C Logan Stankoven - Texas, AHL (2021, 47th, DAL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
sure he is really small to be a center in the NHL but his face-off skills are so good so why not, right?
crazier things has happened..

0+2 (both primary), 3 sog and 13/17 at the dot (77%)
In the past Dallas had very often used wingers for faceoffs if there is a handedness advantage or if the center is young and or struggling.

I could absolutely see stank ending up as a RW but still taking some of the faceoffs

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Dallas basically has two players on every line that can take draws (depending on the lines).

Hintz/Pavelski
Benn/Johnston/Dellandrea
Faksa/Glendenning
Seguin

Add Stankoven to that mix next year.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
To me Stankoven was good enough to play in the NHL this season, but I suspect the fact that Dallas' owner also owns the Kamloops Blazers who are hosting the Memorial Cup has played into the fact that he's been left in the WHL to absolutely shred that league.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
To me Stankoven was good enough to play in the NHL this season...
I disagree. He was pretty unimpressive in the preseason, frequently looking outmatched. Considering most of the people he was playing against weren't even NHL regulars, there would have been a long adjustment period.

Leaving a prospect in juniors an extra year never hurt anyone (that I'm aware of), but rushing them into the NHL has ruined plenty. Why take the risk if you don't have to?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
We also kept Johnston up. If he wasn't there, Stankoven probably gets at least a 9 game NHL stint.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
To me Stankoven was good enough to play in the NHL this season, but I suspect the fact that Dallas' owner also owns the Kamloops Blazers who are hosting the Memorial Cup has played into the fact that he's been left in the WHL to absolutely shred that league.
I'm a massive Stankoven fan and have watched him live many times over the years and he wouldn't have been able to play in the NHL this season. Definately not NHL ready yet.

This is one of those situations where the AHL would have been perfect for his development this season.

Reactions: account deactivated

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Got hurt last night. Hopefully nothing too serious... Post game the coach said it's a day to day/week to week injury

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
What a shame he got hurt. It's Logan Stankoven charity night this Saturday. Hope he can somehow make this game but obviously doubtful. It's also his bobblehead night on Saturday, so if he can't play, there will at least be 5,000 mini-Stanks in attendance! I'm certainly going to get my bobblehead!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad