GDT: Bruins vs Leafs - 2/2/13 - Leafs fall in Winter just like in Autumn

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Hate this. Just as we got rid off Bourque 2 of our forwards get injured.
I'm not looking forward to this game to be honest.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
We need a pick-me-up after last night's game, hopefully this will do just that...

Hoping Seguin can finally breakout. He needs confidence, and Neely needs to ****ing scream at him. The way he avoids checks is downright sickening. We need more of that net presence he had on the Marchand goal, no more cute passing and trying to dangle ****, it hasn't worked.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Seguin just needs to shoot better and stop thinking he is Datsyuk when weaving in between defenders

jmeehan1985

Jan 3, 2012
Any chance that Bourque played himself out of the lineup. I mean I know Thornton is hurt but I think his days are limited in the Bruins line up. I think I would give Spooner and chance to but I think when Caron comes back i think he gets his spot back regardless.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Any chance that Bourque played himself out of the lineup. I mean I know Thornton is hurt but I think his days are limited in the Bruins line up. I think I would give Spooner and chance to but I think when Caron comes back i think he gets his spot back regardless.

No chance, Claud is basically on his knees worshipping Bourque when he's asked about him.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
No chance, Claud is basically on his knees worshipping Bourque when he's asked about him.

What's he supposed to do?

"Claude, it looks like Chris Bourque is really struggling to find his rhythm out there."

"Yea, Naoko, that kid really sucks".

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
What's he supposed to do?

"Claude, it looks like Chris Bourque is really struggling to find his rhythm out there."

"Yea, Naoko, that kid really sucks".

This made me laugh out loud and got strange looks from co-workers.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Or he's doing what he does and not ripping a player in the media.

Some players need a pat on the back, some need a kick in the rear. Whatever Julien says to his players it's behind closed doors, where it should be.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
This game falls in the Bruins favour so much that I'm a little worried.

- Rask always seems to play well against the Leafs and he's coming off a night where we gave up 6 so I think he'll be extra focussed.

- Seguin has become to the Leafs what Vanek is to the Bruins. To soon???

- It woulda be fitting that Dougie gets his first vs T.O. Thank you Kessel.

- The Bruins, as a whole, should come out with all sorts of intensity.

- Most importantly, I'll be there.

LET'S GO BRUINS!

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
This has to be the smallest forward group in the league.

Is that a joke? You forgot the :sarcasm:

Looch (6-4, 220) - Krejci (6-0, 188) - Horton (6-2, 229)
Marchy (5-9, 183) - Bergy (6-2, 194) - Seggy (6-1, 182)
Tardiff (6-0, 205) - Peverley (6-0, 195) - Kelly (6-0, 198)
Mac (6-3, 205) - Campbell (6-0, 197) - Bourque (5-8, 174)

Smallest forward group in the league? :shakehead

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Wait. The game is on the 2nd (as in tomorrow) not the 3rd right? Just making sure.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
8 under 200 pounds
Is that a joke? You forgot the :sarcasm:

Looch (6-4, 220) - Krejci (6-0, 188) - Horton (6-2, 229)
Marchy (5-9, 183) - Bergy (6-2, 194) - Seggy (6-1, 182)
Tardiff (6-0, 205) - Peverley (6-0, 195) - Kelly (6-0, 198)
Mac (6-3, 205) - Campbell (6-0, 197) - Bourque (5-8, 174)

Smallest forward group in the league? :shakehead

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Team is going to miss Pie and I will hold my opinion on just how ready Bergeron is until he starts taking draws.

I think he is hurt worse than they are saying, but it is a hurt he is going to play through.

I hope the Bruins win-they need a win after the embarrassing defeat last night (because these guys really should be embarrassed with all the awful defensive breakdowns).

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Seguin just needs to shoot better and stop thinking he is Datsyuk when weaving in between defenders

Seguin needs to make better decisions when he has the puck. He is better when he is in the zone and open and somebody feeds him the pass, but when he is carrying it into the zone he just doesnt make good decisions. I don't know how many times he shoots from well out from the goal, or worse tries to weave through defenders. Sometimes it is better to dump and chase than shoot and have the defense pick up the puck to carry it up the ice.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I was going to wait till tonight or tomorrow morning to start the GDT, but thought it might be good to move on from last nights game.

Like the players, lets forget about yesterday and concentrate on the next one.

Good idea.

Thanks for making the GDT !

B's will miss Danny and Shawn. I hope Bergy is really ok.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

Last edited:

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Great GDT whatsbruin......loved the hockey rule! I know all the hand wringing about Chara's longer-than-usual stick....all people need to do is look at the rule and you see the height exception plain as day.

I'm with you....tough result yesterday, time to move on for the Laffs.

Methinks your choices for three starts is very um.....informed. :laugh:

They'll come out improved and ready to prove that the defensive letdown was an abberation, not the norm for this usually strong defensive unit. I fully expect that the Leafs don't stand a chance and the Bruins win this 5-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad