C Conor Geekie - Swift Current Broncos, WHL (2022, 11th, ARI; traded to TBL)

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Not sure if this guy will pan out. He seems to be a little to "Geeky"

homer-simson-the-simpsons.gif

Drums= "BA Dum Tss"​

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Maybe even AHL after that. He is a project with very high potential
They gave up quite a bit to move up and get him so hopefully he pans out as worth it.

Either way the Yotes future is bright with Colley and Guenther at least.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's hard to rate this guy. He has obvious size and hands but it just doesn't translate into the numbers you'd think it would.

While it is a pretty deep team other players on the team have little trouble posting big numbers.

Reactions: wetcoast

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
It's hard to rate this guy. He has obvious size and hands but it just doesn't translate into the numbers you'd think it would.

While it is a pretty deep team other players on the team have little trouble posting big numbers.
Savoie consistently gets much better wingers to work with on his line. That should be factored in.

But I still expected Geekie to have more of an impact this year.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg

Savoie consistently gets much better wingers to work with on his line. That should be factored in.

But I still expected Geekie to have more of an impact this year.
I suspect another piece of it is limited PP time. Not sure if those stats are publicly available though.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Geekie has unfortunately not taken a step forward this year. He’s pretty much been where he was at last year. Yes the ice are deep, but that’s not really an issue for me. The ice split their PP evenly 50/50 in games for the most part so you can’t really look at that either. Obviously they lean Benson’s line on the PP first but they only spend 1:00 usually and change.

Having said all this, I have thought he’s been more effective recently with his line of Armstrong and Latimer (Sens prospect).

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hes so good when hes on lol. Its a shame he may never realize his full potential.

If someone could find a way to push his buttons to "on" regularly (and that includes himself doing it), he could be amazing. But my, he is so sleepy so often.

Reactions: Mrb1p

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
If someone could find a way to push his buttons to "on" regularly (and that includes himself doing it), he could be amazing. But my, he is so sleepy so often.
I said it his whole draft year, he’s so hot and cold. Shift to shift, game to game and week to week. That’s the “project” part of this “project pick” - will he be able to find consistency? It’s a good gamble. I had him ranked 11th on my list. Unbelievable upside. Lots of risk. Will take a long time.

Reactions: Bubbles

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I said it his whole draft year, he’s so hot and cold. Shift to shift, game to game and week to week. That’s the “project” part of this “project pick” - will he be able to find consistency? It’s a good gamble. I had him ranked 11th on my list. Unbelievable upside. Lots of risk. Will take a long time.

Yeah, there is runway there, for sure. It's nights like this where he turns the game with his combo of physical and skill wins games that just tantilizes.

Reactions: BerthMania

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve

Very accurate. I've watched him all playoffs and he's either on or just completely invisible. Compare him with Lambert who has been electric pretty much every game.

Tonight for example I wasn't sure he was even playing.

Reactions: wetcoast
Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
Very accurate. I've watched him all playoffs and he's either on or just completely invisible. Compare him with Lambert who has been electric pretty much every game.

Tonight for example I wasn't sure he was even playing.

Yeah from what I seen, lesser known guys like Latimer have made more of an impact

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Damn. That's a shame. He's still young, though, so maybe that work ethic will come in time, but it's usually a big red flag when motivation is an issue. It's already hard enough to make the NHL.

I can see why Adams would go for Savoie who, from what I've read, has a motor that never stops. Geekie is enticing as hell, though. Definitely can't write him off yet, obviously!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad