C Auston Matthews - ZSC Lions, NLA (2016 Draft) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

scipio

Apr 21, 2015
Zürich
So are the Zurich Lions scheduled to play in the Spengler Cup this year? If no, can Matthews be loaned to another Swiss team for that tournament?

I'd love to see him playing in that tourney.

Even if Matthews would not play at U20, ZSC would most likely not let him go to play at the Spengler Cup.

There is some controversy around Spengler Cup and I'm pretty sure that the ZSC Lions would not want to support their biggest opponent by letting Matthews play on their tournament.

Looking forward to tonight game :yo:

PS: video from local newspaper, short interview in English...

Last edited:

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Beauty of a goal. He's taken his skating to the next level over the summer, wow. How's he looked?

I've seen posts on here that skating is what gives Eichel the edge over Matthews, had they been in the same draft.

I can't comment on that but he seems pretty quick in this clip. More so than I remember from WJC.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I've seen posts on here that skating is what gives Eichel the edge over Matthews, had they been in the same draft.

I can't comment on that but he seems pretty quick in this clip. More so than I remember from WJC.

Yea, way quicker. He'll never be the powerful skater that Eichel is, but he may very well end up more agile, much like McDavid is.

If he continues to progress like this, than he very well could challenge Eichel, and maybe even McDavid, as the new top young gun in the league.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Yea, way quicker. He'll never be the powerful skater that Eichel is, but he may very well end up more agile, much like McDavid is.

If he continues to progress like this, than he very well could challenge Eichel, and maybe even McDavid, as the new top young gun in the league.

It's one game. I agree his skating looks improved...but it's a stretch to go that far.

However, I agree he is looking like he's in their echelon.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I think he'll be busy around that time of year. Just a hunch.

Exactly.

But if he wouldn't play at the U-20, he could play for all teams at the Spengler Cup...besides Team Canada. ;)

I'm looking forward to watch the highlights of tomorrow's game. :)

Even if Matthews would not play at U20, ZSC would most likely not let him go to play at the Spengler Cup.

There is some controversy around Spengler Cup and I'm pretty sure that the ZSC Lions would not want to support their biggest opponent by letting Matthews play on their tournament.

Looking forward to tonight game :yo:

PS: video from local newspaper, short interview in English...

Oh man, what a brain fart! Thanks folks!

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

I think Eichel's brain will always give him the edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad