Post-Game Talk: Buffalo Sabres at New York Rangers 4/10/2014

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Nash scored the same number of GWG as Jagr, and about 80 less points. Let's not get overboard with all of the big time goals Nash scored. We will see how he does in the post season, where it matters most, and he only got his job done once.

I just think people using his GWG to validate how clutch of a player he is, is kind of non-sense. I get that he isn't as bad as people make him out to be, but that number is very misleading when comparing him to Jagr/Messier.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
lololol

Ties Rangers hero Mark Messier for GWG in a season, still not good enough.
Seriously, what the actual ****?

I'd just like to point out that GWG is more about chance than intent. He's merely scored a goal in a succession which meant that the opposition did not get past Hank or Talbot to tie the game. And the team can still net 10 more goals.

Nash is being measured against his contract, not who he actually is. And against his contract he has had a terrible season.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Nash's GWG werent stat padders.

He scored late goals to earn a points/wins in critical games. You can say Nash's goal are the difference between home ice and a wild card.

People need to get over the fact that he's not a freight train, two-way forward who's engaged every shift. Its a shame he isnt, but outside of the concussions hes been durable.

That goal he scored last night.....not many guys in the league can wire a shot from that far out and label it.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
I think GWG are downplayed more here than they are overrated. Every goal in any game changes the face of that game. The fact is if those goals aren't scored, regardless of the timing, those games may very well turn out differently.

It doesn't really matter GWG aside because Rick Nash gets crapped on here unnecessarily because OMG contract as if the Rangers gave it to him or the Rangers paid him to score its equivalent number of points. Such a stupid argument and expectation.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
I'd just like to point out that GWG is more about chance than intent. He's merely scored a goal in a succession which meant that the opposition did not get past Hank or Talbot to tie the game. And the team can still net 10 more goals.

Nash is being measured against his contract, not who he actually is. And against his contract he has had a terrible season.

Against his contract 99% of the league has had a terrible season. It's not a production contract, it's an incentive contract. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst

His contract has nothing to do with anything right now. Who gives a **** about a contract on the day after they clinched home ice on a goal he scored?

What did Nash's contract do to prevent them from finishing top-12 in the NHL?

Nash is the highest paid forward on the team. He's also led the team in goal scoring in each of his two seasons here.

Enough with the contract. Complain about the contract when it prevents Sather from making moves to improve the team.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Nash scored at a key time. If he didn't and we lost in OT, people would still complain.

He did what he was paid to do: be a gamebreaker.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
i'm one of his staunchest defenders.

he was awful tonight. that goal doesnt change that fact. he was lazy for a lot of this game. 50/50 pucks he didnt even TRY to go and get. he checked out till the last few shifts.

was very disappointed in his effort level.

He's been like that his whole career. Ask Jackets fans. He picks and chooses when he wants to be engaged.

It is what it is. Fans need to stop praying for him to become something he hates becoming. The Columbus game was the exception, not the rule.

He's a goal scorer. Just leave it at that.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
His contract has nothing to do with anything right now. Who gives a **** about a contract on the day after they clinched home ice on a goal he scored?

What did Nash's contract do to prevent them from finishing top-12 in the NHL?

Nothing, Its just a bit over the top when people claim that GWG is an indication that Nash has actually had a fantastic season. GWG is a pointless stat. Nash is a player that will score more goals than most on the team, no one is disputing that. GWG however is not an indication of effort, but chance.

Really, Nash's contract is an incentive ? "Please try to score a lot of goals since we pay you more than any forward on our team.. its ok if you dont, but pls try"

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Nothing, Its just a bit over the top when people claim that GWG is an indication that Nash has actually had a fantastic season. GWG is a pointless stat. Nash is a player that will score more goals than most on the team, no one is disputing that. GWG however is not an indication of effort, but chance.

Really, Nash's contract is an incentive ? "Please try to score a lot of goals since we pay you more than any forward on our team.. its ok if you dont, but pls try"

It was an incentive for him to STAY IN COLUMBUS. You know, that once bottom-feeder who drafted him? No big market team would have offered him that money. Everyone knows he isn't worth that contract. Everyone except the people here who continue to harp on it because they think he was actually offered it because of his talent. Players get overpaid all the time as an incentive to sign somewhere they probably wouldn't otherwise.

Also who said he had a "fantastic season?" How about just appreciating the fact he leads the team in goals even though he was concussed two times in one calendar year and missed 17 games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Also who said he had a "fantastic season?".

It was mentioned earler in this thread that Nash single handedly earned the team 18 points because of the GWG. That doesnt sit right with me, no matter how you spin it

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
Nash's GWG werent stat padders.

He scored late goals to earn a points/wins in critical games. You can say Nash's goal are the difference between home ice and a wild card.

People need to get over the fact that he's not a freight train, two-way forward who's engaged every shift. Its a shame he isnt, but outside of the concussions hes been durable.

That goal he scored last night.....not many guys in the league can wire a shot from that far out and label it.

That's not what I like to get when we're paying a guy 7,8 AAV/year!

I really liked what Nash brought last regular season, did not like his PO performance and do definitely do not like this years performance.

Nash is having arguable his worst season since entering the league, concussion might be a reason to it, doesn't change the fact however. Good thing is that he starts to look a little better, hopefully he'll heat up come play off, we sure will need him to! I'm not a hater of Nash, when he's on top of his game he's purely amazing to watch, unfortunately that has happen too few times this season imo.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
I'm usually the guy who hates on Nash the most here.... but I didn't... he scored with 2 mins left in the third period With a ovi like one-timer... I will not bash him today...but if he sucks next game I'll be right there to complain

NYRSkate

May 1, 2011
Long Island, NY
Ok, be it as it may, you can't wait a friggin game to complain about him? It has become ridiculous. I'm not happy with him this season but the guy can score the Stanley Cup winning goal in a game 7 OT and people will still complain about something.

Only reason it went 7 in the first place is because Nash was invisible yet again. :sarcasm:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The important thing right now for Rick Nash is he has a good playoffs. Last year's were not good for him. He needs to be a factor. I'm guessing Richards will be at least a little bit better than last year but we'll see. These days he has got EricChristensenitis. One good game--followed by three or 4 mediocre to bad ones. A couple nights ago he was first star--last night he was awful--especially on the pwp--couldn't get him off the ice either.

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
I'm hoping Nash becomes more of a sniper with msl on his line. His talent is undeniable it's his motor which causes occasional concern.

Fast looks like he belongs, not as indecisive as miller IMO. The only question is if he can put up points.

Av's facial expressions were classic. Wasn't to happy last night.

I don't get the Moore hate he had a good game, staal left man unchecked in front of net for their goal.

Nobody wanted to check Stewart and he was given way to much space. Our checking line wanted no part of him either.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I'm hoping Nash becomes more of a sniper with msl on his line. His talent is undeniable it's his motor which causes occasional concern.

Fast looks like he belongs, not as indecisive as miller IMO. The only question is if he can put up points.

Av's facial expressions were classic. Wasn't to happy last night.

I don't get the Moore hate he had a good game, staal left man unchecked in front of net for their goal.

Nobody wanted to check Stewart and he was given way to much space. Our checking line wanted no part of him either.

Last part concerns me. Stewart is a pylon...

AHB*

He's been like that his whole career. Ask Jackets fans. He picks and chooses when he wants to be engaged.

It is what it is. Fans need to stop praying for him to become something he hates becoming. The Columbus game was the exception, not the rule.

He's a goal scorer. Just leave it at that.

This is completely false.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
I think hardly anyone can fault Nash for his goalscoring. He scored at a 30+ goal pace which is about what could be expected from him. But his assists pretty much tell the story. Sure he's primarily a goalscorer, but 13 assists is putrid for a supposed superstar first liner. And it's not just the number, it's the way he has played trying far too much on his own and making boneheaded plays. That and his sometimes questionable effort has earned him criticism and that's well deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad