C Logan Stankoven - Texas, AHL (2021, 47th, DAL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Matt Duchene on Stankoven:

Yeah you can tell he's got it. I mean, you can tell he's going to be a really good player in this league for a long time. And obviously with the depth we have, he might get a little bit later start than he might deserve, but I think he's going to have a huge year wherever he's at, wherever he starts. You can tell why he's had success in the past, and like I said he just has it, whatever it is that makes great players great. He has it.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Lot of parallels between that ‘88 Flames team and the current Stars team. It’s even closer when you consider Fleury and Stankoven. Theo might be the perfect comparison for Stank. Sensational Jr career, undersized, high motor, fan favourite, leader, etc. That’s a really interesting comparable.
Except that Stank isn't an mentally unhinged person.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I hope he gets called up later this year.

I wouldn't want to see this become a Matthew Phillips Situation again.
I would honestly just let him get a complete full AHL season.. no call ups. This is a big step for him going from junior domination to playing pros... Let him do his thing in the AHL and get used to the bigger opponents and build alot of confidence

Absolutely no reason to rush him at all

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I would honestly just let him get a complete full AHL season.. no call ups. This is a big step for him going from junior domination to playing pros... Let him do his thing in the AHL and get used to the bigger opponents and build alot of confidence

Absolutely no reason to rush him at all
Yup. We are years away from this becoming even remotely a Matthew Phillips situation and he’s a completely different level of prospect.

The Stars are deep, veteran and have a really strong top 9. There is no reason to yo-yo the Stanky man for 4th line minutes here and there. Plus Bourque is probably just as deserving for a call-up. If there’s an injury crisis - sure, you could see one or both get extended looks. But zero reason to rush it. Him playing a full year in the AHL doesn’t mean he’s “behind” every similarly aged prospect who is in the NHL right now. It’s just situational and may be in the long run for the best anyways.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
Both he and Bourque are sitting at 2G and 2A through 3 games while playing on the top line for the Texas Stars. They seem to have great chemistry already.

Yup. We are years away from this becoming even remotely a Matthew Phillips situation and he’s a completely different level of prospect.

The Stars are deep, veteran and have a really strong top 9. There is no reason to yo-yo the Stanky man for 4th line minutes here and there. Plus Bourque is probably just as deserving for a call-up. If there’s an injury crisis - sure, you could see one or both get extended looks. But zero reason to rush it. Him playing a full year in the AHL doesn’t mean he’s “behind” every similarly aged prospect who is in the NHL right now. It’s just situational and may be in the long run for the best anyways.

Just curious: who do you guys consider the better prospect between those two? Or about the same?

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I hope he gets called up later this year.

I wouldn't want to see this become a Matthew Phillips Situation again.

Probably won't get called up, Dallas is too deep and if there is injury they will call up Bourque first as a Center, better defensively and more adaptable to special teams.

This isn't a Fraser Minten situation like in Toronto where the team has a serious lack up depth so a mediocre prospect can make the team.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Is the road block to the NHL for this pkayer his size and lack of speed? He’s a skilled and feisty player.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Is the road block to the NHL for this pkayer his size and lack of speed? He’s a skilled and feisty player.

The road block is:

Roope Hintz
Jason Robertson
Joe Pavelski
Jamie Benn
Wyatt Johnston
Evgeni Dadanov
Matt Duchene
Tyler Seguin
Mason Marchment
Radek Faksa
Ty Dellandrea
Craig Smith

In terms of skill, he probably beats 4 of those guys, but they are better suited to a bottom 6 role than him, plus of course waivers/contracts come in to play. The only reason he isn't in the NHL is because Dallas is deep as hell.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The road block is:

Roope Hintz
Jason Robertson
Joe Pavelski
Jamie Benn
Wyatt Johnston
Evgeni Dadanov
Matt Duchene
Tyler Seguin
Mason Marchment
Radek Faksa
Ty Dellandrea
Craig Smith

In terms of skill, he probably beats 4 of those guys, but they are better suited to a bottom 6 role than him, plus of course waivers/contracts come in to play. The only reason he isn't in the NHL is because Dallas is deep as hell.
Understood. Stankoven is either a top six winger of he’s in the W or the A. Or he’s traded to another club?

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
Just curious: who do you guys consider the better prospect between those two? Or about the same?
In the HFStars community rankings, Stankoven won our top prospect poll with 92.6 of the vote. He's pretty clearly viewed as the superior prospect but that's no slight on Bourque. I think that most of us believe that he will end up being a quality 2nd line center with 70 point upside.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad