about him. Usually when someone just comes here to tout one player,then disappears, while putting down everyone that disagrees with them, probably know the kid and thought he was the best young player they had seen at that point without really seeing much else. It's so common around here that it's easy to spot the homers.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Yeah Sillinger and Guenther look pretty good if not better some nights. I really like Sillingers game.

Ya I'd say everyone would agree that both Sillinger and Guenther have been more impressive that Stankoven this season. Sillinger is a very special player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad