C Logan Stankoven - Texas, AHL (2021, 47th, DAL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Can't wait to see him make his NHL debut, whenever that may be. Pure bulldog who produces every level he's at. Everyone should love him, from the analytics nerds (Dom, Shayna, etc) to the old school eye test types (Kypreos, Grapes, etc).

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Dallas prospects don't get much hype.
We need more Stars fans to hype him up. We need more Stars fans in general. I know hockey is niche, football is #1, 2, and 3 in Texas, and you won't have many "hockey first" fans, but the Stars are so fun most of the time (despite some mild underachieving at points).

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
We need more Stars fans to hype him up. We need more Stars fans in general. I know hockey is niche, football is #1, 2, and 3 in Texas, and you won't have many "hockey first" fans, but the Stars are so fun most of the time (despite some mild underachieving at points).

It's taking time, but Dallas is transforming more and more into a hockey city. There are now several NHLers who spent much of their youth career playing in Dallas. The infrastructure is there and still growing.

As the Stars have more success, the fanbase will grow in turn.

It's not just needing more Stars' fans either, it's that the major media outlets don't really focus on most southern teams until they have to.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
It's taking time, but Dallas is transforming more and more into a hockey city. There are now several NHLers who spent much of their youth career playing in Dallas. The infrastructure is there and still growing.

As the Stars have more success, the fanbase will grow in turn.

It's not just needing more Stars' fans either, it's that the major media outlets don't really focus on most southern teams until they have to.
Well we knew that. The Canadian media (about 70% of the hockey media) doesn't care about US teams most of the time, especially Sunbelt/Southern US teams, while the US media (concentrated in New York & Boston) tends to overcover the Northeast US teams.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
God willing, Dallas' football team will hopefully continue to lose in the playoffs for the rest of eternity so that the hockey team can rise. :laugh:

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Are he and/or Bourque going to get a sniff this season? Didn't realize how exceptionally healthy Dallas has been, gotta think if they wind up needing him he doesn't go down again

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Are he and/or Bourque going to get a sniff this season? Didn't realize how exceptionally healthy Dallas has been, gotta think if they wind up needing him he doesn't go down again

Without injuries? Doubtful. We have a ridiculously tight cap situation, and Nill loves to let his prospects ripen in the AHL.

We have been unbelievably healthy the past year and a half, especially at forward. Which is particularly strange when you look at the age distribution of our forwards and their extensive injury histories.

We pretty much unanimously agree that once either player gets a call up, they're gonna stick. Which may also be part of Nill's hesitation, as it would force another move to be made.

We're very comfortable with our top 13 forwards right now, and there are clear spots to open up soon for both Bourque and Stankoven (Duchene is a UFA after this year, Dadonov and Pavelski will be evaluated this offseason, and there will always be 4th line spots available in the future).

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
After scoring 3 points in 5 games, Logan has scored 4 goals, 7 points in his last 5 games.
So that slump was a short one.

=

19 goals and just 3 points shy of 50 point mark (37 games).

Bourque's right on his heels, too.

Would be very cool if they ended up 1-2 at season's end.

Cooler still if Texas can go on a deep playoff run.
they have had an up and down season so far

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
I am a huge Stankoven fan but he has blown past my expectations for this season. I anticipated a PPG of 0.7-0.9 as it is such a low scoring league and it is a big adjustment to the AHL from junior hockey. Incredible.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

Mccormick big p***y.

This is so good goal from him, (S)Tanky is just so good player.

3-point night. Capped it off with the OT winner with 5.3 seconds left. First AHL player to hit 50 points on the season, and he's a rookie.

He's not an AHL player by any means and shouldn't be down there.
Indeed.

This what probably would have happened if Hawks sent Brinksy to the AHL in his rookie season.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Now i'm not hating or whatever but... Stankoven is less than year older what Wright
who himself is actually playing well in the AHL, with some consistency issues.

6 foot 1 / 200 lbs - 4th overall - 2nd year pro
Shane Wright, 20 | 17+13=30 (38 games)

vs

5 foot 7 / 170 lbs - 47h overall - 1st year pro
Stankoven, 20 | 20+30=50 (38 games)

Reactions: lakai17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad