C Adam Fantilli - (2023, 3rd, CBJ) Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
He will win it, especially with two Gophers taking away attention from each other.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Very rare for no upper classman
I knew Hutson wouldn't be one because of SOS, and his numbers against tournament teams

Fantilli was the lock
and so was a player for Minnesota
but to have both is new surprise

The only reason he won’t win is because of the sportsmanship part.
Cooley and Fantilli have both been suspended

Last edited:
Reactions: JLFGoNicsGo11

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
2 years ago he already looked 35.

UUYYbSV.png

Does anyone worry he may be benefiting from being more developed than his peers? Sorta like Lafreniere.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA

UUYYbSV.png

Does anyone worry he may be benefiting from being more developed than his peers? Sorta like Lafreniere.
Unlike Lafreniere, Fantilli isn’t facing teenagers. I think Fantilli’s physical attributes have helped him immensely. He’s definitely much more physically mature than most true freshman players. But, it just seems like he has a skillset that should translate well to the NHL. He may not be a 100 point player, but he’ll definitely be able to produce in the NHL.

Reactions: JLFGoNicsGo11

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Lafreniere was playing in the Q, Fantilli NCAA.

I would say that makes a difference
Unlike Lafreniere, Fantilli isn’t facing teenagers. I think Fantilli’s physical attributes have helped him immensely. He’s definitely much more physically mature than most true freshman players. But, it just seems like he has a skillset that should translate well to the NHL. He may not be a 100 point player, but he’ll definitely be able to produce in the NHL.
He is facing a lot of teenagers, the top 5 scorers ages on his team for instance are: 18, 19, 20, 19 & 18. Sure NCAA goes up higher in age than other Junior leagues but the high end guys aren't hanging around there until 24. They're out by 21.

Fantilli was also less than a month away from being a 2022 draft eligible, similarly to Laf whose birthday is only 1 day apart.

Not saying he'll bust but I wonder how much teams are factoring this in when comparing him to other similarly skilled players, there's so much high end talent in this draft I wonder if teams would rather go with guys who have more perceived room to grow

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

UUYYbSV.png

Of course he benefits but I think those benefits will carry over more to the NHL for Fantilli than they did for Lafreniere.

Laf was in that "sweet spot" where he was bigger faster and stronger than his Q opponents but very average compared to NHLers. His motor was average for the Q and now below average in the NHL. Fantilli is going to be very fast in the NHL with a high motor. Likely eventually stronger than average as well, he's got more room left on his frame.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
He is facing a lot of teenagers, the top 5 scorers ages on his team for instance are: 18, 19, 20, 19 & 18. Sure NCAA goes up higher in age than other Junior leagues but the high end guys aren't hanging around there until 24. They're out by 21.

Fantilli was also less than a month away from being a 2022 draft eligible, similarly to Laf whose birthday is only 1 day apart.

Not saying he'll bust but I wonder how much teams are factoring this in when comparing him to other similarly skilled players, there's so much high end talent in this draft I wonder if teams would rather go with guys who have more perceived room to grow
Average age of every NCAA hockey team is between 21-23. Michigan is the youngest team in the league. Average age of QMJHL teams is 18.

Playing against players that are physically mature in their early 20s is more difficult than playing against 17 year olds. It’s a lot easier for a big player that has matured early to look great against younger competitors that have not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prominence

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Average age of every NCAA hockey team is between 21-23. Michigan is the youngest team in the league. Average age of QMJHL teams is 18.

Playing against players that are physically mature players in their early 20s is more difficult than playing against 17 year olds. It’s a lot easier for a big player that has matured early to look great against younger competitors that have not.
Ya I don't think most people realize what the average age of players in NCAA hockey is. Here's a list of every college hockey team's average age for anyone curious

Reactions: Torts and slumpy43

yessir29292

Dec 11, 2021
I’d be totally shocked if he returns. He will be playing in the NHL, and it’s tough to turn down almost a million bucks and get closer to that second contract where the big money is.

His brother is at UM, that is the only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope.
and he comes from money

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH

Not saying he'll bust but I wonder how much teams are factoring this in when comparing him to other similarly skilled players,
there's so much high end talent in this draft I wonder if teams would rather go with guys who have more perceived room to grow
I don't think this is as much of a factor to scouts as some like to think. Fantilli will be a high pick because he's been a high end player since midget AAA.

You're correct there's a lot of high end talent in this draft, but Fantilli is right up there because of how well he plays the game, not because he's a little older than most of his peers.

Reactions: Torts

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

The best NCAA teams are generally 2 years older on average than Junior teams, and these days, there really isn't much (if any) of a "skill gap", for instance, this year, there's like 3-6 guys that will go Top 15 in the Draft coming out of the Major Junior ranks, the days of the Top 7 picks all being from a Major Junior League are gone.

Of the top 4, only Bedard is in the latter part of the draft-eligible year, the other three are all Late 04s, so I don't think that is going to matter too much as everyone knows Bedard is going number 1. Anyone else that's an '05 or born later in the draft year cycle is too far behind from a skills standpoint right now that it's irrelevant. If there were players that were of similar skillset at the moment with one guy that's like 11 months younger than Fantili, then you might consider.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
If a team's scouting dept is factoring in birth month and this idea of "more or less development up to this point", they should be fired lol it's so stupid.

Reactions: NTDP

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Completely invisible in the 1st period. Maybe I gotta quit watching him because that was how he looked in WJC as well

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Well he’s made his presence known in the 2nd, that’s for sure

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Hughes woke up for the 2nd period who was the worst player on the ice for either team in the 1st to set up a nice goal to fantilli

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
He was definitely invisible in the 1st but much better so far in the 2nd. That goal was all Hughes but Fantilli buried it as he normally does on looks like that.

Reactions: Lavar Ball

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad