Confirmed Buy-Out [BUF] Sabres buy out F Jeff Skinner

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
I bet he goes to Colorado. Nichushkin replacement.
I don't think Bednar can work the same miracles on Skinner that he worked with Drouin and Nichushkin. Just don't think he will end up working out in their system. And I like Skinner as a player, and wouldn't hate if my team (Canucks) tried him out for cheap if I didn't already know that Tocchet wouldn't like him and he wouldn't fit in the system.

Last edited:

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Such a Buffalo move to sign a guy with a career high of 63 points, suffer through him having a 14 and 23 point season, and then buy him out after he’s bounced back and averaged 63 points over the last 3 years.
Fair play, but not remotely accurate. Skinners been afforded the opportunity to play wing with some very good NHL players. Eichel, Reinhardt, Thompson, Tuch. He's not worth keeping if you want a player to be more than streaky. And that's the truth, whether you realize the reality of his time with the Sabres or not.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
I don't think Bednar can work the same miracles on Skinner that he worked with Drouin and Nichushkin. Just don't think he will end up working out in their system. And I like Skinner as a player, and would like my team (the Canucks) to try him out if I didn't already know that Tocchet wouldn't like him.
Just stick him on a line with mittelstadt and lehkonen

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Everyone clamoring on here for their team has not watched this player closely enough to know that unless he is a severely sheltered first line, he will be net negative to your team. Say what you will about Buffalo, but he was trade for only a second round draft pick from Carolina for the same damn reason they knew he could only play on their first line and even then would offer nothing else except for the scoring.

He will get you some goals, but how many is he going to cost you going the other way? Can’t play in overtime, can’t plan him on anything, but the first line with people that will cover for him, and how much are the other players giving up on their offensive prowess in order to cover for his complete defensive Insufficiencies?

This is not me being biased… It’s all over BUF media and analysts talking points, which is why Buffalo is doing the right thing buying him out, even if it wasn’t this year it was going to happen next year.

Let me end on this… I actually really like Jeff Skinner, the person, and he had some nice moments in Buffalo. But it’s not about nice moments or him making hilarious videos and having a generally positive attitude. The on the ice stuff speaks for itself.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
It's already live on Capfriendly. Wow!

1719692661241.png

Ledge And Dairy

This never really made sense to me when it started getting rumored. Sure the cap space is great for this year but UPL was the only player that was getting any sort of significant raise. The next 2 years are brutal. 4.5M dead cap in 25/26 and 6.5M dead cap in 26/27. They have a lot of young, high potential kids coming off ELC's in those years. Sure Kulich, Ostlund, Savoie, and now Helenius dodge it but you gotta account for Byram, Levi, Bensen, Peterka, and Quinn. Then I also can't imagine there is any chance they let Tuch walk either.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
This never really made sense to me when it started getting rumored. Sure the cap space is great for this year but UPL was the only player that was getting any sort of significant raise. The next 2 years are brutal. 4.5M dead cap in 25/26 and 6.5M dead cap in 26/27. They have a lot of young, high potential kids coming off ELC's in those years. Sure Kulich, Ostlund, Savoie, and now Helenius dodge it but you gotta account for Byram, Levi, Bensen, Peterka, and Quinn. Then I also can't imagine there is any chance they let Tuch walk either.
And the $2.5M for the 3 years after that when those guys won't dodge it.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Just stick him on a line with mittelstadt and lehkonen
I really don't think you've watched him play very much. As KrakenSabresMike said, you can stick him on a line where guys will cover for him but it would negatively impact the line overall. And again, I know it doesn't seem like it, but I do like Skinner. Just won't work in certain systems in my opinion.

Ad

Ad

Ad