C Conor Geekie - Swift Current Broncos, WHL (2022, 11th, ARI; traded to TBL)

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
He's one of my favourites in the draft, I hope he develops really well and becomes a 1st line calibre center for Arizona. He has a long way to go, and the skating has to improve a lot, but something about the way he plays the game appeals to me and always has.

It's funny that Bill Armstrong said ''if you saw him on his best nights, you had this kid in your top 5.'' I actually did at one point, but I dropped him to about where the yotes ended up taking him.

Reactions: CoSi

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Hope Geekie isn’t seriously injured. Don’t know why someone is throwing hip checks at a prospect camp.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Hope Geekie isn’t seriously injured. Don’t know why someone is throwing hip checks at a prospect camp.

Oh that’s the worst. We had Dylan Cozens break his thumb at one of these camps and then Matthias Samuelsson was injured in a prospects tournament and missed a bunch of time.

hope this is as good a result as possible for him

Reactions: CoSi and SI90

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Is the skating and poor playoff production anything to be concerned about?

His skating isn't horrible but it needs refining and he is young enough that it can get better.

I also wouldn't read too much into his playoff stats as a draft eligible player, if it was his D+1 or D+2 year then it might be a concern.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Is the skating and poor playoff production anything to be concerned about?
They’re both related to the same issue, which is consistency. People have it all wrong when they say Geekie can’t skate. He absolutely can. I’ve seen him look like a fantastic skater for his size. It’s not the the can’t skate. The problem is when he doesn’t skate. Which is far too often. When he’s on his game, he’s dominant in all the ways a center can be. When he’s not engaged, he’s a waste of space.

He’ll be a steal at 11th if he finds some consistency. If he doesn’t become consistent, he’ll bust entirely.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Awaiting the return of my beloved team
Nov 14, 2018
9 points in 10 games seems like a slow start for a top 6 center with his physical tools, no?

Winnipeg fans, is there something up with him? We noticed he plays a lot with Nash, is that holding him back possibly?

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
9 points in 10 games seems like a slow start for a top 6 center with his physical tools, no?

Winnipeg fans, is there something up with him? We noticed he plays a lot with Nash, is that holding him back possibly?
I think he played well. But ice's 1st line created most of points, maybe he just was less used than top line? I don't know where I can find the TOI stats.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
How did Geekie get cut from Canada? +20 on one of the best junior teams today.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
How did Geekie get cut from Canada? +20 on one of the best junior teams today.
It's a deep pool that Team Canada can draw from and they have their preferences. Kinda weird that neither Geekie nor Savoie got invited. Similar to how Brandt Clarke wasn't invited last year or how Dragicevic wasn't invited to the Hlinka.

We don't get to hear their reasons.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Highly underrated A level prospect.
29775868-F9A6-4D73-99D4-C28AA453AA1E.jpeg

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
I really wanted this guy with the Habs, but unfortunately it didn't line up with the picks they had. I think he will be slow to make it to the NHL but will be definitely worth the wait. I don't think he'll reach those high point totals but he's also someone who's production will not drop in the playoffs. One to watch for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad