C Auston Matthews - ZSC Lions, NLA (2016 Draft) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
If Laine and Puljujärvi keep up the pace or even close to it in the WJC and Matthews is unable to put on another gear, the conversation for the #1 overall will heat up towards the end of the season, especially if one of the two manage to keep on the form after the championships. Great times ahead!

Almost everything is going in for the Finns against suspect competition. Matthews has only played against top nations so far.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Almost everything is going in for the Finns against suspect competition. Matthews has only played against top nations so far.

3 point night for both against Russia, they are just that damm good.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I can't wait for Timo Meier to make the NHL. He'll get that 10inch nose busted open before the 20 minute mark of his first game.

Dirty player.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Auston Matthews is one hell of a great prospect. Wish montreal lose all year, trade the unnecessary vet (Markov and PLekanec) and draft him, and then sign Eric Staal or Okposo or any big UFA. That would be a truly fast rebuild.

sah braise

Dec 24, 2014
He looks absolutely huge on the ice. Honestly looks like prime crosby the way he works the boards and protects the puck

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Absolutely destroying Eichel's WJC performance last year. I said it before the draft, Matthews > Eichel, that Matthews would have gone 2nd if he'd been in last year's draft, and was ridiculed for it on here (heck, I was ridiculed for saying McDavid was significantly ahead of Eichel... a certain Devils fan was absolutely obsessed with calling me a Canadian homer, even though I'd always been high on Matthews).

sah braise

Dec 24, 2014
Absolutely destroying Eichel's WJC performance last year. I said it before the draft, Matthews > Eichel, that Matthews would have gone 2nd if he'd been in last year's draft, and was ridiculed for it on here (heck, I was ridiculed for saying McDavid was significantly ahead of Eichel... a certain Devils fan was absolutely obsessed with calling me a Canadian homer, even though I'd always been high on Matthews).

Well the u.s. team is much better this year in terms of players and coaching. But I think they will be about equally productive at the nhl level, with Eichel maybe being the more flashy type, highlight reel player.

If Matthews had the skating Eichel had, I might say he was the better prospect

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Well the u.s. team is much better this year in terms of players and coaching. But I think they will be about equally productive at the nhl level, with Eichel maybe being the more flashy type, highlight reel player.

If Matthews had the skating Eichel had, I might say he was the better prospect

last year eichels linemates refused to shoot. it was bizarre but it was like they felt they had to defer at all times to eichel so eichel could score all of the usa goals.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Maybe this has been handled in the thread, but does anyone know the correct height? Sometimes listed as 6'2 and for example, at the world juniors, 6'0

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Welcome to Montreal buddy!

Bleu-Blanc-Rouge will look good on you. Our poor man's Jean Beliveau.

lol your team has a long way to go before it sucks as much as half of the Pacific, not to mention the other handful of bottom-dwelling teams kicking around.

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
Not to take anything away from Matthews, but both Laine and Pulju have been far more impressive in this tournament.

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Matthews has been dominant at times. He has been great, not making any big mistakes. Smart and very good player. He is and will be the first overall pick. Laine and Puljujärvi have been very good too though.

behemolari

worst collapse in nhl history
Dec 1, 2011
Matthews has been dominant at times. He has been great, not making any big mistakes. Smart and very good player. He is and will be the first overall pick. Laine and Puljujärvi have been very good too though.

It's still too early to say, but atm Matthews isn't the best player of the tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad