GDT: Bruins vs Leafs - 2/2/13 - Leafs fall in Winter just like in Autumn

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
:leafsWe are Leafs Nation!!:leafs

Goonfinalposter.jpg

I think you mistook this for the leafs board

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
8 under 200 pounds

The Bruins have been just fine over the past few year with pretty much a similarly sized lineup. All of a sudden after one game.....correction....one fight, the Bruins are too small. They lack toughness. They can't intimidate. Yadda yadda yadda. Ask a defenseman who sees Lucic barreling down on them if he's intimidating. Ask any forward who is streaking down Chara's side if he's intimidating. The Bergeron line are all under 200lbs. When was that ever a problem before the last couple of days? Kelly and Pevs are staples on the third line. When was their size an issue?

It hasn't been an issue IMO. They'll come out against the Leafs and play good, hard-nosed hockey. They'll take the body and be physical, just like they always do when they're playing well.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Can I just repeat that I do not want Lucic off the ice for 5 minutes after fighting a staged fight with a goon.

If the Leafs want to send their goons out to match with the Krejci line, then Krejci will eat them alive and Lucic might end up in a fight if they try to target his center, but I hope to god that Lucic turns down all offers to fight for the fun of it.

topcat986*

They may not think the Bruins are "soft" but they may start to think the Bruins aren't as tough as they thought they were. Which makes a big difference.

Just being honest that is idiotic, as another poster said Lucic versus Orr is a plus for Leafs win or lose as Lucic is gone or off due to penaltys. That card gets played then I hope Mcdermid takes Kessel's head off. Now that is a message sent!:yo: When a team reaches the point of "moral" victorys that there teams true non skilled goon is there only saving grace............... they truly have reached rock bottom. PS. I als without doubt believe that Lucic can more than capably atest himeslf well versus Colton Orr who in his career will score less goals than Lucic will in one season.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
After their only loss of the season, the Leafs are just what is needed for the Bruins to get back on track and get back in 1st place in the conference.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
If Bourque is called up in favor of Robbins and the bruins are out hit and muscled resulting in a loss, I will not be a happy camper

Robins is on an AHL contract; the Bruins would have to sign him to an NHL contract to add him to the roster, and I believe they're close to if not at the 50-player limit.

I like Robins a lot, I think he's a great guy. But he's not an NHL player, and I can't see him getting a callup unless the Bruins are playing the Mongol horde.

Last edited:

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Great GDT

They'll come out improved and ready to prove that the defensive letdown was an abberation, not the norm for this usually strong defensive unit. I fully expect that the Leafs don't stand a chance and the Bruins win this 5-2.

I guess you havent been watching the leafs this year then, your in for a very rude awakening! I have watched most games this year and I can safely tell you this team is extremely hard working and much better in their own end. We have been close in every game, we lost against the islanders and rangers because we couldn't hold down a lead, but other then that we have been VERY tough to play against. If your expecting a romping tommorow night, your barking up the wrong tree pal, this is going to be a very close game and I wouldn't be surpirsed if it was decided by a goal. I'm not saying the leafs are going to win, you guys are a very tough opponent with no true weakness but what I am saying is your team is in for the fight of its life tommorow night. Win or loss this will definetly be a good game, cheers guys.:yo:

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I guess you havent been watching the leafs this year then, your in for a very rude awakening! I have watched most games this year and I can safely tell you this team is extremely hard working and much better in their own end. We have been close in every game, we lost against the islanders and rangers because we couldn't hold down a lead, but other then that we have been VERY tough to play against. If your expecting a romping tommorow night, your barking up the wrong tree pal, this is going to be a very close game and I wouldn't be surpirsed if it was decided by a goal. I'm not saying the leafs are going to win, you guys are a very tough opponent with no true weakness but what I am saying is your team is in for the fight of its life tommorow night. Win or loss this will definetly be a good game, cheers guys.:yo:

No, I haven't watched the Leafs. I'm not particularly concerned with the goings on of the Toronto Maple Leafs. I'm a Bruin fan, posting on a Bruin forum. Novel concept.

"The fight of it's life"? See, this is a difference between a team with a winning record and a recent Stanley Cup versus a team that battles for the division cellar. Every team brings it's best game against the Bruins every night because they've been among the class of the Eastern Conference for the last few years. This is nothing new to anyone who follows the Bruins, and certainly nothing new to the Bruins themselves.

I am expecting a romping. I could be wrong. It happens. It wouldn't be the first time someone on the internet was wrong....pal.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
I just don't even know.

That Buffalo loss is paying out a lot of emotional capital to the rival fanbases. :laugh:

See, what did I tell you. Leafs fans. :laugh:

I'd take it more in the sense of "Respect" if I was a bruins fans. Your team has set the bar very high as a team to beat this season, just like last. Teams will bring their "A Game" against you because, essentially; You are an "A" team (no pun intended). I do not expect to win against the bruins by any means but atleast we will know where we stand against the better teams after all is said and done come tomorrow.

Much respect: Real.:yo:

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I'd take it more in the sense of "Respect" if I was a bruins fans. Your team has set the bar very high as a team to beat this season, just like last. Teams will bring their "A Game" against you because, essentially; You are an "A" team (no pun intended). I do not expect to win against the bruins by any means but atleast we will know where we stand against the better teams after all is said and done come tomorrow.

Much respect: Real.:yo:

Well, part of insanity is the apparent crisis of identity *some* of the Bruins' fans on this board have after yesterday's loss. I haven't even wanted to read, much less partake, in some of the commentary being delivered, no offense to anyone in particular. :laugh:

Like with anything, there's some reasonable, rational thought from fans regardless of rivalry, and some dolts who are gonna show up just to stir it up, and some Leaf fans have obliged in that role (and I'm sure some Bruin fans will return the favor on the Leaf board.) You're at least doing your moniker a solid and taking a realistic approach to measuring tomorrow's game for your club.

As I said before, I'd like to see a Bruins' blowout, not so much because it's the Leafs, but because I'd like to see how the Bruins respond to the loss against Buffalo. I'd like to see the intensity return and regain the sharper focus on defense (frankly, the offense was fine and 4 goals should win most hockey games).

It's a game between division rivals. Anything can happen. If this is the Bruin team I've come to expect, I think they win. But that's why they play the games.

Enjoy the game.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I was going to wait till tonight or tomorrow morning to start the GDT, but thought it might be good to move on from last nights game.

Like the players, lets forget about yesterday and concentrate on the next one.

Sucks to admit as a Leafs fan, but you guys can count on Seguin/Hamilton scoring a few goals between them tomorrow night. And on a Rask shutout. :laugh: Hope we never trade with you guys again. :shakehead :rant: :cry:
What? Phil not providing enough thrills?

Lockheed

Scope Dope
Feb 1, 2007
SW Asia
Can't wait to walk into to work on Monday with my head high as all the Canadians in the squadron try to avoid me after their team gets a nice beating.:laugh:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I will say this, if a fight comes out of the game, it wont be staged. And I tend to think we fight better when its not staged, when it comes from pure aggression it tends to be in our favor. That said, if Orr comes out looking for Looch, and it happens, I wont hate it. I think a rematch would be interesting to see. It's been a few years. Looch is older, not injured and it if happens fast, it could be a good bout.

But I wont be upset if it doesn't happen. Just play better, more physical, and hopefully our defense gets a good nights rest because they played like dog crap.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
I will say this, if a fight comes out of the game, it wont be staged. And I tend to think we fight better when its not staged, when it comes from pure aggression it tends to be in our favor. That said, if Orr comes out looking for Looch, and it happens, I wont hate it. I think a rematch would be interesting to see. It's been a few years. Looch is older, not injured and it if happens fast, it could be a good bout.
But I wont be upset if it doesn't happen. Just play better, more physical, and hopefully our defense gets a good nights rest because they played like dog crap.

I agree. People assume Lucic would get his ass kicked. He wasn't 100% for that bout and has probably narrowed the gap with Orr by now. Orr would still be the favorite but I think Looch could give him a good fight. Terrible trade off for the Bruins though since Orr is a substandard nhler, sounds wrong to say that Colton Orr is a substandard nhler, geez I'll get kicked off the board criticizing 'Orr'.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
As a L eaf fan i'm not expecting a win BUT I do think this game will be closer then most people. Randy Caryle has this team working their ass off which is something wilson NEVER did. the PK last time I looked was 85% good for 10th. The boys are slowly getting harder to play against and while I expect a loss I think you guys will see a pretty big difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad