C Adam Fantilli - (2023, 3rd, CBJ) Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Fully agree. He will turn pro and go on to become a franchise center in the NHL. I think he has more than proven his elite level and silenced most of the critics. I said this before, he would have gone 1st in any other draft within the past five years.
Definitely 2020 and 2022. The others are not as a sure thing. Dahlin and Power have franchise/elite level potential at D which is highly coveted and rare while Jack Hughes is proving he's a superstar in the NHL at 21 years old.

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
Definitely 2020 and 2022. The others are not as a sure thing. Dahlin and Power have franchise/elite level potential at D which is highly coveted and rare while Jack Hughes is proving he's a superstar in the NHL at 21 years old.

Dahlin is the only player I would take ahead of Fantili. Power has number 1 upside but not franchise level. Jack Hughes is certainly a superstar but that is what I expect of Fantilli as well. The only attribute Hughes has over Fantilli is skating (and not by a significant margin). Their IQ and how they read the game are very similiar as are their hands (although I would give Hughes a very tiny edge in this category) but Fantilli is bigger and stronger with a better shot and is a more intense player. Fantilli would be the player I would ride with during a gruelling seven game playoff series every time over Hughes.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Nope. He'll be in the NHL next season barring something unforeseen or crazy happening.

Selfishly I'd like him to return for his sophomore year but I can't see that happening.

There’d be nothing to gain by staying

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Surprising he got it.
Had a great tournament
Just that he was brutal today

Yeah, not his best game, but he was also going against the clear best defensive player in the country. When you have two A+ players like Fantilli and Faber sometimes one of them will just get the best of the other. Faber plays flawless hockey, he’s not going to give you anything and tonight he was on Fantilli like white on rice.

Earlier in the year it was Fantilli who had 3+1 in 2 games at Mariucci

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
How would Fantilli's pre-draft season compare to Eichel's? I think if Fantilli becomes as good, a team will be happy.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
How would Fantilli's pre-draft season compare to Eichel's? I think if Fantilli becomes as good, a team will be happy.

We’ve never even really gotten to see the max ceiling of Eichel.
Showed some flashes in Buffalo.

He had the talent to be a top5 player in the game

Reactions: Just Linda and Wats

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
We’ve never even really gotten to see the max ceiling of Eichel.
Showed some flashes in Buffalo.

He had the talent to be a top5 player in the game

Interesting, how do you think Fantilli's talent pre-draft compares to Eichel pre-draft? Feel like Eichel had more hype than Fantilli but the numbers are pretty similar.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Eichel and Fantilli really aren’t that comparable in my opinion. Completely different players. Fantilli has more upside as a first line two-way forward while Eichel was a dynamic offensive force on a much worse team. If we are going to compare, I actually think Eichel’s freshman season was better.

Eichel hasn’t lived up to his potential for multiple reasons in the NHL. But, if we are just considering both players’ draft season, I’m picking Eichel without much hesitation. His offensive dominance was simply incredible in college. While Fantilli could undoubtedly be the better player, Eichel just showed way more dynamic offensive ability and game breaking talent. Jack Eichel should’ve been one of the best players in the world. Injuries and attitude have prevented that at this point.

I just don’t see a player who is going to be a top 3-5 player in the NHL in Fantilli as I saw with Eichel in his draft year.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Eichel and Fantilli really aren’t that comparable in my opinion. Completely different players. Fantilli has more upside as a first line two-way forward while Eichel was a dynamic offensive force on a much worse team. If we are going to compare, I actually think Eichel’s freshman season was better.

Eichel hasn’t lived up to his potential for multiple reasons in the NHL. But, if we are just considering both players’ draft season, I’m picking Eichel without much hesitation. His offensive dominance was simply incredible in college. While Fantilli could undoubtedly be the better player, Eichel just showed way more dynamic offensive ability and game breaking talent. Jack Eichel should’ve been one of the best players in the world. Injuries and attitude have prevented that at this point.

I just don’t see a player who is going to be a top 3-5 player in the NHL in Fantilli as I saw with Eichel in his draft year.
Thanks for the insight, it explains a lot why the hype around Eichel pre-draft was much bigger.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

antman12

Nov 27, 2016
very nice goal tonight. Showcases his speed through the neutral zone with five hole finish.

Floodgates have opened. 3 goals in about 3minutes of game play.

Edit. 4 goals in about 4 minutes lol

Edit... 5 goals in about 5 minutes

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014

We're talking about at the time of the draft. Knowing what we know today, Hughes would go over Fantilli but if you put Fantilli in that draft or Hughes in this one, he goes behind Fantilli.

Reactions: HabsMD97

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad