C Connor McDavid (2015, 1st, EDM) VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Congrats to the Gens they'll be tough to beat in the Mem cup.

At least from an Oil fan perspective we won't be torn on what team to cheer for in the Memorial Cup. I think most would have cheered for 97, but I think I would have been inclined to cheer for the Rockets given they represent the dub.

Hopefully Drai can take his game to another level and help the Rockets prevail. He'll have to.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Undeserved playoff MVP. Great player.

Should have gone to Cassels or Appleby.

:help:

49 points in 21 games. With very little support.

Even someone on your level of ignorance can't argue with that.

To be honest I didn't even know it could go to a member of the losing team. Just makes it even more impressive.

Aceonfire*

Undeserved playoff MVP. Great player.

Should have gone to Cassels or Appleby.

Get over it. He almost broke the playoff scoring record.

Applebees was great, but the Generals were older and had more depth.

Hitman77

May 6, 2015
Damn....

Well, I wonder if the Oilers announce the pick now.

Start selling them jerseys.

Why is Strome crying... He was ****, in this game, in this series, and in the playoffs as a whole.

Anyways.

Congrats to the Gens they'll be tough to beat in the Mem cup.

Strome was absolutely invisible. I wouldn't be surprised if his draft stock plummeted.

Shwaguy*

If you truly think this, you need to go back to your rightful spot under the bridge.

If you think the Gens would have been as dominant without Cassels I dunno what to tell you. McDavid was amazing but his team got crushed in 5 games and while he was Erie's best player Cassels was still better than him, even when Oshawa was the better team.

I remember when everyone said it was a guarantee he'd break the playoff scoring record and that never happened.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
If you think the Gens would have been as dominant without Cassels I dunno what to tell you. McDavid was amazing but his team got crushed in 5 games and while he was Erie's best player Cassels was still better than him, even when Oshawa was the better team.

I remember when everyone said it was a guarantee he'd break the playoff scoring record and that never happened.
MVP is for the entire playoffs.

Carl33

Aug 25, 2007
It's a shame though. This was likely McDavid's last chance to ever win a team championship outside of the Olympics

Dont rule ou:Dt the world championchip, lot of Edmonton players every year

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
The Generals exposed how little depth the Otters had.

McDavid is a beast but he can't do everything, the guy had Cassels, and Hunter Smith draped over him with Josh Brown coming over to help EVERYTIME he had the puck.

Clearly other guys on the Otters must of had space and they couldn't take advantage.

McDavid deserved the MVP CLEARLY

side not: Strome is so overrated.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
The Generals exposed how little depth the Otters had.

McDavid is a beast but he can't do everything, the guy had Cassels, and Hunter Smith draped over him with Josh Brown coming over to help EVERYTIME he had the puck.

Clearly other guys on the Otters must of had space and they couldn't take advantage.

McDavid deserved the MVP CLEARLY

side not: Strome is so overrated.

I agree with this completely...good post

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
The "Erie had no depth" comments are baloney. McDavid is a tremendous player but they needed depth to get this far.

Look at tonight, Erie scored two goals (really three, no idea how DeBrincat's got waved off) that McDavid wasn't involved in. He had quite a few good chances tonight and just didn't happen to finish, plus Appleby is a solid goalie.

He absolutely deserves playoff MVP. He elevated the entire team to get them this far. I'm just saying you don't know this team if you think they had "no depth". Oshawa was just a much bigger, stronger, and older team than Erie.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
I didn't realize that 1 round decided the PLAYOFF MVP.

To be fair, it's pretty rare in the NHL when the losing team is awarded the Conn Smythe trophy. In fact, it's only happened to a forward once before. They usually reward the winning team for better or worse.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
To be fair, it's pretty rare in the NHL when the losing team is awarded the Conn Smythe trophy. In fact, it's only happened to a forward once before. They usually reward the winning team for better or worse.

it's also pretty rare for a guy to put up 49 points in 20 games and elevate his team to the finals like this.

I wonder if McDavid will join Canada at the IIHF Championship or take some time off.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
it's also pretty rare for a guy to put up 49 points in 20 games and elevate his team to the finals like this.

I wonder if McDavid will join Canada at the IIHF Championship or take some time off.

The tournament ends Sunday. He wouldn't even get there in time to have a single practice with the team.

His season is over. It's been one for the ages. He should take some time off and enjoy himself a bit.

Aceonfire*

The tournament ends Sunday. He wouldn't even get there in time to have a single practice with the team.

His season is over. It's been one for the ages. He should take some time off and enjoy himself a bit.

Yup he looked gassed.

The combine isn't too far away. He should take the time to collect himself and prepare for the media gong show.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ah alright, wasn't aware of that thanks. Haven't been paying attention to that tournament honestly.

Yeah he really needs the rest at this point. Very excited to see what he can do for Edmonton.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer

Its also pretty rare in the NHL for a player to outscore the rest of the league by almost 20 points and outscore the next player on his team by 24 points in a 20 game sample size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad