GDT: Bruins vs Leafs - 2/2/13 - Leafs fall in Winter just like in Autumn

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bruins04

Mar 3, 2007
"We were hanging on and hanging on, but they kept coming and broke us,†captain Dion Phaneuf said of the Rangers.

the blueprint is there.... Toronto is a much improved team, but Boston has to get locked in and execute. They should have the tools and players to do what the Rangers did.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Robins is on an AHL contract; the Bruins would have to sign him to an NHL contract to add him to the roster, and I believe they're close to if not at the 50-player limit.

I like Robins a lot, I think he's a great guy. But he's not an NHL player, and I can't see him getting a callup unless the Bruins are playing the Mongol horde.

That sucks. I'd much rather him up against teams looking for payback than Bourque

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
First time in this GDT and its full of Leaf's fans. That had better not be a bad omen for things to come.

I expect a hard-fought game tonight, but I cannot see the leaf's D and G holding up if the Bruins forwards (who look like they will be without Paille according to my snazzy new Bruins App) can hold up their end.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Toronto fans seem awfully confident in their horrendous team.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think if the B's remember how to play team defense and they forecheck well and sustain pressure, the Leafs will fold.

Problem now is whether the team remembers how to play defense, because they sure as heck forgot in the Sabres game.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I don't understand the pessimism shown on here recently

I mean, everyone is fully entitled to enjoy this sport as they please, but damn I just... I don't see the point in getting worked up about lucic fighting or Thornton being "washed up" on and on, this game is supposed to be fun. If following the bruins stressed me out (as opposed to be a source of escape) I'd bail on them faster than Ted Kennedy in a sinking car.

Enjoy the game tonight people, drink, be merry...it's Saturday :nod:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Not as exciting as it used to be.

Now I am going to worry about every fight.

Why? Did anyone else expect Thornton to beat Scott? I for one expected exactly what happened, expect with more blood.

For every loss, there's a win. And a pissed off Lucic, older, stronger, wiser= fun times with Orr. He may not beat him but I expect him to keep up. He doesn't HAVE to fight Orr, but I wouldn't not want to see it as a B's fan of course.

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
So that's why Tardiff was called up. Have a feeling we'll see

Looch - Krejci - Horton
Marchy - Bergy - Seggy
Tardiff - Peverley - Kelly
Mac - Campbell - Bourque

I think this line-up has some potential. Just imagine Tardif being on fire on his NHL debut, sparking Pevs and Kelly and Bourque giving the 4th line some offensive and skill spark as well.

yohan1212

Mar 31, 2007
I love thornts as much as the next guy, but losing him doesnt make us a weaker team at all.. Macdermid may not be as good a fighter but he hits 10x harder than thorntons "Butt" checks. Looch, chara etc. may have to fight a little more, but dont believe they will do the staged fights thornton always did. Instead, if someone like Orr asks looch to go off the faceoff , hopefully he laughs at him then puts him through the boards with a bodycheck. teams with a couple 4th line goons will have trouble trying to match us still seeing our toughest players play alot of minutes...

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
I don't understand the pessimism shown on here recently

I mean, everyone is fully entitled to enjoy this sport as they please, but damn I just... I don't see the point in getting worked up about lucic fighting or Thornton being "washed up" on and on, this game is supposed to be fun. If following the bruins stressed me out (as opposed to be a source of escape) I'd bail on them faster than Ted Kennedy in a sinking car.

Enjoy the game tonight people, drink, be merry...it's Saturday :nod:

Just like every other facet of life, people sometimes put way too much emotion and thought into it. Also just like real life, its generally the negative stuff that people dwell on the most.

SupremefartMachine

Oct 2, 2010
Vermont
the blueprint is there.... Toronto is a much improved team, but Boston has to get locked in and execute. They should have the tools and players to do what the Rangers did.

No, they really are not. They are the same team as last season and without Lupul. They are mediocre at best.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
Being in the 'leaf nation' geographic, what I have seen in the press is not about Kessel so much, but more about the younger guys like Kadri.
Hope the B's are more rested than when playing the sabres, and guys like Seguin and Hamilton coming 'home' to play will inspire them.
Enjoy the game Neely2005, it's a great place to catch a game, I just hope you didn't have to pay for the tickets ;)

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
No, they really are not. They are the same team as last season and without Lupul. They are mediocre at best.
Toronto fans seem awfully confident in their horrendous team.
If they can't beat this lottery team I don't know what to say.
I'm 27 years old and the Leafs haven't been in the playoffs since I was in high school.

I see the Buffalo game hasn't knocked anyone off the high horse.

Here's hoping for a good game.

Last edited:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I am hoping Seguin and Hamilton will have big games in what is essentially their home town.

Makes me wonder though what the families who are Leafs fans do when they go to the game and watch their kid/sibling play for the Bruins. Talk about divided loyalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad