C Logan Stankoven - Texas, AHL (2021, 47th, DAL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Yea, it is a great name. More fun to call him stank-oven than stan-koven so I do.

Reactions: Ulysses31

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
He sure likes to shoot. Could run up some big numbers playing alongside a good playmaker.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I'm more excited for Stankoven than I have been for any other Stars' prospect except Heiskanen.

Once he adjusts to the NHL, he's going to be so much fun to watch. There's nothing not to like.
Wyatt Johnston has been better than Stankhoven for a couple of years now.. Bourque is close too if he can stay healthy.

• Haha
Reactions: Lavar Ball

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Wyatt Johnston has been better than Stankhoven for a couple of years now.. Bourque is close too if he can stay healthy.

I didn't say he was better than them as prospects. Johnston is absolutely a better player. But Stankoven has an "it" factor about him that makes him more exciting to me.

Reactions: slumpy43

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
How would you guys describe his hitting game—is he an opportunistic hitter, or someone who consistently engages contact trying to get the puck back? I've seen the highlights of some of his big hits and just wondering what kind of volume he brings to the table.

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
With Dadonov, Pavelski, Seguin, Benn, Marchment, Duchene, etc. in the fold it appears that unfortunately Stank has no path to a top nine spot this year.

Will he force a trade or will he just quickly develop in Cedar Park and spend the year in the A (almost like a forced initiation)? Having watched him as much as I could the last couple years he looked like the type of prospect who could walk on. The Duchene move was a surprise (although a bargain).

What’s the thinking now?

Reactions: wetcoast

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
With Dadonov, Pavelski, Seguin, Benn, Marchment, Duchene, etc. in the fold it appears that unfortunately Stank has no path to a top nine spot this year.

Will he force a trade or will he just quickly develop in Cedar Park and spend the year in the A (almost like a forced initiation)? Having watched him as much as I could the last couple years he looked like the type of prospect who could walk on. The Duchene move was a surprise (although a bargain).

What’s the thinking now?
I think a year in the A is best for Logan anyhow. Dallas is playing this correctly for his development.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I think a year in the A is best for Logan anyhow. Dallas is playing this correctly for his development.
He will 100% spend this upcoming season in the AHL. Yes he was a very good player in junior but he needs to be eased in slowly into pro hockey. Take it year by year in the AHL to determine if/when he becomes NHL ready.

Zero reason to try to rush him

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
He could still make the team, Marchment isn't some beast that is locked in that spot he could easily get pushed to the 4th line especially with how he played last season/playoffs.

Not saying it's likely, but there is still an opportunity.

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
Lot of parallels between that ‘88 Flames team and the current Stars team. It’s even closer when you consider Fleury and Stankoven. Theo might be the perfect comparison for Stank. Sensational Jr career, undersized, high motor, fan favourite, leader, etc. That’s a really interesting comparable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad