Post-Game Talk: Buffalo Sabres at New York Rangers 4/10/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I don't think it's a coincidence that the system wasn't as effective after changing half the forward lineup.

remember that many of those players are hardly NHL players anymore too... who is John Mitchell? some scrub. Stu Bickel, what?

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
It's true. That is a fact. Doesn't matter how it "sits with you" or anyone else here. He has scored 9 goals that won the game. whether it's the second goal of a 6-1 rout or last night scoring with less than 2 minutes left to win 2-1. He won us 9 games, which gave us 18 more points that we might've not had. :yo:

Are you seriously suggesting that we would not have won those games if not for that particular goal ? Yes, you are right. Nash carries this team on his broad canadian effortshoulders

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
It's true. That is a fact. Doesn't matter how it "sits with you" or anyone else here. He has scored 9 goals that won the game. whether it's the second goal of a 6-1 rout or last night scoring with less than 2 minutes left to win 2-1. He won us 9 games, which gave us 18 more points that we might've not had. :yo:

Eh no. That is simply not true. He scored 9 goals that gave us the lead and was unanswered.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I honestly think we're a better offense than that team. I bet if you take out the horrible start we had when we had a bunch of injuries, were adjusting to a new system, and Zucc was yet to break out, we'd be just outside the top 10 in offense too. Even then, watching the way the team drives the play offensively I don't think stats tell the whole story.

Bingo.

The team creates opportunities. We don't have many pure finishers in the mold of Nash. Not exactly like Nash, but in the same mold.

We have a lot of unselfish guys here that are always thinking pass first and when it comes time to shooting, it's not a natural reaction for them so they more often than not either put it in the goalies chest or miss the net.

This team is much better at controlling offensive flow through the N-zone and they generate more chances in front of the net where the prime scoring areas are.

Also, I have seen this team get stopped by the slimmest of margins. Pouliot had a great chance the other night against Ottawa where the Sens player got a lucky stick shaft on the shot. Last night Boyle walks down the slot and Hackett gets the tip of his glove on the shot.

This team is dually cursed. Pass first mentality and snake bit.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
MSL timing still seems off. He gets himself in the right position a lot of the time but is just missing. I'm still not worried about him. I think he is getting closer.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Bingo.

The team creates opportunities. We don't have many pure finishers in the mold of Nash. Not exactly like Nash, but in the same mold.

We have a lot of unselfish guys here that are always thinking pass first and when it comes time to shooting, it's not a natural reaction for them so they more often than not either put it in the goalies chest or miss the net.

This team is much better at controlling offensive flow through the N-zone and they generate more chances in front of the net where the prime scoring areas are.

Also, I have seen this team get stopped by the slimmest of margins. Pouliot had a great chance the other night against Ottawa where the Sens player got a lucky stick shaft on the shot. Last night Boyle walks down the slot and Hackett gets the tip of his glove on the shot.

This team is dually cursed. Pass first mentality and snake bit.

I undersold them, someone posted that since the first 10 games, the Rangers would be 8th in the league in offense. I don't know if it's per 60 or not. The 11-12 team did to be fair start slowly too, but they had less of an excuse because really Richards was the big difference with that team, not a radically different system.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
MSL timing still seems off. He gets himself in the right position a lot of the time but is just missing. I'm still not worried about him. I think he is getting closer.

agreed.

And with the comfort knowing that the PO's are clinched and everyone starts at zero, he should be more relaxed and better capable of allowing the game to unfold organically.

He plays for the Rangers the way he played for TB before the trade, we are going to be VERY hard to beat.

Very hard

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
the only complaint i had with nash last night was his effort level.

youre not always going to be a beast but you can TRY.

his effort level the past 40 or 50 games has been tremendous, hes tried real hard out there. Nash had maybe 3 good shifts the entire game. one was on a backcheck, one was on the game winner, and one was that mosnter shift that MSL had.

I think its human nature. games against ****** teams tends to bring out the ****tier sides of players.

This game was the exception to the rule (imho) in terms of Nashs effort level and engagement level...but I still stand by what I said, it was a piss poor effort level in a semi-must-win game.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Anyone have a picture of that graphic about Nash after the game?

Funny how in a season where he suffered a concussion, missed extended time and has been oft maligned by the fan base, he has tied for the franchise record in GWG's in a season (with Messir and Jagr no less).

That's a pretty amazing stat right there. Methinks I need to sip a nice big cup of shut up.

The thing about Nash for me the fact that I'm always seeing so much unrealized potential. But to be honest I think I've been a bit too hard on the guy.

I'd love to see a strong performance from him in the playoffs.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
the only complaint i had with nash last night was his effort level.

youre not always going to be a beast but you can TRY.

his effort level the past 40 or 50 games has been tremendous, hes tried real hard out there. Nash had maybe 3 good shifts the entire game. one was on a backcheck, one was on the game winner, and one was that mosnter shift that MSL had.

I think its human nature. games against ****** teams tends to bring out the ****tier sides of players.

This game was the exception to the rule (imho) in terms of Nashs effort level and engagement level...but I still stand by what I said, it was a piss poor effort level in a semi-must-win game.

agreed. he was frustrating last night. just not moving his legs. not skating hard. cruising.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I missed the game last night. I was at a bar and it was on, but being with two non-hockey fans, I didn't want to be a ******** and stare at the TV the entire time. I got some glimpses and saw who scored, but can anyone tell me who didn't play particularly well, or someone who did but wasn't on the score sheet?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I missed the game last night. I was at a bar and it was on, but being with two non-hockey fans, I didn't want to be a ******** and stare at the TV the entire time. I got some glimpses and saw who scored, but can anyone tell me who didn't play particularly well, or someone who did but wasn't on the score sheet?

Are you even a real fan, bro?

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Are you even a real fan, bro?

The NHL only schedules Ranger games on my friends' birthdays. I missed the Rangers comeback in that Penguins game a few years ago. It's considered the best ****ing Ranger game in the past few years and my sister had to have a birthday. Some nerve she has.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The NHL only schedules Ranger games on my friends' birthdays. I missed the Rangers comeback in that Penguins game a few years ago. It's considered the best ****ing Ranger game in the past few years and my sister had to have a birthday. Some nerve she has.

That was the greatest Ranger game I've ever seen in my life AINEC.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

What game specifically? The one where they scored a shorty late and then won in OT? I missed that one too. I did see the one where Zherdev scored with like 7 seconds left live. Probably best game I've been to.

Wolfy*

Do u think we'll bring up kids and rest in the game tomorrow?

Dont think so, they are already in Montreal per Twitter.

Cam will probably play, Carcillo and Falk too.

Maybe Zucc will take a day off, or Nash who always works so hard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium