Confirmed Buy-Out [BUF] Sabres buy out F Jeff Skinner

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
The off season has just started, free agency and the long march to training camp and the regular is yet to unfold. With Ruff now in the fold, why not reserve judgement until it all plays out, after all there will be plenty of season to laugh at the Sabres if this doesn't work. Just saying.
I guess. Maybe they get Kane, Necas,Zegras, etc. ,but right now they just lost depth.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I guess. Maybe they get Kane, Necas,Zegras, etc. ,but right now they just lost depth.
We van of course speculate. But remember this, the Sabres don't really lack totally in scoring, they've been pushed around on the ice, bo on ice leadership, no response when they were being out played.
Yes, I agree, they'll need to add a top 6 or 2 lifted element, but their bottom 6 needs to be seriously addressed. Their defense is young, but maturing, with a couple of good pieces. Their goaltending is now coming of age, UPL and Levi have proven top tier.
They need muscle with speed and skill and the maturity to guide the young now coming of age. They need a 3rd piece to the Tage/Tuch line, and they need face off improvement up and down the center ranks. See what is in FA, what is trade viable, and deduce their moves from there. Chances are, you won't be far off the mark once incorporating this info

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Skinner is not welcome on a team Ruff coaches. Any time he has takes away time from guys who will play in all zones with grit. This is as many have suggested a matter of addition by subtraction. Can you imagine that he was not wanted in OT play? I like his addition to the club and really cheered for him. So sad.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Come to Edmonton. Score a shit ton of goals. Experience playoffs hockey and greatness. Get paid again.

The path to relevance again is clear for Jeff Skinner. The question is will him and his agent be smart enough to realize it.
I have a feeling he wants to stay on the East Coast but he would be an annoyingly good fit on the Oilers. Him and Draisaitl would be extremely aggravating to play against.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I have a feeling he wants to stay on the East Coast but he would be an annoyingly good fit on the Oilers. Him and Draisaitl would be extremely aggravating to play against.
He would thrive on most teams in a depth role where he can be line matched against less competition

Reactions: ameselare

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
What's even funnier is all 3 of those guys have same issues as Skinner
Kane's issue is that his game is pretty unique. He's not the easiest guy to play with. But on the right team and with the right linemates, his offense is still good enough that his poor defense isn't a big deal.

Zegras makes effort defensively. He had a bad year with injuries and various other issues, but he was really trying his best to play better without the puck and I think his game significantly improved.

Necas yeah, he might be somewhat similar to Skinner. I don't totally see the comp but I don't think he's the right fit for Buffalo either way.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
What leads you to believe this? Please be specific
Softer yet skilled player, those types usually do well when out of the spotlight. Buffalo is a perpetual rotating cesspool, it’s hard to look how a player is there and take that as how he will be.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Come to Edmonton. Score a shit ton of goals. Experience playoffs hockey and greatness. Get paid again.

The path to relevance again is clear for Jeff Skinner. The question is will him and his agent be smart enough to realize it.
Not gonna happen. Money triumphs everything.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Softer yet skilled player, those types usually do well when out of the spotlight
So you dont know the player. Jeff skinner is not soft.

Jeff Skinner is black hole defensively because Jeff Skinner does what Jeff Skinner wants 100% of the time. That's is mostly not back checking and taking longer shifts than his linemates every single shift.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
So you dont know the player. Jeff skinner is not soft.

Jeff Skinner is black hole defensively because Jeff Skinner does what Jeff Skinner wants 100% of the time. That's is mostly not back checking and taking longer shifts than his linemates every single shift.
You say he’s not soft and then go on to describe how he’s a soft player :clap:

Your hatred for the player is coming out instead of the rationale about him

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
You say he’s not soft and then go on to describe how he’s a soft player :clap:

Your hatred for the player is coming out instead of the rationale about him
Jeff Skinner goes to the front of the net. He is a gifted 5v5 goal scorer especially around the net. He will stand up for teammates. He loves to be a pest.

We must have different definitions of soft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad