C Connor McDavid (2015, 1st, EDM) VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
The Gens had the luxury of having 2-3 guys on him at all times. That can't happen in the NHL. If you have 2-3 guys on McDavid that would leave Hall open.

Being doubled team in the OHL is like being single teamed in the NHL. The quality of players is just night and day.

RandR

May 15, 2011
So the league didn't notice they put the 99 on backwards before handing it out? Wow!
The picture shows the back of the trophy. Turn it around and that's a 99.

(Sorry if you were just making a joke. Hard to tell on a message board.)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Says Eerie will come back from a 3-1 series deficit and win, goes 0g,0a,0p,-3 the next game :/

If you watched the game you would've seen that they lost because of the disparity in goaltending and a disallowed goal. McDavid had his chances, Appleby however did his part and then some. However if it makes you sleep better at night because his team lost and he didn't put up any points fill your boots.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
It seems that a lot of people here don't watch junior hockey much. Teams that get far are stacked out of their minds. Erie only has pretty much McDavid and Strome (who was injured). They had no business being in the OHL finals.

Hockey is a team sport, both in the NHL and junior.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
It seems that a lot of people here don't watch junior hockey much. Teams that get far are stacked out of their minds. Erie only has pretty much McDavid and Strome (who was injured). They had no business being in the OHL finals.

It's just symptomatic of HFBoards. Nothing more could've been expected from McDavid, and the MVP was well deserved.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Being doubled team in the OHL is like being single teamed in the NHL. The quality of players is just night and day.
Not really. A guy like Josh Brown is so hard to beat one on one because of his reach and height. He could play in the AHL this season IMO. McDavid couldn't beat Brown but if you take away McDavid's time and space then you give him no room to get around you. That's how you have to play against McDavid, same thing with all great players. They didn't need 2-3 players to shutdown McDavid.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Playing against guys a little older and bigger than him definitely hurt him. It will be interesting how long it take him to transition into NHL. If he struggled with the D for Oshawa, it could be a lengthy transition.

He didn't really struggle at all unless you just looked at the statline and didn't watch the game. Had a boatload of chances, hit the post, had several very close in chances and got robbed on a breakaway.

I doubt that he will have a "lengthy" transition to the NHL based on how he performed in the Oshawa series. He was still dominant, just didn't cash in on the chances and Appleby played great.

Last edited:

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto

I really don't think you guys understand how deep Erie actually was.... Oshawa is one of the deepest teams I've ever seen in the OHL.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I really don't think you guys understand how deep Erie actually was.... Oshawa is one of the deepest teams I've ever seen in the OHL.

Yeah. Erie is an imperfect team but the notion that they're just McDavid and Strome is a massive exaggeration. Oshawa is as deep as it gets, so that can make Erie look thin in comparison, but Erie was a strong team all season. The biggest issue is the goaltending just wasn't nearly up to par for a championship team.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
The Generals winning make McDavid's season look even better. Lost to the team that won the Memorial Cup.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Could be around 6'1, 200-205 when he fills out fully, looks like there's still a lot of weight he could add to his frame.

Tested pretty well I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad