C Logan Stankoven - Texas, AHL (2021, 47th, DAL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Now i'm not hating or whatever but... Stankoven is less than year older what Wright
who himself is actually playing well in the AHL, with some consistency issues.

6 foot 1 / 200 lbs - 4th overall - 2nd year pro
Shane Wright, 20 | 17+13=30 (38 games)

vs

5 foot 7 / 170 lbs - 47h overall - 1st year pro
Stankoven, 20 | 20+30=50 (38 games)
Ok

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
It will be interesting next year. Pavs, Duchene and Smith are all UFA. They only have to pay Dellandrea, Harley, Hankanpaa and Lundqvist. Doubt they resign Steel. Plenty of spots. Wouldn’t surprise me if they put him with Johnston and Hintz right out the gate. I expect 40 in the Stank Bank and Calder in hand by Christmas ‘25. I don’t think it’s a reach either.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It will be interesting next year. Pavs, Duchene and Smith are all UFA. They only have to pay Dellandrea, Harley, Hankanpaa and Lundqvist. Doubt they resign Steel. Plenty of spots. Wouldn’t surprise me if they put him with Johnston and Hintz right out the gate. I expect 40 in the Stank Bank and Calder in hand by Christmas ‘25. I don’t think it’s a reach either.

Steel is an RFA still and he's been fantastic for us. Unless he wants a big payday, odds are good he will remain a Star for at least another year or two.

There will still be room for both Bourque and Stankoven in the top 9.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Steel is an RFA still and he's been fantastic for us. Unless he wants a big payday, odds are good he will remain a Star for at least another year or two.

There will still be room for both Bourque and Stankoven in the top 9.
Robertson - Hintz - Johnston
Marchment - Duchene* - Seguin
Benn - Stankoven - Bourque
Steel - Faksa/Dellandrea - Smith/Pavelski*

That’s fire.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Fortunately or unfortunately depending on your viewpoint, Harley has been fire and is coming off his ELC. He's going to have to be paid which sucks more money away to be able to re-sign Duchene. Stank and Bourque would really help Dallas' cap crunch but Pavs would almost certainly be gone as would Faska and Dadanov to make the cap work and bring in a defenseman.

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
Just tragic losses…poor Jim has his work cut out.

Just call me “Daddy” is an odd nickname and he’s 35 in March. He has a shot at a 5th 20 goal season. He hit 70 points…6 years ago. He had a nice little run, but it’s time to hit the F—-ing road.

Faksa is 30 now. He’s barrelling toward a 18 point season and his hits are way way down. I never understood the appeal. Road. Buh-bye.

Easy decision city.

Get these guys up.

And further you are enjoy the Harley “problem” very much…lol

Reactions: GordieHowYaDoin

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Just tragic losses…poor Jim has his work cut out.

Just call me “Daddy” is an odd nickname and he’s 35 in March. He has a shot at a 5th 20 goal season. He hit 70 points…6 years ago. He had a nice little run, but it’s time to hit the F—-ing road.

Faksa is 30 now. He’s barrelling toward a 18 point season and his hits are way way down. I never understood the appeal. Road. Buh-bye.

Easy decision city.

Get these guys up.

And further you are enjoy the Harley “problem” very much…lol
Contracts, how do they work? Dallas can't just waive them and be done. They both have some NTC coverage and an additional year on their deals.

Not that I believe for a second that Nill would just waive them but even if he could the money has to come off the books not just be dead cap space in Cedar Park.

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
Oh, Shit - I thought the Dadanov and Faksa deals were done at the end of this year - I see they’re both under for ‘24/‘25. That’s 12 months too much for both. And there is work to do.

Not signing Smith is an easy decision - not signing Pavelski and Duchene are tougher. Has Joe stated he wants to play his 40th age year?…yes, of course he does…right?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
AHL
CZ Extra League
DEL
KHL
NL
SHL
Sm-Liiga

top 10 in points

1, Nikita Gusev, 31 - 73 points (1.28 ppg - KHL
2, Reid Boucher, 30 - 70 points (1.30 ppg) - KHL
3. Nikolay Goldobin, 28 - 69 points (1.19 ppg) - KHL
4. Jordan Weal, 31 - 64 points (1.10 ppg) - KHL
5. Vladimir Tkaychov, 28 - 62 points (1.32 ppg) - KHL
6. Ryan Spooner, 32 - 54 points (1.00 ppg) - KHL
7. Calvin Thurkauf, 26 - 52 points (1.18 ppg) - NL
8. Kirill Pilipenko, 27 - 52 points (0.98 ppg - KHL
9. Alexander Chemelevski, 24 - 51 points (0.89 ppg) - KHL
10. Logan Stankoven, 20 - 50 points (1.30 ppg) - AHL

top 10 in ppg (at least 70% of teams games played)

1. Tkaychov 1.32 ppg
2. Boucher 1.30 ppg
3. Stankoven 1.30 ppg
4. Gusev 1.28 ppg
5. Mavrik Bourque, 22 - 1.21 ppg - AHL
6. Anton Levtchi, 28 - 1.20 ppg - Sm-Liiga
7. Goldobin 1.19 ppg
8. Mark Jankowski, 29 - 1.19 ppg - AHL
9. Daniel Carr, 32 - 1.19 ppg - NL
10. Thurkauf 1.18 ppg

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Amid a bunch of impressive things regarding Stankoven's year - his age, this being his first pro season, his size - is that he's produced the most primary points 5-on-5 in the AHL thus far this year. He's not sopping up PP points or 2ndary assists... he drives play. Hoping he gets more than just a look now that there is an opening in Dallas.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Oh, Shit - I thought the Dadanov and Faksa deals were done at the end of this year - I see they’re both under for ‘24/‘25. That’s 12 months too much for both. And there is work to do.

Not signing Smith is an easy decision - not signing Pavelski and Duchene are tougher. Has Joe stated he wants to play his 40th age year?…yes, of course he does…right?
I wonder if both of their respective situations make it a little, if not a lot, easier. Pavelski being as old as time itself, isn't he able to sign a contract that's primarily performance bonuses and then Dallas can soak the overages in 25/26 when Benn expires? And then maybe Duchene gives them a bit of a break given he's owed like $12 million from Nashville over the next couple seasons

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I saw him play in Milwaukee on Saturday, I thought he was the best player on the ice. He scored a goal with a shot that looked like an NHL scorer shooting it, and had a couple of nice set-ups. I was surprised that he was playing the point on the PP, that tells you that the coaching staff really trusts his game sense, because obviously as a tiny forward there is some risk to that. He really did what small players have to do in the offensive zone, which is to get lost and able to sneak into high scoring areas. I would say the one knock is he tried to hold onto the puck to long and ended up on his ass a couple of times in the process, one being a really bad turnover at the blueline, that is the kind of stuff he probably did with ease in juniors, can occasionally do it at the AHL but won't be able to at the NHL level. But ya, after seeing him it wasn't surprising that he's one of the best offensive players in the AHL.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Stankoven should get more hype. The Dallas Stars should get more hype. But geography (Dallas isn't close to other teams), market (not a traditional cold weather &/or Canadian locale), and convenience bias (70% of the hockey media is in Canada, other 30% is mostly in the Northeast US, thus Dallas gets ignored more) lead to Stankoven not getting the hype train he deserves.

Stankoven isn't a soft perimeter player that we sometimes overhype pre/post draft, he's a bulldog and finds ways to get the job done every time. Remember, he was right there with Guenther (2021, 9th) and Sillinger (2021, 12th) in u17 Dub scoring back in 2019-20, he was a known quantity before COVID hit. Dallas really lucked out since Gaglardi owns the Kamloops Blazers, plus they saw Stankoven play right in their backyard in Dallas/Frisco for the 2021 U18 during the pandemic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad