C Auston Matthews - ZSC Lions, NLA (2016 Draft) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015
Just early impressions but it seems to me like we can forget the talks about anyone challenging Matthews for the 1OA for now... Lets see if things change before 2016.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
Just early impressions but it seems to me like we can forget the talks about anyone challenging Matthews for the 1OA for now... Lets see if things change before 2016.

With One game sample size it's way to early to say. I mean with login like that Laine should go 1st oa, When looking Laine's CHL Games..

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015
With One game sample size it's way to early to say. I mean with login like that Laine should go 1st oa, When looking Laine's CHL Games..

It's true that Laine has showed some life as of late. I just liked what I saw in that small clip.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
I see we are starting the under cutting off Matthew's point totals as early as possible.
Nah, he's a really good player and clearly the strongest contender for 1st overall pick in the draft at the moment but he still gets so much hype compared to other players that are just behind him.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011

That's pretty bold. A "minor" stretch, if I may say. As a reminder:

10. Generational Talent - a player for the ages, one who can do things with a puck that no other player would even contemplate doing. Very, very few players will be deserving of this rating, probably one per decade.

Defense: Bobby Orr
Forward: Wayne Gretzky
Goaltender: Patrick Roy

A – All but guaranteed to reach potential - 100 percent metaphysical certitude that the player will play up to his abilities as noted by his potential rating. In this case, the potential rating is multiplied by 100 percent for depth chart purposes, signaling that the player is a lock to reach his given potential.
-------------

What?!

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
That's pretty bold. A "minor" stretch, if I may say. As a reminder:

10. Generational Talent - a player for the ages, one who can do things with a puck that no other player would even contemplate doing. Very, very few players will be deserving of this rating, probably one per decade.

Defense: Bobby Orr
Forward: Wayne Gretzky
Goaltender: Patrick Roy

A – All but guaranteed to reach potential - 100 percent metaphysical certitude that the player will play up to his abilities as noted by his potential rating. In this case, the potential rating is multiplied by 100 percent for depth chart purposes, signaling that the player is a lock to reach his given potential.
-------------

What?!

I think he meant 1st overall, not 10A HF rating.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015

I don't know about that. I've said earlier that it really depends on who's drafting first. The Sabres for example don't really have a need for Matthews so long as Eichel and Reinhart pan out (which as of right now seems likely). I guess you could say that you'd pick him anyway given how good he is and shift one to the wing, but with Chychrun (potential franchise dman) being right there, I don't think it's "a given" that Matthews goes first.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Damage control already huh? Aren't you the guy who doesn't think Matthews is very good?

You might want to visit the theard at the Interantional Tournaments board where the European leagues habe been ranked. Most peopel there have the NLA behind the SHL and Liiga. Among scouts and hjockey journalists/media it's considered to be there, mostly due being behind the Sweidsh and Finnish leagues on the tactical side. As Esa Sirén, who coached in Switzerland, said on Friday on Finnish radio, "it's a skating league."

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
The NLA is horrid. If Matthews doesn't score at a higher pace than Patrick Kane did during the lockout there is no way he is going 1st overall....

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
You guys realize the he hasn't been drafted yet, right? Are we going to start diminishing anything that is done in the CHL and NCAA now because they are also inferior to top professional leagues?

Am I the only one that finds these posts completely devoid of logic?

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
SM Liiga isn't great either. NLA top teams are just as good as the top teams from SM Liiga. Not sure how anyone who knows hockey thinks differently.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
The NLA is horrid. If Matthews doesn't score at a higher pace than Patrick Kane did during the lockout there is no way he is going 1st overall....
Sure there is, but you can continue to compare a center in his draft year to a superstar winger in his prime if you want to be a complete dunce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad